Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

MINI-less just for a day.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 04:23 AM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MINI-less just for a day.

Well it's that time of the year again where temperatures climb up to high 90s.

Of course i have that sticky sunroof that won't open in the heat, but i really don't mind since after a few minutes of A/C, it opens just as normal as before.

But now it won't open at all anymore, not at nighttime or in morning.. actually it sounds like it wants to break itself when it tries to lift up.
I left it alone and took to drop off at dealer and the service dude says it's normal, and to just let the car cool itself off for a bit..
My drive to the dealer lasted an hour and the A/C was on 60 degrees the whole time, and it still would make that loud cracking noise when attempting to open.. How is that normal?
but they decided to make me happy and take an in depth look at it tomorrow.
I mean, i don't wanna bother them but i figured my warranty has to be good for something right? they should be glad it's a silly sunroof issue and not like a fuel pump issue, engine chatter, gearing-problems, or a worn out ragtop.

I just really hope they grease it or something because i don't want my sunroof/sunroof track replaced.. i liked how my particular sunroof doesn't rattle like the ones in other minis!!

Have any of you had a sunroof issue like this one?
-sunroof not opening in heat does not count.. this is more like sunroof not operating regardless of the temperature and sounding like it'll break and fall on your head

Last edited by mattsenpai; 05-18-2010 at 04:29 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 04:27 AM
mattsenpai
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and i have my sunroof open or tilted ALL the time, (whenever it's not raining of course and not on freeway because wind-noise is whack!). Can it self destruct due to overuse?

Old 05-18-2010, 10:03 AM
RJKimbell
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is rediculous for a Tech to tell you that a Sun Roof not wanting to open is "Normal"...it isn't...why in the Heck is it called a Sun Roof then??!!

Molly's Sun Roof had issues last year, fixed by Dealer under Warranty, our Temps. haven't been that High yet, but at 76*, the Sun Roof opened with no problem and no herkey-jerky either!!