Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts Serving the Northern Bay Area, including Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Mendocino, and Lake Counties; and the greater Sacramento Valley. Visit our club site at www.redwoodempiremini.com

REME member makes the NY Times

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 07:54 PM
zied
Coordinator :: Redwood Empire Mini Enthusiasts
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
REME member makes the NY Times

Here is the printed article in the Sunday, June 12 edition of the New York Times - pdf files attached.

Attachments removed
---------------------
sorry, you'll have to read it at the library

Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 PM
zied
Today Janet got an email message from a CT reader:

Hi Janet,
I planned to send a card to you after seeing your picture in the NYTimes on June 12. I am 84 years old and a month ago I received my Mini. I waited five weeks for it and followed it's progress on my i-Mac. I have had many new cars during my long lifetime but must admit this Mini is the most fun.
I haven't seen too many on the roads here in my section of Connecticut
until recently. Now, they are popping up all over the place.

My Mini is Pepper White with a black top & side mirrors. The inside is black leather. It gets lots of attention whenever I'm riding around. It's not the
convertible but has the sun roof. With both windows open and the sr open, it's as good as one.

I received delivery on a Friday and two days later I invited a friend to go along and drove out to the north west part of Ct. There it is very hilly and simply beautiful country. I was anxious to see if the car would really perform as promised. I do have the Mini S.

It outdoes itself, I'm happy to say! As you can guess, I'm not your typical old gal. I do zoom around in my $27,000. toy and try to get out every day. I do not drive on our crazy highways but we have lovely long stretches of back roads which allow me to drive 60 or 65 whenever.

Such fun!
So, fellow Mini friend, enjoy! By the way, I thought I might find your address on the internet so I could send a card. That's how I found your email address.

Take care & happy zooming!
Alice

Old 06-27-2005, 08:02 PM
MINIclo
7th Gear Gal
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hurray for Janet! Nice mention...and thanks for posting this, zied!

edit: OMG, zied....that message from the gal in CT is priceless.....what a role-model!

Clover

Old 06-27-2005, 08:07 PM
mielnicki
6th Gear
Originally Posted by zied
Here is the printed article in the Sunday, June 12 edition of the New York Times - pdf files attached.
You should post a link to the online article. By posting a zip of the article in PDF form, you are breaking copyright law. It could open this site up to legal action.

Just an FYI.

Good article though.

Steve

Good point Steve. The online article does not include all of the photographs though... just photos of 2 gals in a Mercedes. (the pdf files are removed, people can read it at the library)

Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
zied
REME now makes another paper... the Mount Shasta Herald and a local Redding TV newscast too.