Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Idle Squeal and 3-2 Shift VIbration

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 08:01 PM
BentChainring
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idle Squeal and 3-2 Shift VIbration

Good evening all,

Well Betty is out of the shop, for now, and I just thought everyone would appreciate an update to these two issues.

Idle squeal turns out to be a "dry waterpump seal". They are going to install a new waterpump on tuesday. Doesnt seem like to big a deal in retrospect.

3-2 shift...I gues the tech "looked at" my clutch, (borescope?) and saw that it was glazed...the repair? "A BMW Tech must drive the cara to improve sound"........HAHA...good way of saying a BMW tech is going to give your clutch a workout...has anyone else had this done? Any effect on total clutch life?

THanks

Nick

Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 PM
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BentChainring
Good evening all,

Well Betty is out of the shop, for now, and I just thought everyone would appreciate an update to these two issues.

Idle squeal turns out to be a "dry waterpump seal". They are going to install a new waterpump on tuesday. Doesnt seem like to big a deal in retrospect.

3-2 shift...I gues the tech "looked at" my clutch, (borescope?) and saw that it was glazed...the repair? "A BMW Tech must drive the cara to improve sound"........HAHA...good way of saying a BMW tech is going to give your clutch a workout...has anyone else had this done? Any effect on total clutch life?

THanks

Nick
Yea, squeeling at idle is usually the water pump or a belt. I doubt the tech is going to baby your clutch, but no it shouldn't have any significant effect on the life. Maybe 1000 miles less?