Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Left front turn signals don't blink, stays on indefinitely throughout the night?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 06:50 PM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Left front turn signals don't blink, stays on indefinitely throughout the night?

I took my Mini in Monday to have the intake valves walnut blasted (cost $800), went to pick-up my Mini and saw that my front left blinker was lit up solid and would not blink at all when turn signal is activated.

If I hadn't noticed it my battery would have been dead the next morning, it won't turn off until battery is drained or I unplug the bulb. I have tried replacing that bulb with a new factory bulb with zero success, has anybody had a similar issue with their turn signals?

This problem didn't happen before I brought it in, I always do a walk around the car so I know if it happened before or after the car is returned to me. Just the night before I was driving home from the Angel Stadium at night and clearly remember seeing my turn signals flash in front of the car.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Systemlord.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:33 PM
JoanieB
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a short in the wiring.

Old 05-12-2014, 09:36 PM
tgr4tgr
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you find a solution? Same issue here.

I have a 2007 cooper s and the left front turn signal in the headlight assembly stays on all the time, even with the car off and no key in the ignition. I replaced the bulb and it still remains on. This has become a pain since any where I drive, I have to pop the hood and disconnet the headlight wiring so my battery will not drain. Any ideas on how to fix this? I realy do not want to take my car to the dealer and shell out a ton of cash when I am very good at doing the majority of work myself. This situation has me stumped.

QUOTE=Systemlord;3800480]I took my Mini in Monday to have the intake valves walnut blasted (cost $800), went to pick-up my Mini and saw that my front left blinker was lit up solid and would not blink at all when turn signal is activated.

If I hadn't noticed it my battery would have been dead the next morning, it won't turn off until battery is drained or I unplug the bulb. I have tried replacing that bulb with a new factory bulb with zero success, has anybody had a similar issue with their turn signals?

This problem didn't happen before I brought it in, I always do a walk around the car so I know if it happened before or after the car is returned to me. Just the night before I was driving home from the Angel Stadium at night and clearly remember seeing my turn signals flash in front of the car.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Systemlord.[/QUOTE]

Old 05-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Systemlord
6th Gear
Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by tgr4tgr
I have a 2007 cooper s and the left front turn signal in the headlight assembly stays on all the time, even with the car off and no key in the ignition. I replaced the bulb and it still remains on. This has become a pain since any where I drive, I have to pop the hood and disconnet the headlight wiring so my battery will not drain. Any ideas on how to fix this? I realy do not want to take my car to the dealer and shell out a ton of cash when I am very good at doing the majority of work myself. This situation has me stumped.

QUOTE=Systemlord;3800480]I took my Mini in Monday to have the intake valves walnut blasted (cost $800), went to pick-up my Mini and saw that my front left blinker was lit up solid and would not blink at all when turn signal is activated.

Any help appreciated!

Regards,
Systemlord.
Do you have an alarm for your Mini?

You're FWM footwell module is toast, there's a circuit that stays open and will not close for that blinker circuit. Very strange two FWM going bad on the same circuit, that circuit might be the first affected when shorting the board. You might have a chance at reprogramming it, reprogramming it didn't fix it for me. It cost me $1000 to replace my FWM and the dealer had my Mini hooked up to their computer all day long. The FWM from Mini/BMW cover all models, this way there's only one part for many applications which is why the FRM modules comes blank with no programing.

Sorry for the bad news!

Last edited by Systemlord; 05-13-2014 at 01:21 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 07:34 AM
tgr4tgr
Neutral
bummer......

No alarm on my mini. This happened while waxing my car - buffing around the headlight and then the light came on. Not happy at all.

Thank you for getting back to me : )

QUOTE=Systemlord;3930750]Do you have an alarm for your Mini?

You're FWM footwell module is toast, there's a circuit that stays open and will not close for that blinker circuit. Very strange two FWM going bad on the same circuit, that circuit might be the first affected when shorting the board. You might have a chance at reprogramming it, reprogramming it didn't fix it for me. It cost me $1000 to replace my FWM and the dealer had my Mini hooked up to their computer all day long. The FWM from Mini/BMW cover all models, this way there's only one part for many applications which is why the FRM modules comes blank with no programing.

Sorry for the bad news![/QUOTE]

Old 12-21-2022, 05:24 PM
notyours!
Neutral
Originally Posted by tgr4tgr
No alarm on my mini. This happened while waxing my car - buffing around the headlight and then the light came on. Not happy at all.

Thank you for getting back to me : )

QUOTE=Systemlord;3930750]Do you have an alarm for your Mini?

Sorry for the bad news!
[/QUOTE]

I also was waxing my headlights when this just happened. Any luck fixing yours?