MCS 2005 Power Steering pump recall (Canada) - North American Motoring

Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MCS 2005 Power Steering pump recall (Canada)

Old 04-14-2016, 08:27 PM
Neutral

MCS 2005 Power Steering pump recall (Canada)

Dear All,

My 2005 Mini Cooper S is having intermittent power steering failures a few times already, but goes away after a restart.

I have checked all forums as well as Transport Canada regarding this particular item for recall, and after speaking to BMW Canada today, they would not follow the recall to extend the warranty of 12 years / 200,000KMs for the power steering pump. However, they have the recall for the passenger size airbag mat recall with my VIN.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/...12029&lang=eng

Anyone here from Canada actually has successfully got the dealership to change the pump under the extended warranty? It seems our US counterpart is rather willing to follow the recall notice by the NHTSA.

View/help and advises are appreciated!

Thanks

Tom
Old 04-15-2016, 05:54 AM
4th Gear

Not me.
I did get a letter for the airbag sensor, but that was more than a year ago and they still have not called to make an appointment for the actual fix. I think BMW is hoping all the car will be off the road or passed along to unwitting owners.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:23 PM
2nd Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniatyyz View Post
Dear All,

My 2005 Mini Cooper S is having intermittent power steering failures a few times already, but goes away after a restart.

I have checked all forums as well as Transport Canada regarding this particular item for recall, and after speaking to BMW Canada today, they would not follow the recall to extend the warranty of 12 years / 200,000KMs for the power steering pump. However, they have the recall for the passenger size airbag mat recall with my VIN.

http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/saf-sec-sur/...12029&lang=eng

Anyone here from Canada actually has successfully got the dealership to change the pump under the extended warranty? It seems our US counterpart is rather willing to follow the recall notice by the NHTSA.

View/help and advises are appreciated!

Thanks

Tom
Are you the original owner? If you are you should have gotten a noticed for recall, I got mine and its 2002...
Old 04-15-2016, 07:28 PM
Neutral

Yes i am the original owner.

I call BMW Canada customer service yesterday and the lady told me there were no recall notice for Power Steering Pump recall for my car.

So did you mean you had yours replaced under their extended warranty under Transport Canada directives?

Aspen: You should call your dealership and arranged an appointment to get that airbag mat replaced because the recall is in their system under your VIN. Dealer will not contact you....you have to contact them.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 04-16-2016, 08:01 AM
6th Gear

What's the build date of your car?
Old 04-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Neutral

Well, mine is a March 2005 build...
Old 04-17-2016, 03:42 PM
6th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniatyyz View Post
Well, mine is a March 2005 build...
Unfortunately the recall cut off was sometime in February.
Old 04-18-2016, 10:21 AM
5th Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINIAC View Post
Unfortunately the recall cut off was sometime in February.
+1 to what MINIAC said. I have a March 05 build too, no PS recalls for it.

As for the airbag sensor, the parts are available now, just call your dealer and schedule the appointment. I've had both of my cars repaired