Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Fuse box diagrams needed!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2003, 09:24 AM
MG-BGT
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We really need proper diagrams for the two fuse boxes in the MINI.

I have searched several sites extensively and not found anything.
Does anyone here have this info?

The MINI owners manual does not give any details about the fuses. This is one area where the owners manual DESPERATELY requires improvement!!!! (MINI USA????) The diagrams on the fuse box covers are cryptic and not good enough.
I think it is pretty pathetic to have a car with so many electrified functions that are essential, that is delivered with not enough information to even figure out if a particular devices is protected by it's own fuse or not, and if so which fuse it would be under and which one to check. We are left with having to pull out and test every single fuse, a very frustrating experience!!!

Sorry for the vent. If anyone has a good and proper fuse box diagram (for both boxes) with listings of the circuits or devices on each fuse, that would be IMMENSELY helpful!

My reason for asking: the drivers side window has stopped working (luckily it has stopped in the close position), and I would like to see if it could simply be a fuse. Frustrating that MINI gives us so little information that I cannot find out such a simple thing!

The electrical gremlins in my MINI are becoming increasingly frustrating, this is looking more and more like a Lucas system (I think it's actually Bosch, maybe Bosch is turning into Lucas or Magneti Marelli, or such):

I have had to replace the center speedo because the temp gauge malfunctioned. This part is listed at $536 not counting labor (was doen under warranty, but do you want to have this happen after the warranty expires? A faulty temp gauge will cost you $536 plus labor????). My auto AC panel went dead twice (worked ok on 'reboot', must be made by Microsoft), the alarm for a while kept going off because I assume of a faulty door closing sensor. Could not be replicated at dealer, has been ok since. I can't count the times I have had to reset the window dip function after car washes. And now the window stopped working entirely!

I do not like the electrical system in this car!!!

Any thoughts?

Markus

Old 07-10-2003, 09:39 AM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree. My A/C quit and I went looking under the dash and found the first fuse panel. I assumed the little snowflake was the A/C because that is the symbol on the control switch. I found the second fusebox under the bonnet, and much to my surprise there was a second snowflake (obviously, from it's larger amperage, protecting the compressor). A wiring diagram would be nice as well so one would know what the two fuses control. Many of the other symbols were a complete mystery, and the owner's manual gives no glossary mapping the symbol to the meaning.