24 Hours of LeMons- Anyone interested?

Old 04-13-2011, 10:29 PM
Spank
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
24 Hours of LeMons- Anyone interested?

I'm pretty much addicted to 24 Hours of LeMons and have done 7 or 8 so far. I'm set to head to Reno Fernley Raceway for the May race, which is a true 24-hours, through-the-night race and I usually campaign a classic mini and I like to also bring a second car (so if one has "issues" there is a greater chance of drivers getting time in the other car while repairs are underway). These other cars have been a moke, a Citroen, and a Simca thus far.

I'm always open to having first-time wannabe racers join on, and I don't pocket any money-- I just do this for fun and only ask folks to share the actual costs to run the car that weekend-- equal share of tow fuel, track fuel, oil changes, brake pads, tires, and entry costs. On the flip side, don't try and sue me if you die. Hasn't happened yet, and I've had over 30 different drivers in my cars (fingers crossed). Also, there's a gentlemen's agreement that if you are behind the wheel when the car suffers debilitating damage due to a "racing incident", you need to help make it track worthy again. (you crash it, you fix it).

To be up front, the kind of folks who probably won't do well driving one of my cars are those who are looking to go super fast and just get lots of aggressive track time in somebody else's car, or those who are seasoned racers who are uber competitive and used to running at the front of the pack. These are $500 cars, and I bring REAL $500 cars.

People who would do well running in one of my cars: Have a sense of humor, enjoy experiencing new things, respect other people's property, realize we aren't going to win anything, are out to have a good time in a racing environment, always wanted to give racing a try but not sure where to start, looking to build your own team in the future, don't want to crash, recognize only half of the experience is the on-track racing.

If you think you may want to give it a go, I still have some seats open for the Reno race May 14-15.

Other races I plan on competing in (and where I'll have seats available)
Thunderhill Aug 6-7
Infineon Oct 22-23
Buttonwillow Dec 3-4

--Spank