Smoky Mountain MINIs The club forum of the Smoky Mountain MINIs in Eastern Tennessee. Visit the club site at www.smokymountainmini.org

Visitor from Washington State...

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 02:15 PM
CINIMIN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visitor from Washington State...

My wife and I will bwe flying to Florida on August 8 top pick op a 2005 MCSC and driving it home. We will be doing the Dragon and The Great Smoky National Park on the way back to Washington. I tried to register on your club site so I could try to get some local information and advice but my account requires approval from a staff member - it has been that way since last Friday. Thanks anyway.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
Howdy,

I would be glad to help with any local information you need. I think the message board is to send an email to our board administrator but the SMM email addresses were recently attacked with a very large volume of SPAM, bouncing back all emails. I HATE SPAM!!

When do you think you will be in the east TN area?

Donna

Old 08-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Blue Skies 05
4th Gear
YAHOO, you are going to do the Dragon I knew ya'll would do it.

Have fun, watch out for crotch rockets, and

Happy trails

Old 08-01-2007, 02:47 PM
queenB
Coordinator :: Smoky Mountain MINIs
Hey Cinimin, you show up on the member list as activated on the message board. Let me know if you still can't post.

Cheers,
Donna

Old 08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
CINIMIN
2nd Gear
Blue Skies - are you back in Washington? Would love to see you posting on PSMINI.ORG!

Queen Bee - Thanks for the response. We pick up the car (Yellow 2005 MCSC) in Fort Meyers on August 8th or 9th. Plan is to drive to Key West to start our trip North from as far South as we can get! We are taking I-75 north to Macon GA and then heading up 129 / 441 thru Athens and on to the general vicinity of the Dragon and Great Smoky NP. We want to do the Dragon at least twice - once for each of us to drive and we also want to do some of the other roads of interest in the area - Cherohala Skyway, Hellbender, and some of the roads in the NP. We don't have unlimited time but we would love to see a part of the country that gets rave reviews from everyone who visits there. Our visit to your area will end probably in Knoxville where we will pick up I-75 & I-74 to Indy where we will visit the Indy Motor Museum and then catch I-90 (with some scenic byways thrown in) to Yellowstone NP, north to Glacier NP and then Home via Highway 2 to Everett WA.

We are wide open to suggestions for places to stay, things to see, and places to avoid. We are not into big cities but love friendly small towns. We will go out of our way for scenic drives and interesting historic sites. We are very active in the Puget Sound Mini Club and love to get together with MINI enthusiasts and talk MINI's and MINI roads. The MCSC will be joining our other MINI (see sig). We are also looking for estimated driving times for some of the routes I mentioned, and are always looking for good local places to eat.

Thanks to anyone who chooses to offer ideas, opinions, and free advice!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
CINIMIN
2nd Gear
Donna,

Thanks for the help - but when I go to the Logon screen I get this message:

"Currently your account is waiting for approval from a staff member. Once an administrator has approved your account you will get access to this forum."

Old 08-06-2007, 10:37 AM
CINIMIN
2nd Gear
Just found out I can access the site - Great place!

Posted a message in the Trips & Events forum.

Thanks!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Silverbullit
6th Gear
CINIMIN, glad to find out your going to stop by at the "Dragon" on your way home. I've never been there but I'm sure it will be a blast. I'm leaving the 9th for a family reunion in Al. than I'm heading to Indy to see my Son and Daughter and spend a few days there. I hope your trip is full of enjoyable surprises and trouble free. When you go West there is nothing to compare to seeing the mountians in the distance and watch them get larger as you get closer. Once again, have a great trip and be safe!!