Site Feedback Open forum for discussion of this site. Post your kudos or criticism so that we can continually improve service to the new MINI community.

Marketplace redo - Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 05:11 PM
PGT
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's better for buyers and worse for sellers. if one has multiple items for sale, well, it's a PITA.

Also...iTrader requires > 15 characters to be entered in the private comments field. Could you drop this please? I have no desire to say more than 'thanks'....we're forced to write a sonnet

Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 PM
rschumin
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Marketplace

Awful. Just awful

Old 08-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
say we sell something and mark it as sold, is it going to be placed in the archive?

Old 08-03-2008, 06:22 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
say we sell something and mark it as sold, is it going to be placed in the archive?

Right now they fall off 30 days after they are marked sold or the ad expires. That can be changed if need be.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by gnatster
Right now they fall off 30 days after they are marked sold or the ad expires. That can be changed if need be.
oh alright. Maybe the archive should just be deleted to make room. Its kinda useless.

Old 08-03-2008, 09:35 PM
HighLife4136
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Jtrem
oh alright. Maybe the archive should just be deleted to make room. Its kinda useless.
The archive could provide pricing history/data for potential sellers and or buyers.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Jtrem
6th Gear
Originally Posted by HighLife4136
The archive could provide pricing history/data for potential sellers and or buyers.
nawwww

Old 08-13-2008, 08:08 PM
Mini-Ha-Ha
2nd Gear
Don't like the new marketplace at all. The other was more "fun" to search around on, it was easy to use, and the way it was written up was more clear & intuitive! Just my two cents. Any idea if this new marketplace is to blame for the site's slowness now?!?

Old 08-13-2008, 08:29 PM
gnatster
6th Gear
Marketplace has been up for a while and is not the cause of the site slowness.

The slowness has been reported to Internet Brands.

Old 08-13-2008, 11:50 PM
OasisT
6th Gear
It seems my items are getting MUCH less response on sales compared to the old format. I think part of it has to do with the new format is hidden and not real obvious to the average web surfer. I think the only like say click "here" for the marketplace. Most people don't even read that part, they simply glance at the old archive format and see that there hasn't been activity for a while and move on not even realizing that there is another huge marketplace hidden.

Anyway, as far as liking the new format, I personally prefer the old format, but, thats just me. I think once it is displayed with an obvious link, it might be an effective marketplace. I have actually considered placing my parts/wheels for sale elsewhere due to lack of response, thats the first time I have ever felt that way here on NAM while selling parts/wheels.

Of course the above is just my opinion, as a buyer, the new format is probably easier to find needed parts but is definitely not as much fun to browse to see what is for sale, basically its too complicated with so many categories IMO. I guess I can say confidentally that I wouldn't be upset if the old format was re-implemented. ;-)

Last edited by OasisT; 08-14-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:40 AM
PGT
Banned
it's linked in the top banner but I would venture a guess many people find items by clicking on 'new posts' just like I do every day vs. browsing.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:45 PM
littlehandegan
Coordinator :: Low Country MINIs
Oh i agree with oasis, the old marketplace was so much better, can we get a petition to get it back PLEASE?????

Old 08-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Halifax
4th Gear
The New Marketplace

Originally Posted by littlehandegan
Oh i agree with oasis, the old marketplace was so much better, can we get a petition to get it back PLEASE?????
Sign me up. I liked the forum-style marketplace much much better. I'll bet that even after a year, the new marketplace won't have the traffic that was moving through the old marketplace.

Old 08-18-2008, 04:54 PM
PGT
Banned
won't take a year....I've yet to get a PM from any ad I've placed in the new version (and it's been a few). Maybe we can organize a vote to see if people think it's more effective? Not to say it's going to be changed, but just to get a consensus on whether the net sum gain is there.

Old 08-18-2008, 07:51 PM
HighLife4136
5th Gear
Originally Posted by PGT
won't take a year....I've yet to get a PM from any ad I've placed in the new version (and it's been a few). Maybe we can organize a vote to see if people think it's more effective? Not to say it's going to be changed, but just to get a consensus on whether the net sum gain is there.

Consensus on my end is that the old style is better. I agree that from the tone of things, we won't see a change back to the old style, but it's worth a try I guess...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:47 PM
Longboard110
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree, the new marketplace is horrible. I rarely even look at it anymore.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:06 AM
CmdrVimes
Stuck in Reverse
I have a bit of an issue with the new market place. I was attempting to leave feedback for someone from which I bought a set of wheels. However, it requires me to have the link to the ad posting. There lies the problem. The ad is no longer showing up in the market place. It was marked as sold and then it seemed like a day or 2 later it was gone.

I was waiting for the wheels to arrive before leaving any sort of feedback. Now I can't leave feedback because I can't get the required information for the feedback form.

Old 08-21-2008, 09:40 AM
Cruzrmm
1st Gear
Current Marketplace is most disappointing.
Not user friendly.

Old 08-21-2008, 08:20 PM
K5Cruiser
4th Gear
Originally Posted by littlehandegan
I second that motion!

I could be wrong, but it seems there is no requirement for the seller to enter their location (ship from location). I would have thought that with the revamp of the marketplace that this would have been put in place to make it easier on the moderator and potential customers.

I end up looking at the dates and times of the last entries in order to determine whether I even need to click on any of the sections of the marketplace. By doing so I probably end up missing out on reduced prices, and I definitely can't see any of the comments from other NAMers.

Old 08-22-2008, 06:39 AM
eager2own
6th Gear
Another vote for the old marketplace

Old 08-22-2008, 10:27 AM
edubledie
4th Gear
Old market place says I .....i really dont like the new one what so ever. added steps are never a good thing

Old 08-22-2008, 01:36 PM
K5Cruiser
4th Gear
It looks like you can't quote the ad when placing a comment either. This is problematic when you actually buy something, and when you receive the item it's not as indicated in the original ad. When you go back to the ad and make a complaint, the ad has been changed.

I'm all for change as it's usually a good thing in the long run, but this new Marketplace just doesn't seem to be cutting the mustard.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Longboard110
5th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
seems like a lot of people dislike it, any input from the site admin?

Old 08-24-2008, 09:31 AM
OctaneGuy
Vendor & Moderator :: MINI Camera and Video & c3 club forum
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm not the site admin, but I like the new Marketplace...maybe its just my nature to go against the grain when everyone is so adamant about something, but the old way left so much to be desired.

Although there are obviously issues with the current marketplace before it can be considered optimal, there are a lot of things the new marketplace enables the site to do in the future that were impossible to do before and to me, that's a positive step forward towards the growth of anything.

I'd say as a buyer the archive should hold past listings for several years and not 30 days.

For example, most recently I was looking for JCW injectors and saw posts from January that you could buy them new for $275 or less. Then in my research, I found that prices went up 50% (or so claimed by this vendor) in June--so finding new injectors for $275 wasn't so easy any more...Rustyboy sold a used set for $200 awhile back..

Havings this information archived would make both selling and purchasing decisions easier and the new marketplace enables both the categorization, history, and potentially even the selling price accessible instead of relying on Google Search to find it for me.

Just my 2 cents.

Change isn't always fun, but sometimes it's necessary for progress, and the old way WAS certainly failing to keep up with progress.

Richard

Old 08-24-2008, 09:40 AM
gnatster
6th Gear
Originally Posted by CmdrVimes
I have a bit of an issue with the new market place. I was attempting to leave feedback for someone from which I bought a set of wheels. However, it requires me to have the link to the ad posting. There lies the problem. The ad is no longer showing up in the market place. It was marked as sold and then it seemed like a day or 2 later it was gone.

I was waiting for the wheels to arrive before leaving any sort of feedback. Now I can't leave feedback because I can't get the required information for the feedback form.
Changed to leave items marked as Sold for 180 days.

Quick Reply: Marketplace redo - Feedback