Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

How to fix squeaky roof?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:19 AM
coogamoogakid
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to fix squeaky roof?

My 07 Cooper S has developed a squeaky roof when driving on uneven roads/potholes. I can silence the squeaks/clicks by pushing up on the center of the rear glass panel. As long as I apply pressure the squeaking stops. I can sometimes push down around the rear roof panel before getting in the car and then opening the window before closing the door. Is this a DIY repair or does it have to go to the dealer? It didn't do this until the last 6 months or so. Anybody have any ideas on where to start to fix it?

Old 02-09-2010, 11:03 AM
peter314
5th Gear
where are you located? cold climate?
my car makes all kinds of noises cause of the cold, I just solved a bunch of them this weekend with DIY mods, recently the rubber trim where the glass meets the car started making a heck of a racket, cold dry and rubbing against eachother, so I went searching for some rubber moisturizer and while at pepboys the clerk said to put some tire shine on.
once he had said that it made perfect sense. So I did put some tire shine on and the noises went away, its basicly a rubber safe slick lube kind of stuff.
So after success with the door trim last night I put some on the rubber trim around the sunroof just cause. see if that works

last weekend I decded to take care of what I could. Its much quieter now.
hope this can help your problem.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:34 PM
coogamoogakid
Neutral
I'm in North Carolina and while we don't really get "cold" - you may have hit it - it has been colder lately. The tire-shine idea sounds like it might work - I'll give it a try. Thanks

Old 02-10-2010, 07:14 AM
strobeyprobey
6th Gear
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I just had mine adjusted at the dealer yesterday. They have bulletins on how to adjust the glass. This was the third or fourth time I have had the roof panels adjusted. If you are still under warranty I would take it to the dealer.