Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

delete function disappeared?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swear there used to be a delete function for posts. I just posted a new topic on MINI Talk by mistake and was going to delete it and repost on Beneath the Bonnet but it won't let me any more. Am I mistaken, or has something changed?

Old 09-25-2003, 10:49 PM
Mark
North American Motoring :: Founder
If the post has had no follow up posts to it you should be able to click on the "paper and pencil" icon under the post. This will allow you to edit the post or check the "Delete this post" button to delete it. If someone has replied just contact one of the moderators via PM and we'll take care of the post for you.

Thanks

Mark

Old 09-26-2003, 07:11 AM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
>>If the post has had no follow up posts to it you should be able to click on the "paper and pencil" icon under the post. This will allow you to edit the post or check the "Delete this post" button to delete it. If someone has replied just contact one of the moderators via PM and we'll take care of the post for you.

Yes. That was exactly my meaning: I click on the icon and it brings up the editing window but only has a "submit" button, but no "delete" button.

The edit window I am in right now has only the submit and "cancel post" buttons.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Mark
There is no "Delete post" check box under (at to the left) of the cancel and submit buttons? Just to be sure we're looking at the same thing go to the Test forum and create a new topic. Submit the topic. When the page reappears click on the little paper and pencil icon under your post. When the edit window appears you should see a Submit, Cancel, and under them (to the left) you should see a "Delete this post" check box. Check this and click submit. The thread should be deleted. Let me know if this isn't the case and I'll contact you via PM to try this with your account. Thanks!

Mark

Old 09-26-2003, 07:33 AM
Nuvolari
4th Gear
I did as you suggested and the delete box was there. I deleted the thread.

Since there is a follow up to my posting in MINI Talk that option is no longer available, but I am sure it wasn't available last night, either. Could there be some difference in how my account appears at home and at work?

I am going to use the test forum tonight from home and see if I can replicate the condition.

Thanks, Mark. I'll try to double check the forum selection before submitting in the future. My question on MINI Talk was answered, anyway.

Old 09-26-2003, 07:38 AM
Mark
No problem. Glad to help. I was afraid that something was improperly configured on your account. All members should have this functionality if you are logged into the site.

Let me know if you need any additional assistance in the future.

Mark