Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts Serving the Northern Bay Area, including Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake Counties; and the greater Sacramento Valley. Visit our club site at www.redwoodempiremini.com

REME Giants Day at SBC (Pac Bell) Park

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2006, 10:57 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REME Giants Day at SBC (Pac Bell) Park

Hello All,

Date: July 23 2006 Sunday Giants vs. San Diego Padres 1:05PM

From the response we got at yesterdays Pt. Reyes run, It looks like we will get enough to meet the minimum of 25 people for the Giants game at SBC park. I want to be sure we try to get all of us seated together, if possible. I will book and pay for 25 tickets as long as I know that people want them and will pay me back. No markup, just what ever they charge. It looks as though the Lower Box (Right Field) is the most desired and those tickets run $34 ea. This is one of the more popular areas of the park so these seats go fairly fast. If there is any “heartburn” with buying the more expensive seats, please let me know now. If that’s more than you want to spend, then I can see if we can get the other seating, but this will breakup the group.

Remember that we will either take the Ferry from Larkspur which costs extra, or you will need to park at SBC which runs about $20/car. The Ferry parking is free and there is usually ample parking on the weekends, and I have found it to be safe leaving your car there. Also it is a Giants/SBC Ferry boat that goes directly to SBC and back. It carries only those going to and from Larkspur and the Park. You can bring a bag lunch to the park and on the boat, just no Alcohol. The Ferry boat will probably leave Larkspur about 11:30AM and you should be there 45 minutes before departure. So figure on being in Larkspur at 10:30. The ferry leaves the park about 30 minutes after the last out. I think the return tickets can be used on the standard ferry (SF Ferry Building/Larkspur) so those that wish to stay a little later in the city can so and still ride back on the regular ferry. Make sure you check their schedules if you decide to do this. You don’t want to miss the last boat back to Marin.

More info is posted on the REME site under REME events

Please let me know ASAP as I need to get this back to them on Monday.

Thanks,

Norman & Jessica Nelson
Pooper

Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Giants SBC Park July 23

Well I got 35 tickets yesterday and by last night we had 36 people going. I called back to the Giants and got our group increased to 45, so as of today we have some tickets.

If you want to go and have not signed up or emailed me, let me know ASAP.

Go Giants!!!

Thanks,

Old 02-28-2006, 09:47 AM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
Additional Tickets are still available.

We still have some additional Giants tickets available. Post your request here or email / pm Norm directly with your request.

Old 03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
singkat
1st Gear
Count me in.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:54 PM
zied
Go to the REME MegaBBS and PM or email Norm. He will coordinate with you re: giants tickets. see: http://www.redwoodempiremini.com/mbb...egory-view.asp (you may have to sign up on the BBS).

Visit our web page for additional club information.

Old 07-06-2006, 07:27 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Just a reminder for those going to the REME MINI Day @ AT&T Park, if you are going to join us on the Golder Gate Larkspur ferry, you should buy your ferry tickets now.

The ferry will leave Larkspur at 11:15AM on SUnday July 23, 2006 and you should be at the terminal at 10:30AM to board.

For details check the REME website under events, and click on the Giants Game.

I do have a few tickets left if you want to join in. We will have a "party" of 45.

Go Giants!!!!!

Old 07-06-2006, 10:18 AM
weavee g
Coordinator :: Sierra Nevada Mini Coopers Club Forum
Norm, i ordered my ferry tickets, i did a will call for both directions. Have you done a will call before at larkspur and ATT? glenn

Old 07-06-2006, 10:32 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Glenn,

No I have never done a "will-call" for the ferry tickets. I usually buy them at Raley's grocery store. They have a ticket outlet inside.

I don't see a problem using "will-call". I may be going the a Giants game on the 15th and I will ask how the "will-call" works. I'll let you know.

Old 07-06-2006, 01:55 PM
weavee g
Thanks Norm, the cost to ship the tickets was more than i was willing to pay, FEDEX 3 day 24 plus dollars. glenn.. also the order had to be one direction then another purchase for the other direction shipping would be separate on each purchase.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
WOW!!!! I'll check it out.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
Glenn,

There is a "will-call" window at Larkspur ferry terminal. You should get there before 10:30AM. Have your drivers license (ID). You can pick up both tickets (there and back) at that time.

This looks like the cheapest and quickest way for anyone coming a distance.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
weavee g
Thanks again Norm, i was hoping i would be able to pick up both tickets in Larkspur. glenn

Old 07-06-2006, 05:16 PM
weavee g
One final post about the ferry tickets. I would then advise ALL who cannot get tickets in person to DO a purchase and pick up by WILL CALL, that will save you a few dollars... Glenn in Tahoe

Old 07-09-2006, 09:37 AM
mini pooper
6th Gear
As of today, there are 6 tickets available for the Giants/Padres game on Sunday July 23. We have a group of 45 seats. Please let me know if you want to go. The tickets are $38 ea. Section 132 Lower Box Rows 29-32, this is the third base side.

Be sure to bring your camera. There will be a "SF Giants Welcomes - Redwood Empire Mini Coopers" displayed on the scoreboard after the end of the 3rd inning. You gotta get a picture of that!!!!!

Please email me @ norm@redwoodempiremini.com if you want tickets.

Old 07-18-2006, 04:03 PM
zied
All of the extra tickets we had have been sold but the Giants Management has just offered another 10 tickets to REME for the game. Unfortunately we have to reserve them by tomorrow afternoon. If you are interested in joining REME members at the ball game on Sunday, please email or PM Norm tonight so that he can reserve the tickets tomorrow.

Old 07-23-2006, 09:14 PM
zied
Wow!!! What a great day at the park and a great game, even though the Giants lost in the 12th...

Thanks Norm for putting this all together!

Old 07-24-2006, 02:12 PM
mini pooper
6th Gear
It was a great game, hot day, and a lot of fun (too bad the Giants lost), but it was hard faught and extra innings. Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts were joined by a bunch of family and friends including those from Sierra Nevada Mini Club, Nor Cal MINIs, MOASF, Maverick Minis, and I am sure other groups. We had people travel from as far away as Lake Tahoe and Redding to join in. We had 50 screaming fans in section 132 (most all in the shade!!). Many enjoyed the Golden Gate Ferry ride from Larkspur to AT&T park.

Thanks to all for making this such a great outing. From all the reports, it sounds like everyone would love a repeat trip to AT&T park.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:06 PM
weavee g
I did enjoy the Bay Area, the Giant's Rock. Maybe another game before the end of Season is in order. Extra innings, Great food, Mini fans.. Thanks Norm and REME.. Glenn in Tahoe

Old 07-25-2006, 10:14 AM
trico
6th Gear
Pizza!!!!! Piazza!!!! Water Bottles, Fans, dogs and cha-cha, Fantastic!!!!!

Thanks N&J!!!!! (burp!!)