Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Cooper (R50), Cabrio (R52), and Cooper S (R53) MINIs.

Leaky boot

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 03:21 PM
kyriian
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Leaky boot

Anyone have had water droplets INSIDE the trunk area after a good wash?

it's happened before but not consistent enough... but its happening more and more now, droplets of water getting inside the trunk area after i wash the car. the odd time it has even appeared on the inside of the glass, its not a puddle yet, but any water leak can never be good

anyone know where might the leak be from? anyone experienced it? what's the part and labor cost going to be if i go to a dealer

seems to me, closest place i can trace the leak from, is from the plastic thing that sits next to the glass close to the roof... i don't know how to explain, but ill include a picture later

Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Phillip
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had a similar issue, or so I thought. A little water would sit at the base of the hatch (outside part), around the gasket, and when you opened the hatch, water would sometimes appear to flow inside the car. Open your hatch a little and see if there is any water at the base, and where it flows to when you open all the way, this should lead you to your cause.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:12 AM
Coko
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Leak in boot area

I had this problem - water was leaking right down into the "well" area where the tools are. So I took the boot panel off, 4 screws and some un-clipping to be done, as I recall. A friend sprayed water on the back of the car while I was inside looking for leaks - and there it was -right at the long handle which opens the boot and also holds the two license plate lights. Four screws to get it off - a little silicone sealer around the foam gasket - replace - and my leak problem was solved....

Coko
2003PWMC