Sota MINIs The Sota MINIs (Minnesota) club forum.

Whats going on out there?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 10:59 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats going on out there?

Hey guys, I thought I would check in and see what is going on out there? Who all is going to the Dragon in May, I'll be there with my new MCS, Give me the scoop!

Old 03-21-2005, 09:10 AM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zak!!

Not too much new here. Tracy and I just got back from Chicago yesterday. I had just put the summer wheels back on when we were scheduled for some freak snow storm, right before we left. So I threw the winter wheels back on and hoped there would be as much snow as they predicted. Turns out they were right! We were plowing through near white-out conditions for quite some time. However, we were able to just FLY along without any problem. We saw about 5 cars go off the road and we passed countless others who were sketchy and all over the place. Man I love the MINI with snow tires!

At one point we were following a semi and he decided to slow down in a hurry. So fast that the trailer decided to step out to the right into the next lane. He reeled it back in and kept going - just in time though, cuz there was a state trooper and about 3 cars in the right lane. If he would have left the trailer out there, there would have been some major damage done.
While in Chicago we saw Duran Duran (her choice, not mine ) at the Allstate Arena. Turned out to be a pretty good show. Especially after we left our nosebleed seats for the front row, side of the stage. We spent a bunch of time on the trains and walking around. It was my first time there - very cool place. Can't wait to go back.

Then we ate at the Weber Grill. Holy cow. That is some of the best food I have ever had. It was amazing. Cooked to perfection and I had the largest pile of garlic mashed potatoes EVAR!!

No Dragon for me. THIS year....

Any updates from your side?

Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 AM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Well let's see, I AM going to the dragon with Vader, I am going to be selling the Yellow Bomber, I just got the PPG replacemnt windshield in the Yellow Bomber. I am still awaiting to recieve Vader, the JB/B MCS 6 speed Manual. I am starting school back up in May literally right after the Dragon, I'm going to the community college here for Automotive Mechanics. How is everyone else? C'mon! I met more than just Adam, now where are you all hiding? Well i got to run and do some errands with the mother.

Old 03-21-2005, 01:39 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
I'm doing fine, although there is essentially nothing of interest to report. Well, we got about 20" snow Friday-Saturday. That was unusual.

Where are you going to school, Zak, Washtenaw CC? That's a nice little school. I've done a lot of autocrosses in that parking lot I think a guy from the Alfa Romeo club teaches in the automotive department there.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:54 PM
Maximusmini
6th Gear
Yes, I am heading to Washtenaw Community College for the program, now the question is.... What were you doing over here? I sens a story to post. I am getting more and more anxious to get my MCS now. Sometimes I can't control myself thinking my Yellow Bomber is just like Ryephiles and Just throw it into the corners, but now I need to tighten the spare . Now is the time I need to put her back to stock and keep the header and Schroth's I sad porccess to see her go.

Old 03-21-2005, 03:12 PM
satay-ayam
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Maximusmini
Yes, I am heading to Washtenaw Community College for the program, now the question is.... What were you doing over here?
I grew up in Michigan And somehow live in MN now I still don't know how that happened

No big story other than that

Old 03-22-2005, 05:37 AM
adame
Coordinator :: MINIsota Motoring Society (MMS)
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maximusmini
Now is the time I need to put her back to stock and keep the header and Schroth's
*cough*cough* need help getting anything else off there to return it to stock *cough*cough*