Rocky Mountain Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho

Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:50 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...

We want to welcome all new NAM members to Rocky Mountain Motoring. We would like to know who you are and a little bit about you, so please post in this Forum. Please only share information your are comfortable sharing, but the things we like to know are:
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
  • What options did you get on your MINI?
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
  • and more.
Please give us the opportunity to welcome you to Motoring in the Rockies and the MINI5280 and Colorado Motoring Community. Also, please be sure to find our Events Calendar right here in NAM. Click on Calendar in the left margin, then scroll down and JUMP to the MINI5280 Calendar. You are there.

Thanks, and Welcome to MINI Motoring!!

Jonathan Souza, President@MINI5280.org
Rick Gonzales, Membership@MINI5280.org
Nick Ko, Treasurer@MINI5280.org
Kendall Gelner, Secretary@MINI5280.org

JPS

Old 08-17-2005, 04:51 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
How about Stella Mini?

are you out there? Tell us about your new MINI....

JPS

Old 11-24-2005, 09:05 PM
purplefreak60
3rd Gear
New Mini

Looks like there haven't been many posts here, so I thought I could see if I could jump start it!

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 11/02/05

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Spike

WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Purple Haze, White Roof,mirrors, stripes and rims

What options did you get on your MINI? Premium, Sports & Convenience

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? After factory Window Tinting and MP3 Aux by dealer

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New at Ralph Schomp

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I think they are cute and fun to drive. AND any car that comes in PURPLE can't be bad!

WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Greater Boulder (Lafayette, Louisville, Broomfield, Boulder & Longmont)

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Mountain rides, weekend events

WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? keep the information coming :smile:

Happy Motoring!

-Lynn

Old 11-25-2005, 05:09 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome, Lynn and Spike

Pls be sure to join us for our upcoming events:

• Annual Holiday Party Dec 11th
  • Charity Gift Run to Children's Hospital Dec 18th
  • and more. See the MINI5280 Calendar right here in NAM
As soon as I get back, I will sched some other events...including Breakfast GTG's at the Breakfast King, which we do often in the winter time...

JPS

Old 05-09-2007, 05:19 PM
johned206
2nd Gear
new guy

I ordered my R56S back in January at Ralph Schomp and it arrived in mid-April. It's pepper white with a black top. I've never named a car and I'm not gonna start with this one. I was drawn to the mini by it's looks and the fact that it looked like so much fun. I started reading up on it and got even more interested. My birthday was in December and my wife suprised me with an offer to sell a ring that her grandmother had left her and use the money to buy a Mini. I was floored, but I recovered quite well. I didn't get a lot of options...the basic S was plenty for me. I did, however, get the winter package which is essential for up in the mountains on the western slope where I hail from. I'm not much of a joiner, but I have enjoyed and been informed by this forum. I'll keep checking in!

Last edited by johned206; 05-10-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
coopermaniac
2nd Gear
hello i just wanna ask how long after u bought your mini that u received a package from miniusa? i just received mine yesterday. i bought my mini last march. i also wanna ask where are u supposed to use the 3d eyeglass???

Old 05-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Shellbell
5th Gear
WELCOME!!!!!!
I'm not sure if you've checked out our club
MINI5280.org
It will keep you updated on events happening around Colorado & else where!
[/B][/I][/B]

Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
miniconcarne
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New poster.

• I finaly decided it was time to start posting! Been a member since Aug.of '06. Will add more pics in my gallery soon!
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 06-25-06
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? not named
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? DS/B
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Dual sun-roofs , heated seats ,auto-climate controll came with it.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes. I've powder coated the r84 wheels dark silver, painted my sidemarker lights smoke,black "S" badges, K&N air filter,custom stubby antena, custom 9 ball shift ****, asymetrical (driver side) black bonnet/boot stripe. Soon to add Dinan S1.
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used, 2003 S
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Drove my Dad's '04 S and had to have one!
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Northeast Colorado Springs and in Falcon area
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Weekend events, mountain rides, tech talk
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Keep me informed of local events.
  • and more.

Old 07-05-2007, 05:35 PM
STL
Neutral
GP1063

Hi, GP 1063. Live in Darby, Montana. Use Mini to commute to SoCal. Not many up here. Never seen another GP. Some S's in Hamilton and Missoula. Understand some Mini's in Bozeman area. Wondering if you have affiliated with or have a list of owners in MT. A long way from everything up here and winter travel is a little hard on the car but would participate if my schedule allows. STL

Old 07-05-2007, 05:47 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome STL!

There are indeed some other MT MINIs that post here in NAM. There is no longer a club that I know of, and www.bigskyminis.com is defunct. Perhaps a good time to resurrect a group we can be friends with.

Check this thread for other MT motorers....hope to see you in CO for MITM2 MINIs in the Mountains.

Jonathan

JPS

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...hlight=montana

Originally Posted by STL
Hi, GP 1063. Live in Darby, Montana. Use Mini to commute to SoCal. Not many up here. Never seen another GP. Some S's in Hamilton and Missoula. Understand some Mini's in Bozeman area. Wondering if you have affiliated with or have a list of owners in MT. A long way from everything up here and winter travel is a little hard on the car but would participate if my schedule allows. STL

Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
GoneGoose
Neutral
noobie

We got our Mini 0n 6/02/07 hyper blue MC "Blurr"
I know one of the 5280 club members lives on the corner on my block in Westminster cause thats where I found the website, from your decal!! we just havent caught you at home yet..

(heh heh sounds kinda ominous and wierd ehh?? )

Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Goose!

You are just in time...the fall MINI5280 schedule has just been posted. Please go to www.MINI5280.org to join - it is cheap - and we will keep you fully informed. Also see the MINI5280 calendar right here in NAM...click CALENDAR in the left margin, scroll down, JUMP to MINI5280, you are there.

See you soon.

Jonathan Souza

Hello MINI5280 Members and Friends,

The second annual MINIs in the Mountains was a resounding success! If you were there, you already know how fun it was for everybody. If you missed it, find out all about it (including photos) on various MITM forums on NorthAmericanMotoring.com (NAM). If you volunteered your time for this event, a special, thank you very much! We couldn't have done it without you.

Here's a summary of upcoming events, some sponsored by MINI5280, others listed as a courtesy to other organizations. As usual, check the MINI5280 Event Calendar on NAM (instructions on www.MINI5280.org) and the listed websites often (subscribe) for a more comprehensive event listing and complete details:

Aug 18, 8:30 AM -- Post MITM Breakfast Get Together at The Egg and I, 560 S Holly St, Denver 80246

Sept 4, 7:00 PM -- Minis of the Rockies (MOTR) monthly meeting at Pint's Pub (downtown Denver). See www.MinisRock.com

Sept 11, 7:00 PM -- MINI5280 Monthly Meeting. Location TBD. Suggestions?

Sept 18-19 -- Colorado English Motoring Conclave. Saturday Ride The Rockies Tour, Sunday show at Oak Park in Arvada. See www.TheColoradoConclave.com . MINI5280 will be there. Drive and show your MINI!

Sept 22 -- Rocky Mountain Chapter, BMW Car Club of America (http://rmcbmwcca.org) Autocross Point Series Event #4. Coors Field, East Parking Lot B. Spectators welcome, subject to safety rules.

Sept 29 -- 12th Everoil Spot Rallye, Longmont, CO. Reservation Reqd. Sponsored by the British Motoring Club of Northern Colorado (BMCNC): http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/bmcnc

Oct 20-21 -- Run 4 The Corners. New Mexico MINIs and MINI5280 joint event, hoping to attract MINIs from the corners: UT, CO, NM and AZ). Overnight in Cortez, Colo.

MINIs Under The Arches (MUTA), sponsored by MINI Motoring Club of Utah (http://MINIUtah.com), HAS BEEN RESHEDULED from Sept 27-30 to October 25-28, 2007, still in Moab, UT. See NAM Forums > National Events > Minis Under The Arches for more information

Please let me know if you'd like to add something to our event calendar. Ideas, suggestions, etc.? Let us know!

Your MINI5280 officers,
Rick Gonzales, President (Info@MINI5280.org)
Andy Autobee, Vice President
Nick Ko, Treasurer
Kendall Gelner, Secretary

Old 11-02-2007, 03:08 PM
Janet
1st Gear
Hi! I'm new here....

I'm located in northwest Denver in Arvada. My MCS isn't here yet, but when she is I'll be sure to share some pictures!!!

Janet

Old 11-05-2007, 05:17 AM
naffets
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Janet
Hi! I'm new here....

I'm located in northwest Denver in Arvada. My MCS isn't here yet, but when she is I'll be sure to share some pictures!!!

Janet

Welcome and congrats!!!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:34 PM
Miah34
3rd Gear
HOWDY EVERYONE!! I'm actually a Eastern Iowa MINI driver, but we're on our way to California, unfortunately not in my MINI (in my girlfriends parents '05 Ford Taurus). As we went through the Rockeys we counted 4 Fellow MINI drivers and waved enthusiastically to no avail. Just thought I'd say hi, and motor on!!

Old 10-19-2008, 06:10 PM
meggie
Neutral
Hi. I'm Meg, I just moved back to Colorado from Miami and wanted to introduce myself.
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 10/31/2007
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? cooper
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Green
What options did you get on your MINI? sunroof and whatever came with it.
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? no
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Ig to my Mini new in Miami
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? all along I-25 from C. Springs to Denver
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) any

Old 05-19-2009, 01:42 PM
B.O.B.
2nd Gear

Last edited by B.O.B.; 12-03-2009 at 12:16 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:32 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
Everyone is invited

to our Annual 'Meet me on Mt. Evans' run, this Friday, May 22nd, 2009.

Meetup at the McDonalds, I-70 at Evergreen Parkway, at 7 am. Then to Mt. Evans for a group shot, then to Idaho Springs for lunch, then home.

Please join us. You can sign up (not required) in the MINI5280 Calendar right here in NAM if you like.

Or PM me if you need more information.

See you Friday!

Jonathan

Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 AM
issaacrumel01
Neutral
My New Mini

Great site. Glad to have found this right as I purchased my new MCS.
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Last week (6/5)
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Still thinking on that one
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Chili Red with Black roof and bonnet stripes
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Cold weather, sport, and sunroof,etc..
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes, looking to add black jacks to the mirrors and driving lights to the front
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New, Ralph Shomp in Littleton
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Scratching the 8 year itch since the redesign.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Broomfield area
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Track days would be interesting as well as mountain rides.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Just glad to share experiences with other mini owners.......if they are like me they drive around with a big smile on their face.
  • and more.

Old 06-09-2009, 07:32 PM
jsouz
6th Gear
Welcome Isaac!

Please be sure to see our site for our August MINI national event....Go to
www.MINIsintheMountains.com or PM me here for more information.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Originally Posted by issaacrumel01
Great site. Glad to have found this right as I purchased my new MCS.
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Last week (6/5)
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Still thinking on that one
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Chili Red with Black roof and bonnet stripes
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Cold weather, sport, and sunroof,etc..
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes, looking to add black jacks to the mirrors and driving lights to the front
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? New, Ralph Shomp in Littleton
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Scratching the 8 year itch since the redesign.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Broomfield area
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Track days would be interesting as well as mountain rides.
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Just glad to share experiences with other mini owners.......if they are like me they drive around with a big smile on their face.
  • and more.

Old 06-10-2009, 08:39 AM
issaacrumel01
Neutral
Thanks! I'll check it out.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:25 AM
STL_ZONIE
1st Gear
To answer a few general questions....
  • I got my mini this past christmas
  • my mini is white with a red roof
  • slow restoration is what the plan is
  • my mini is used
  • i got my mini to have some fun
  • colorado springs
I have a 72RHD imported by someone else from england. Scooped it up in Ohio, brought it out here from St. Louis where I was living. Next major project is going to be the suspension and wheels. Most recent project was a new dash. I am looking for a 52mm round clock.. its gotta be fancy!

Attached Thumbnails Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...-new-dash.jpg   Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...-72-and-me.jpg  
Old 06-27-2009, 11:33 AM
jsouz
6th Gear
That looks like a nice ride...

Now that you have found MINI5280 www.MINI5280.org you also need to be in touch with our brethren at MOTR www.Minisrock.com which is the classic Mini club here in Colorado. MOTR meets on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 pm at Pint's Pub near downtown Denver. Details online.

Also, please plan to bring your ride to www.MINIsintheMountains.com and to enter the Car Show on Saturday, August 8th at this event, being held at Copper Mountain Resort.

Want more info? Contact us at MITM@MINI5280.org or find our forums in the National Events section of NAM, right here.

Welcome.

Jonathan

Originally Posted by STL_ZONIE
To answer a few general questions....
  • I got my mini this past christmas
  • my mini is white with a red roof
  • slow restoration is what the plan is
  • my mini is used
  • i got my mini to have some fun
  • colorado springs
I have a 72RHD imported by someone else from england. Scooped it up in Ohio, brought it out here from St. Louis where I was living. Next major project is going to be the suspension and wheels. Most recent project was a new dash. I am looking for a 52mm round clock.. its gotta be fancy!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:34 PM
bmacneal
1st Gear
new mini in fort collins

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 22 oct 2010
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? mini
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
  • What options did you get on your MINI?
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you?
  • and more.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:40 PM
bmacneal
1st Gear
new mini s in fort collins

• WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 22 oct 2010
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? minnie
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? electric blue - black top/stripes
  • What options did you get on your MINI? sunroof, all the "s" stuff, brakes, 18" wheels, yadda yadda
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? yup
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? private guy - it's a 2005
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? always wanted one
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? all over
  • WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) day runs, get-togethers
  • WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? keep the info coming
thanks,

bob

Quick Reply: Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...