South East Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi

Tar Heel SCCA Club

Old 05-28-2002, 07:16 AM
BlueJay
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I don't know if there are any NC mini owners on the forums, but if there are, I think you guys should know about the local SCCA club. I believe the link is:

http://www.thscc.com

They do Solo II racing all over the state, so even SC and VA people would be able to do it without much of a drive.

Old 06-24-2002, 09:38 AM
DomTom
1st Gear
I live in NC and would be interested to take part as soon as I get my "S", 6-8 months. I am already a member of the scca and pca and have gone to numerous driver eds and autocrosses around the area. Do you know what category, and what other cars fall into this category, my stock "S" will be in? THANX

Old 06-24-2002, 11:08 AM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
DOM TOM,
A fellow autocrosser...welcome! Currently the Cooper is in H Stock. The Cooper S is in D Stock. (see http://www.moutons.org/sccasolo/ for a complete SCCA Solo II class listing) From the results of the Cooper to date there is discussion as to whether it should be reclassified in G Stock next year (only issue may be its low HP). I also expect something similar for the Cooper S but it would move down a class to something like ES or perhaps GS if the Cooper doesn't end up there. In D stock the S must currently compete with the Audi S4, BMW 330CI, WRX, etc. All cars with 220+ HP, and many with AWD. However, I'm considering running a S in Street Mod, since you can use the John Cooper Works S upgrade (when it comes available)

Mark

Old 07-09-2002, 05:42 PM
EdtrBob
1st Gear
Just checking in from Charlotte... Central Carolina Region SCCA member, TSD Rally fasn, owner of a 2 yr old PT Cruiser, and waiting for my Indi Blue S from the folks down in Greeneville, SC...

Looking like a nice group of Carolinians around here! Any of you that are interested in a nice little TSD action are invited to Charlotte this October; the PT Cruiser club throws a nice little party, and we'd welcome any Mini that want's to join us. Details at http://www.ptdepot.com/rally.htm

Motor on folks....