MINI Parts for Sale Search and shop for all your MINI parts here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Part fits (you may select multiples):

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Color:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

WTT:: Custom R60 Exhaust for Stock Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 06:56 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
SOLD: Custom R60 Exhaust for Stock Exhaust

Category: Drivetrain
Price: $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (you may select multiples): R60
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Used

SOLD -----------------------

Looking to trade my custom R60 ALL4 exhaust setup for a stock system before I trade this car back to the dealer. It will be traded before the end of December. Though, I'd prefer to have this done in the next few weeks before it gets cold out here.

The system is the one mentioned in my original exhaust threads from 2011 (when we were all scrambling for something before any aftermarket systems were available). Sorry, but it's for an ALL4 only.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...-and-pics.html

Big plus - loud when you want it, quiet when you need it. Bigger plus, I'm asking nothing for it (other than your swapped system).

System is a full factory-modified exhaust, comes with:

1) Magnaflow 24" resonator replacing the 2nd cat and resonator (completely legal, not warranty-voiding)
2) Badlanz HPE Stainless Steel Cutout (Custom Type), Y-Pipe, Stainless Block-Off Plate, Wiring, Switch, Hardware, and I'll throw in a 12v adapter for temp hookup until you get it wired in.
3) Installed DiMisa matte black (double powder coated) 4" tips
4) Factory/OEM Tips, Removed before install DiMisa Tips (perfect shape)
5) Factory/OEM 2nd cat & resonator section - removed and replaced with Magnaflow resonator (perfect shape)

Believe it or not, I never hard-wired this into the car - I always ran it from the 12v adapter I built (using the rear cig. lighter port). So the wiring is still new and ready to be run (no cuts, etc). Like I said above, I'll throw in the 12v adapter I've been using.

Somebody will be getting one heck of a deal. There have been a half dozen members that I know of who have copied this template exactly and have loved it.

The reason this is free is two-fold:

1) I want to give back to the R60 community in the form of something tangible - I give a lot of info and such, but I actually want to do something nice for someone instead of chopping this up and using a JCW midpipe to put humpty-dumpty back together. Yes, I can do that (and sell off these parts), but I'd rather not.

2) Though it makes no difference, I've always been bothered by the 2.5" pipe instead of the 2.25" pipe. Welds are larger, but are clean, no cracks, and have been kept coated in high-temp black to avoid rusting or corroding. No leaks.

Located in St. Charles area of St. Louis (30mi west of St. Louis City on Highway 40).

I'll even swap it over for you here unless you have access to a lift.

Swap time will be around an hour (30 min to take stock system off, 30 min to install this system back on), just as an FYI to anyone who feels like driving or taking a day trip. In the mean time, you can help or just pet my R52.

If you need more pictures or have other questions, feel free to let me know. This is also up for grabs on the Facebook R60 owner's group, etc. First come, first served. Thanks!

Last edited by Theta; 11-19-2012 at 10:33 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 11-19-2012, 01:16 PM
Theta
6th Gear
Sorry, can't ship this, guys. Plus that would be two-way shipping (since it's a trade).

Old 11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Theta
6th Gear
SOLD! Thanks, all!