Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Settings From Each Key Fob

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:51 PM
OrionLTD
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Settings From Each Key Fob

I just had this happen to me and am not sure if anyone else has experienced this. According to the manual, each key fob on my comfort access system stores its own radio stations and other specific data (Like daytime running lights, 24/12 hour clock, etc). I primarily use my key since I drive the most. My wife used her key the other day and when I got back in and used mine, her settings were still up on the system (radio, car settings, etc). I got to my destination and got back into the car and my settings appeared. It seemed that there is some kind of persistence of settings that happen until I restart again. I know my wife's key was out of range (It was in the house while I started in the garage.) A strange problem. Any ideas?

Old 12-05-2007, 03:10 PM
LOP
3rd Gear
If one fob shuts the vehicle down and does not lock the doors (where the other fob would typically unlock the doors) and the other fob is used, then those settings of the 1st fob remain.

This is how it works. My wife (LP of LOP) turns off vehicle, I (OP of LOP)go to turn on vehicle BUT HIT my UNLOCK button FIRST, ta-dah! My settings are there.

So, regardless of vehicle lock status, if I wasn't the last to drive, I am the first to unlock...
Make sense?

Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM
OrionLTD
3rd Gear
Ahhhh I see said the blind man So as long as I trigger an unlock with my fob, then the car will have my settings. Now is that just with the unlock button or can I leave it in my pocket and use the unlock on the door handle? I can see why I didn't unlock when I left home. I don't lock the mini in my garage. But I do when I park and get back in!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:44 PM
LOP
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by OrionLTD
Ahhhh I see said the blind man So as long as I trigger an unlock with my fob, then the car will have my settings. Now is that just with the unlock button or can I leave it in my pocket and use the unlock on the door handle? I can see why I didn't unlock when I left home. I don't lock the mini in my garage. But I do when I park and get back in!

No, if one fob was used last, you MUST unlock using the other fob to retrieve settings. Play with it and you will see...