Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Aftermarket

Old 05-17-2002, 02:52 PM
BlueJay
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am assuming that the aftermarket for both coopers is currently pretty weak considering that they have just recently introduced, but I am curious as to what is out there. I have heard that there is a chip for the car, and that is a good start. What about exhaust systems and intakes for the s? Can anyone tell me the stock boost of the supercharger? I can't find it anywhere on the miniusa.com sight. Dose anyone know if there is a pulley set for the supercharger to increase the drive ratio and give it a little more boost?

Any websites would be helpful :smile:

Thanks.

Old 05-17-2002, 03:10 PM
wainair
3rd Gear
Here are a couple I have in my fav list. I haven't bought off of any of them but there are a few out theregot minimini-madnessThe' John Cooper Works of the original austin mini cooper fame(working with new MINI now)rouge engineeringmini parts.com
I've gone to none of this to try them so I give no testimonials but they are great for browsing!!

Old 05-17-2002, 04:54 PM
shkeller55
2nd Gear
The April 15 edition of Autoweek says stock boost for the supercharger in the S is .8 bar, or 11.6 PSI.

Old 05-18-2002, 02:37 PM
BlueJay
2nd Gear
Almost 12 psi!! Thats a pretty good amount of boost, I would be a little worried to increase that any, or at least be worried to be the first to increase it. No wonder they had to lower the compression ratio so much.

Old 05-31-2002, 08:38 AM
GreyCooperS
1st Gear
MORE POWER IEGOR!!! MORE POWER!!! BWAHAHAHAHA

Old 05-31-2002, 09:24 AM
TMGRobyn
6th Gear
There is a group out of Nevada City Calif who has after market stuff. They bought a cooper and brought it from the UK last year and toured with it. They also souped it up pretty good. Did some racing and stuff. The guys there are great and know alot about the old and new minis You can find them at http://www.minimania.com/
Start with them and they'll get you super charged!

>>I am assuming that the aftermarket for both coopers is currently pretty weak considering that they have just recently introduced, but I am curious as to what is out there. I have heard that there is a chip for the car, and that is a good start. What about exhaust systems and intakes for the s? Can anyone tell me the stock boost of the supercharger? I can't find it anywhere on the miniusa.com sight. Dose anyone know if there is a pulley set for the supercharger to increase the drive ratio and give it a little more boost?
>>
>>Any websites would be helpful :smile:
>>
>>Thanks.

Old 06-03-2002, 02:24 AM
ernie
Neutral
bluejay,

im pretty new to this mini stuff, but i think there might be a couple places that can help you out. first, check out hamann-motorsport.de. they are an established tuner and have a full mini tuning program. you can also look up ac-schnitzer.de, another good tuner with some mini products. lastly, try rogueengineering.com. they have bunch of products in development for both the cooper and the cooper s. hope this helps!

Ernie