Go Back  North American Motoring > 1st Generation MINIs > Modifications > Drivetrain (Cooper S)
Link ECU G4+ MINI Cooper Stand Alone ECU (thread) >

Link ECU G4+ MINI Cooper Stand Alone ECU (thread)

Drivetrain (Cooper S) MINI Cooper S (R53) intakes, exhausts, pulleys, headers, throttle bodies, and any other modifications to the Cooper S drivetrain.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Link ECU G4+ MINI Cooper Stand Alone ECU (thread)

Old 06-13-2019, 05:54 AM
narvarr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JKo View Post
I think R53 fuel lines are ethanol compatible. I've been driving mine on E85 for over six years and 120.000km so they probably would have failed already if they weren't.
By "compatible" I mean large enough to provide the fuel delivery needs for this kits purpose.

Also there has been mixed reports out there about degradation of fuel system components after switching to E85 for long periods of time. Keep an eye on the braided fuel line that goes to the fuel rail.

Old 06-13-2019, 06:34 AM
narvarr
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by brusk View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but even using a mix of 85 Octane gas and 110 Octane Ethanol an E51 Mix would have an octane mix of 97.5 to 98. At least according to the E calculators.
http://blog.innovatemotorsports.com/...-your-tune-up/

I've talked to several tuners and shops about E85 and they all basically say the same thing about ethenol content below 65%. The octane rating over here just isn't where it needs to be to run a full dedicated E85 tune on it. Best to have a safeguard in place then to take chances on what it's supposed to be.