Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Air Conditioning

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 02:19 PM
enron29
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Conditioning

This past weekend, I took apart the dash to do some interior work. I have a 2008 R56. While doing this, I unplugged the three plugs on the back of the air condition portion. Now, I have got everything put back together and plugged in, it seems like the air conditioning is not working. Doesn't feel like any cold air is coming out. Can anyone help me with this? Is there a reset or something? I've tried leaving the battery unplugged overnight, and that didn't do anything. I was also having an issue with the 1-touch up on the passenger window, but did the reset for that and it works now. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Other than making sure everything is plugged in again...

Old 06-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Oxybluecoop
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^^^^^

Old 06-30-2009, 08:11 AM
enron29
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Benibiker
Other than making sure everything is plugged in again...
Obviously I plugged everything back in, that is why I am asking this question. It seems like since I have plugged everything back in, my air conditioning is not working. I guess I'll try pulling everything apart again and checking the connections, but my question is would there be any reason for the air conditioning to stop working after I have plugged everything back in?

Old 06-30-2009, 01:42 PM
ecupip
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All all the plugs unique? If not maybe you have the wrong wire plugged in the wrong socket.

Do you have the auto air or the manual?

Old 06-30-2009, 02:16 PM
enron29
3rd Gear
I have the manual air. I'm hoping I just plugged something back in wrong. There is one plug that goes directly in, and the two that have that swinging lock mechanism.

Old 06-30-2009, 08:50 PM
enron29
3rd Gear
Ok guys, really need some help here. I took apart everything again and unplugged and plugged everything back in. I still can't get the air conditioning to work. The button that controls whether to use the outside air or inside air works, as well as the fan speed; however, nothing else works. I can't control where the air flow goes or the temperature. The light on the A/C button will not light.

Here is what I have done recently to see if it tips any of you off. I recently got a sound system installed, and I took apart the center console to paint the controls black. I unplugged everything and took out the lower part with all the buttons and controls. I painted it with a rattle can.

I just don't understand how I still have some controls and the A/C won't work. All the toggles below that I also painted still work. So I don't know what the issue is. Please help, because it is getting really too hot to not have A/C.

I also forgot to mention that I took my car in two weeks ago to get my window fixed. I don't know why this would have an effect.

Last edited by enron29; 06-30-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:21 PM
Benibiker
6th Gear
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by enron29
Obviously I plugged everything back in, that is why I am asking this question. It seems like since I have plugged everything back in, my air conditioning is not working. I guess I'll try pulling everything apart again and checking the connections, but my question is would there be any reason for the air conditioning to stop working after I have plugged everything back in?
What I meant and others have mentioned was to make sure all the plugs are in the right place especially if they're interchangeable. Did you check for bent pins or broken wires behind the plugs? Did you check your fuses? Maybe you accidentally blew a fuse if you did all this work with the batt still connected. That's all I can think of... Good luck...

Old 07-01-2009, 12:44 AM
SmokeM
5th Gear
Did you unplug the battery before you started disconnecting things. I've read, to activate options, you need to take it back to the dealer so they can "program" it in.

Maybe the car thinks you're trying to swap or steal its parts? Sometime they have a certain sequence they have to follow in order to bypass anti theft?

That's a couple hundred bills...couple of hours to "diagnose" your problem then 2 minutes to hook up the 'puter and reset the AC Maybe they'll void future warrantee work because you were muckin around back there?

Long gone are the days of plug 'n play.

Nowadays you have to be a hacker instead of a mechanic.
Good Luck.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:39 AM
enron29
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Benibiker
What I meant and others have mentioned was to make sure all the plugs are in the right place especially if they're interchangeable. Did you check for bent pins or broken wires behind the plugs? Did you check your fuses? Maybe you accidentally blew a fuse if you did all this work with the batt still connected. That's all I can think of... Good luck...
I checked the pins, and didn't see anything. The three plugs are not interchangeable it looks like. I didn't check the fuse box though. Is there a specific fuse for the a/c? How do I tell if it's blown? Thanks.

Old 07-01-2009, 06:57 AM
enron29
3rd Gear
Ok, I checked the fuses down in the passenger footwell. F18 & F23 I think. They seemed fine. Are there any fuses in the engine compartment that I should check?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 PM
enron29
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by enron29
Ok, I checked the fuses down in the passenger footwell. F18 & F23 I think. They seemed fine. Are there any fuses in the engine compartment that I should check?
Alright, just got back from a shop. They did a scan and said there are 4 open circuit errors with something about grounding. They think that either a ground has been broken or a screw has been out through a couple wires or something like that. I guess I'll have to run through everthing. I wonder if the audio shop did something. I wish I could remember if I used the air at all after gettin the system installed.