Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Integrated universal remote control issue...

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 07:33 AM
WillShootPhotos
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integrated universal remote control issue...

Greetings all, a MINI newbie here; this is my first post to NAM...

I've just picked up a used 2007 MCS and the universal remote in the mirror (code S319A from the build sheet) appears to not have power. I've done a few searched on google, but it keeps bringing up either new/replacement parts, or lots of docs on how to program, but not to diagnose.

The symptom is that if I press any of the buttons, the LED does not illuminate. I tried holding down the outer two buttons to clear any existing remote codes, but the LED didn't light (as the docs say it should) when I did that.

I've just emailed the previous owner to see if he ever used that feature, but figured I'd throw it out to the masses...

Thoughts on what I should check?

Thanks in advance!

- Will

Old 08-05-2015, 01:35 PM
WillShootPhotos
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Issue resolved... Newbie needed to RTFM

I'll throw myself under the bus... gotta love it when it is a simple solution. This MINI newbie didn't realize that pushing the key fob into the dash only activated some of the interior lights; that the ignition wasn't officially on until after you tap the start/stop button.

Amazing how power to the unit actually helps the unit function - LOL

The guy I bought the car from let me know that the LED may be hard to see in the daylight... while looking for that I saw the note in the manual about turning on the ignition (see page 48)...

Luckily I figured that one out before I actually started trying to remove the mirror covers, etc... :-D

- Will