Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Warrantee expiring, what should I have checked

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Dkesari
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warrantee expiring, what should I have checked

I just bought an 09 clubman s and I have 2000 miles left till the factory warrantee runs out. Is there anything that I should lookout for?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:37 AM
trakatdave
2nd Gear
For one thing, have the MINI dealer check for service bulletins that apply to your MINI. They are a kind of secret recalls. My dealer replaced the 2 visors,door threshold trim and checked the timing chain tensioner free of charge.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 AM
TREX
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aren't the dealerships supposed to check the service bullitens on your Mini every time you bring it in for service?

Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM
bmx045
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TREX
Aren't the dealerships supposed to check the service bullitens on your Mini every time you bring it in for service?
usually safety recalls, not bulletins. not every car has the described bulletin issue, but if one does come in from a customer complaint, they can refer to it and see a known fix for the issue.

I bought a 2011 CPO with 14k miles in feb, took it in last week for an oil leak(evident the second day I owned the car but just got around to it). Also complained about a loud a/c compressor. They noticed the visor recall needed to be done when they looked up the vin, the oil solenoid bulletin fix existed for the leak, and the a/c compressor loudness bulletin fix. So no, they won't fix bulletin issues unless you complain I guess. Luckily I knew a tech that worked there and asked him about these issues and he knew right away that there were bulletin fixes out for those things. I made the dealer aware as well, and the techs were able to identify and solve the issue.

I wish there was a way we could scan our vins and see what recalls are out for our car.

Last edited by bmx045; 06-11-2013 at 12:58 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:57 PM
nrfitchett4
3rd Gear
I've had my 07 mcs for about 6 weeks now and so far I've gotten the oil lines to the turbo, the valve gasket and now the timing chain assembly replaced. All under extended warranty. Still have the recall to do for the aux cooler, but haven't had a chance to get it back to the dealer.

Old 06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
ceoengr
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4
I've had my 07 mcs for about 6 weeks now and so far I've gotten the oil lines to the turbo, the valve gasket and now the timing chain assembly replaced. All under extended warranty. Still have the recall to do for the aux cooler, but haven't had a chance to get it back to the dealer.

You must have a good dealer in SA who is willing to go the extra mile for the customer. In the Houston area, a few of the dealers are only interested in selling you the car. Their after sales service is horrible. It is a known fact that BMW Mini resists paying even for items under warranty, and our local dealerships wouldn't even consider to bat for you unlike the ones in the Dallas area.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:16 AM
nrfitchett4
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by ceoengr
You must have a good dealer in SA who is willing to go the extra mile for the customer. In the Houston area, a few of the dealers are only interested in selling you the car. Their after sales service is horrible. It is a known fact that BMW Mini resists paying even for items under warranty, and our local dealerships wouldn't even consider to bat for you unlike the ones in the Dallas area.
actually had a bad experience at the dealer. Took it in for the recall and they refused to do it because the turbo lines were leaking oil and wanted 2000 to fix that and the oil pan. Took it to a place that the 3rd party extended warranty had in network and they replaced the oil lines and the valve gasket cover. Said the oil pan wasn't leaking at all...
Ended up at Euro San Antonio for the timing chain and they talked the warranty into a full replacement even though by the specs, it only needed the tensioner. Good thing too, they found a broken guide when doing the replacement and had to drop the oil pan to fish out a chunk of plastic.
I called mini usa to complain about the dealer, and when they called and talked to the service mgr, he told them that the recall (govt mandated) wasn't done because they didn't have the part, which is total BS since that was the only reason it was there.
I only plan on using the dealer for oil changes and so they can recommend maintenance that I will then have done elsewhere or do my self. I've heard they only charge 69, which isn't bad for full synthetic oil change with the inspection they do.