South Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisianna, and Texas

Wash and Wax and drive down to Galveston, TX 4-29-06

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 06:12 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wash and Wax and drive down to Galveston, TX 4-29-06

Wash and Wax and drive down to Galveston, Saturday, April 29th.

April 29th is the last Saturday before the before the BIG MOTD weekend event in North Carolina!

A web page has been created on my family website. Our site is www.watt-family.com, and the link to the details for this event can be found by clicking on the MINIfun link. The event page has more information, route directions, lodging, and scout photos.

The route will consist of a Ferry ride and driving on one of the local beaches. The Ferry if filled with MINIs probably could hold 60+ MINIs.

I have had questions about Washing and Waxing then trekking off to Galveston. The reasoning behind the wash and wax is two fold; one waxing will give our MINIs a little bit of extra protection against the salty climate, and secondly who wants pictures of dirty MINIs on a ferry full of MINIs?

For people out of Houston, (Dallas & San Antonio) or live on the opposite side of Houston from Galveston who might want stay somewhere locally I have listed hotel lodging suggestions on the website. If there is an interest I will contact a hotel to see how to get discounted rates.

Here is a quick overview of the schedule for this event! There will be THREE opportunities for everyone to meet up:
  • 9 AM Wash/Wax @ private residence in Clear Lake City
  • 11:45 Depart for 12 o’clock meet up
  • 12:00 WHATABURGER / WAL*MART parking lot on Gulf Freeway @ El Dorado Blvd
  • 12:15 MINI caravan departs for Galveston, Texas
  • 12:50 Arrive @ Sonic Drive In on Seawall Blvd, Galveston, Texas
  • 2:00 Regroup for Ferry Crossing
  • 2:45 Arrive at Crystal Beach (Surfing optional!)
  • 5:00 Depart Crystal Beach
  • 6:30 Kemah Boardwalk
There will be 6 designated spots for a MINI line up to take group photos.

The schedule allows everyone three chances to catch up to this event. 9 AM, 12 PM and 12:50 PM. Please note the places above. Of course feel free to leave at any time during the event as I know this is a long event.

I threw Kemah Boardwalk in to the mix just because there might be some people that don't get down that direction and will be close enough who might want to check it out. If there is any interest we can all ride the "BEAST" on Galveston bay. It's a wet ride across the bay during the day, but in the evenings they slow it down and you don't get soaked! It's really cool. Visit www.kemahboardwalk.com to learn more.

I have plenty of extra postcards for anyone who are in the Houston, Beaumont, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas areas that would like to have extras to distribute! Private Msg me if you want me to mail you extras!

The goal is to get the word out to as many MINI owners to make this a huge success!

If you are going to WAX your car you are welcome to show up before 9 AM! I suggest you having your WAX on your MINI probably no later than 10:15 AM to give you plenty of time for the wax to cure and for you to be able to buff before we depart to meet the 12 o'clock meeting spot.

One item that is listed that might be over looked is the FRS radios. (Walkie Talkie). If you don't have one I recommend that you try to get one it will be our main communication source of keeping everyone posted during the drive. You don't have to have anything fancy, they are fairly inexpensive and can be bought at Best Buy, Wal-Mart, or Target.

Again, information can be found by going to www.watt-family.com and clicking on MINIfun. Excuse the rest of our family website, it's dated and needs a major refresh.

Old 03-30-2006, 08:39 PM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
More information can be found in the thread on the MINI Metroplex site.

http://www.metroplexmini.org/forum/s...ad.php?t=13364

Old 04-19-2006, 09:31 AM
MiniPlay
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by SpAcEbLuE S
It's just that I will have to wake up sooo eearrrlyy..Maybe my brother could drive....but that is a risk of being able to actually get on the right road and head towards Houston....
6 hours later we'd be in Oklahoma.... :haha:
I know of at least one person from Dallas coming. I haven't heard from the rest yet. I hope you and others will be able to come down from Dallas.

Only a little more than a week left before this event is here. For those that are coming over for the 9 AM wash/wax portion of the event you still have time to order products from Zaino and still have them by next Friday the 28th of April. If you are coming out at 9 AM please PM or e-mail me for the directions to my home.

There will be giveaways. Outmotoring.com has provided a hat and some kind of MINI rubber accessories tray item, I have received from an anonymous vendor two passes for to have a MINI Cooper for a weekend, and today from another vendor I deal with he is sending me a Kodak Digital camera. All these items will be given away once we get down to Crystal Beach.
I'm trying to arrange a photographer but not sure if I will be able to know that we are so close to the date.

Please respond to the poll on this Mini Metroplex's thread if you haven't or e-mail me at the address on the website for this event. Again, go to www.watt-family.com and click MINIfun