R61 :: Paceman Talk R61 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R61 JCW Paceman

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 10:16 AM
cWade
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JCW Paceman

I'm considering looking at a 2014 JCW Paceman. I've had MINI hardtops before but haven't been in a Paceman. Anybody make the switch? regrets/thoughts?

Thank You

Old 12-30-2016, 11:32 AM
JustinGTP
5th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Heya! I have a loaded 13 JCW and I love it! It's more if you need the rear doors or not - lots of people answer that question 'yes' so they get the countryman. However, being a single guy with two dogs, I don't need 4 doors and I prefer the sloped roof and fun styling of the paceman over the countryman.

Love the awd, love the manual, love the 208hp engine. I went from an R53 Cooper S to a 4 Door BMW e90 335i (still have it) and then I picked up this Paceman. I love the feel, takes me right back to the cooper s R53, but just feels bigger obviously. You won't regret it! Take it for a drive!

Old 12-30-2016, 01:32 PM
cWade
3rd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thank You for the reply.
I do not need or want rear doors. It seems in photos & specs to be much larger than previous hardtops, thought it might change the driving experience.
Good to know it's still lively.

Thanks Again

Old 01-02-2017, 05:58 PM
GVFlyer
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a Honda S2000 and a BMW M3 ZCP DCT, but what I get my compliments on is my Mini Paceman Coopers All4.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:21 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You should get your ECU re-mapped. That 208 Hp will be in the rearview mirror. Best thing I ever did. Crazy fast.

Old 02-24-2017, 08:03 PM
97nicolaus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Markbett
You should get your ECU re-mapped. That 208 Hp will be in the rearview mirror. Best thing I ever did. Crazy fast.
I saw on your threads that your Paceman is on stage 2? Do you experience any engine-related problems? What are your mods?

Old 02-25-2017, 02:58 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
No issues!! Make sure you use the hotter plugs, the engine will run a little hotter than normal, but I've been running it since last summer and I haven't had any problems. Putting the new plugs in is a real pain in the ***. You'll need to buy 2 special slim sockets, a 6 point & a 12 point, to get down in the hole. I can't remember which is standard but the new plugs and the old plugs are different and the same socket won't work on both. The only other things I've done to date was to delete one of my cat's (much better sound from the exhaust) and add the torque insert.

If you get the tune, when you first drive it, you'll be giggling like a school girl.

Old 02-25-2017, 03:02 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
I forgot to add that I have a JCW so my experience might be a little different than your's if you have a different model.

Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 AM
97nicolaus
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Markbett
No issues!! Make sure you use the hotter plugs, the engine will run a little hotter than normal, but I've been running it since last summer and I haven't had any problems. Putting the new plugs in is a real pain in the ***. You'll need to buy 2 special slim sockets, a 6 point & a 12 point, to get down in the hole. I can't remember which is standard but the new plugs and the old plugs are different and the same socket won't work on both. The only other things I've done to date was to delete one of my cat's (much better sound from the exhaust) and add the torque insert. If you get the tune, when you first drive it, you'll be giggling like a school girl.
I just want to clarify things up here, because I really want to get Manic's stage 2 tune approx next month. Are you saying that just the colder spark plugs & deleting the cat would be enough for the car to run on the stage 2 tune without any problem? Was the cat that you delete the 2nd one from the primary downpipe?

Old 03-09-2017, 02:35 AM
Markbett
2nd Gear
deleting the exhaust is not necessary for the Manic Tune. I just preferred a little more sound than what the car had and was apprehensive on spending almost $1,000 on something that I may or may not like. For me, it was a cheaper experiment because if I didn't like it, I could put it all back together. Manic will send you the new plugs with the Tune.