South East - Carolinas North and South Carolina

Body shop review

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 12:48 PM
Pebblecrusher
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Body shop review

Has anyone dealt with Import Paint & Body in Charlotte for body and/or paint repairs? The insurance adjuster/appraiser suggested this place for the repairs (see this thread for the story). She mentioned the owner owns a MINI and is very good with the work he does.

I also noticed that there was a MINI2 detailing seminar or two at this business about a year ago.

If you have had work done here, any issues later on with the dealer and your warrenty?

Old 10-20-2004, 01:02 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Excellent place to have work done. After having my rear bumper attacked not once, but twice by folks backing-up in parking lots and not leaving any info --this really surprises me being a former automobile adjuster , Import stripped the clear coat off the bumper and reapplied. No complaints here. The owner does own a Mini and does participate with the club.

Debi

Old 10-20-2004, 01:06 PM
Pebblecrusher
4th Gear
Thanks for the info. Makes me feel better to know that the person working on my car has a MINI.

Luckily the damage appears to be confined to the black trim. So no painting needed. But, the condenser mount (the black plastic/fiberglass thing) has damage to it and the condensor might be bowed a bit now.

Old 10-25-2004, 03:07 PM
mininc
5th Gear
Import Paint and Body is recommended by the BMW,MB and Porsche dealers for their quality work.

I had Loren paint and install my side skirts and he did an excellent job.

Loren owns a MINI and has been very kind to M2C2. He is also a member.

George

Old 10-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Pebblecrusher
4th Gear
I stopped by there today to give him the insurance estimate and to talk to him about repairing my MINI. I feel comfortable with him and his shop working on T.D. after speaking with him and the comments made here.

Thanks! T.D. will be as good as new soon. :smile:

Old 10-25-2004, 06:34 PM
DesignIt
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay, I know this is far away from Charolotte, but if anyone needs bodywork done in the southeast Texas area, Magnolia Paint and Body is definitely the place to go: http://www.magnoliapaintbody.com/index.htmMy wife was rear ended with almost $6k worth of damage to her 2001 Camaro SS, and Magnolia P&B repaired the car so well that there is no way to tell that it has ever been scratched. I used to work in a body shop during my college days, and I still do my own sideline painting, welding, and powdercoating work, but I've never seen better quality paint or body work. My wife and I recently bought a piece of property about 250 miles away, but when we move, I will still drive back to Magnolia if I need serious body work or paint. I just can't say enough good things about the quality of service we recieved.

Maybe we should start a regional bodywork and mechanic recommendation thread...

John

Old 10-26-2004, 06:38 PM
debiw
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by DesignIt

Maybe we should start a regional bodywork and mechanic recommendation thread...

John
Excellent idea John. I've got two--Car Craft in Tarpon Springs, FL--recommended by the President of the Tampa, FL local BMWCCA chapter. These guys did some--what else, rear bumper work on my Z3 a few years ago. I highly recommend them and of course, Import Paint and Body in Charlotte.

Folks remember if you ever need some suggestions for body shops, often a very good source is a local car chapter President.

Debi