Rocky Mountain Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho

Welcome new MINI Motorers! Please post here...

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Doric
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? 27 November, 2010.
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? I've never consciously named my cars, aside from my Blue Car - which isn't a terribly interesting name, if I'm being honest. I think the MINI will just be "The MINI."
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? British Racing Green with black stripes.
  • What options did you get on your MINI? I'll have to review the window sticker, but one thing I'm definitely missing is cruise control. Fell in love with the rest of the car, but dang it - control my own throttle consistently? Really?
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? I think so. I can't leave anything alone.
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used, from Alpine Buick/GMC in Littleton.
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? My wife and I were looking for a blend of performance and economy. We've always liked the MINI pretty casually. Drove one, loved it, had to have it.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? I live in Strasburg, but work in Denver.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:53 PM
DaKirb
1st Gear
  • WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? April 7, 2012.
  • WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? My daughter named it Pepper since it is Pepper White.
  • WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Pepper white with black stripes and black roof.
  • What options did you get on your MINI? Bluetooth, auto climate control, panoramic sunroof.
  • WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Maybe plasti-dipping the "chrome" but nothing too big.
  • WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used, from Firehouse Auto in Springville, UT
  • WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? I wanted a fun car to drive and I've always liked the way Minis look. I test drove one and the obsession started.
  • WHAT part of town will you be seen in? I live in Saratoga Springs but work in Salt Lake City.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:28 PM
Minnie'sMINI
Neutral
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Next week! It bought it last week but it's being shipped to me
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Well, It's name is Minnie, not very original but I felt like it was a good name for her
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Ice blue and white
What options did you get on your MINI? None, Nothing fancy,
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Nope, bought exactly what I want
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Mini of Murray, brand new!
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Because I can!
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Utah

Old 08-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Aelwulf
3rd Gear
Not sure if this group is still active, hoping there's still one for the Springs/CO area.

In case it is:
WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? End of July 2014
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? Corsair
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? British Racing Green w/black roof
What options did you get on your MINI? fJCW with driving lights
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Yes
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used at Mike Shaw in the Springs
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Been looking at them for a while, found a decent used one at an alright price when looking for a car to use when not riding the motorcycle
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? Mostly along Powers, but could be anywhere
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) It depends, mostly family-friendly ones. Might be light on attendance until the youngest gets a bit older.
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Looking to keep posted on routes, events, and any news of interest.

Old 08-23-2014, 12:09 PM
CaitOh
Neutral
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New(ish) to the Colorado MINI family!

Hey everyone! I moved to Colorado in March of 2013 and Loveland in April of 2013. Recently started looking into fun ways to get out and about and explore Colorado and thought getting involved more with MINIacs like YOU would be a fun way to do it!

So here are the answers to the requested intro questions about my MINI and I!

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)?
I got my 2012 Cooper S Hardtop in September of 2011. Special ordered one of the first '12s off the line in Oxford!

WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name?
"Coopah," because, well, we're originally from Boston, kid!

WHAT color or colors is your MINI?
Spice orange with black racing stripes, roof, mirror caps, and headlight housings.

What options did you get on your MINI?
6-speed manual transmission, Cold Weather Package, Sport Package, Technology Package w/ Navigation... etc.

WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini?
Yes! Cold air intake, tuner chip, catback exhaust system... and more!

WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used?
I bought my MINI new at MINI of Peabody in Peabody, Massachusetts, but I'm a member of the MINI of Loveland family now, and haven't looked back since!

WHY did you get a MINI or Mini?
I became a MINIac back when I lived in Ireland during high school. It was only a matter of time!

WHAT part of town will you be seen in?
Loveland, mostly around the Centerra area. I'm on I-25 a lot, too, mostly between Thornton and Fort Collins!

WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.)
Food! Beer! Mountains! Track days?! I'm down!

Hope to see you all motoin' around!

Old 02-25-2015, 02:55 PM
deewrightrally
Neutral
Ourally Car Rally/Tour Oct 2015

Ourally is a tour/rally starting in Glenwood Springs on Oct 4, 2015 and then driving to Ouray, Co the hub for the tour finishing up Oct 8.
Drivers will cover 5 of Coloraod's most scenic byways over 7 mountain passes.
We are limiting the number to 50 cars with two people per car.
Registration is $500 the proceeds of which will go to the renovation of the Wright Opera House in Ouray.
See our website www.ourally.co and www.wrightoperahouse.org

Old 10-09-2015, 09:11 AM
minME
1st Gear
motoring in No CO

WHEN did you get your MINI (or Mini)? Birthday 2013
WHAT is your MINI or Mini's name? ?hmmm
WHAT color or colors is your MINI? Gray, white top
What options did you get on your MINI? just starting making it mine!!!!
WILL you be doing modifications to your MINI or Mini? Try
WHERE did you get your MINI or Mini? New? Used? Used private seller
WHY did you get a MINI or Mini? Been looking at them for a while, found a decent used one at an alright price when looking for a car
WHAT part of town will you be seen in? No CO
WHAT types of events would you likely be involved in? (choices are things like weeknight events, food rides, mountain rides, autocross, track days, weekend events, food only, tech talks, etc. Feel free to make up your own.) Looking into events i guess...MITM?
WHAT can MINI5280 do for you? Looking to keep posted on routes, events, and any news of interest.

Old 10-16-2015, 11:37 PM
Deej Ledingham
Neutral
Denver 04 mini owner

I'm new to this website, but it looks like something I'm really interested in. I want to get to know other people that have the same interest in minis like me. Also to keep me updated on events that are going on in Colorado and surrounding states.