SMF (Street Modified FWD) Roll Call for New England

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2003, 12:16 PM
Bisch
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How many folks here in New England are going "***** to the wall" SM class. Where are you, what do you have, and where will you run this year?

Old 12-30-2003, 12:23 PM
JR9907
1st Gear
I give up what is a "***** to the wall" SM class?

Old 12-30-2003, 12:47 PM
JR9907
1st Gear
Never mind I just answered my own question.Must be my 6 1/2 hour round trrip to Queens NY and back starting to kick in.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:51 PM
Bisch
6th Gear
Hehe...okay. I bet this new forum thru you off??
but...
Street Modified
Street Modified is a pretty free-for-all class that is a full National class in 2002. For streetable sedans, expands eligible vehicles and modifications above Street Touring, above Steet Prepared, and perhaps even above Prepared category.
All Street Prepared modifications are allowed, plus
Unrestricted modification of engine, drive train, and suspension, and some other modifications, as long as the car uses highway fuels.

Old 12-30-2003, 12:59 PM
MeanGRN
2nd Gear
When all is said and done, I will probably be there !!!

Plan on doing just about everything except nitrous and am not sure about a light flywheel.

Cheers,

JD

Old 01-12-2004, 10:42 AM
Storer
5th Gear
If I'm able to get out to the track this coming spring/summer, I'm in. Right now only have an intake, 15% reduction pulley and short shifta'. Probably get killed, but what the hell do I care?

"What the hell are you doing? I just bought that f'in car last week! I'll kill your f'in car!" -The Big Lebowski

Old 01-12-2004, 10:46 AM
Storer
5th Gear
>>MCS, with some stuff. Stuff. Just stuff, alright!

Bisch, your sig reminds me of another Big Lebowski quote...

Police officer: "And what was in the briefcase?"

The Dude: "Just some papers, papers, uh, papers, business papers... My rug was also stollen."

PO: "The rug was in your car?"

TD: "No... here..."

PO: "Oh! Seperate incident?"
I love that movie!

-Storer
...forever deranged

Old 02-04-2004, 12:02 PM
ubercooper
3rd Gear
Count me in, I can't see not having the pulley everday for the 5 minutes (maybe) of actual auto-x I will be doing per event. So what if I do not win, just so long as I am the fastest Cooper s out there, I am the best, lol.

Seriously, serious auto-x is way way way way way to political. I am there to have fun, and become a better driver, a beat WRX's (my nemesis). The sccnh has some event they do with the white mountain CCA and they are a blast. The classing is, interesting, the people are great and I have never, ever heard of a protest. The "no whining" rule is the biggest one they enforce.

Uber

Old 02-04-2004, 09:19 PM
BGarfield
4th Gear
Uber, could you please clarify "Political".
I spend a lot of my time on Solo II, but it's because I have so much fun.
If it's simply the rules that bother you, then you don't have to follow them.
Kinda like golf, take a mulligan.

Bisch, careful on your explaination. Street Modified does not allow just anything. It must "bolt on". Engine changes are allowed, but must be the same manufacturer.
Finally, Prepared is very different. Here's some major differences:
Prepared allows stripping of the interior, tube frame chassis, lexan windows, subframe chassis crossbraces (a popular mod for Mustangs), and the body must simply "resemble" the original.

Brian

Old 02-16-2004, 08:09 AM
ubercooper
3rd Gear
political:
I put a 15% pulley, theoretically, on my 1.6l car gain 15 hp and am suddenly placed in a class with other cars that get 50-100 hp gains from easier mods.
Why can't they look at my displacement and realize I am still way down on power from the STX killer WRX and STi's? A pulley'd S is the ideal car for the STX class. I thought the intent was to get the "street moders" into the SCCA so people could run their cars without the need for slicks. STX has the potential to be a huge class the brings people into the sport.
SM is for the big boys. The classing should reflect the current market conditions. As long as I have the stock blower device (turbo or supercharger) why not let me run it as a bolt on? For the turbo charged guys, let them run whatever they want so long as they do not change the turbo itself. We will still all be dealing with the same adiabatic efficiency issues of the stock units. Nice level playing field, great entry level point for SCCA to get us into the SM class when we go "***** to the walls".
When I see the street prepared camaros getting more hp from intake/exhaust changes than I get from modifying my boost, I just do not get it.
I think NASA has the right idea, count the number of mods and class you based on that.
I am not looking for them the change the rules to give the S a big advantage, just let us run with what we have on the street. ie Street Touring

Ubercooper