R60/R61 Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for R60 AND R61 MINI Cooper and Cooper S MINIs.

Dashboard Warning Light Interpretation 2011 Countryman S (R60)

Old 02-18-2018, 05:05 PM
jochummf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dashboard Warning Light Interpretation 2011 Countryman S (R60)

Hello all

I need some help with interpreting the dashboard indicator messages on my 2011 Countryman S. I am having trouble figuring out if all the warning lights are related to my neglect of changing the brake fluid (which I will be doing soon), or if i have another issue that needs to be addressed.

First of all, the message I get when I start the car is a red "SERVICE" message. It goes away after a couple seconds and no further message is displayed. This is shown in the first picture.

The second and third images are taken in the mode that you use when resetting your service lights (that is, when you turn on the ignition without starting the car, hold the trip odometer button until the service items come up on the display, then scroll through the options with the button on the turn signal).

I had incorrectly thought that for the last 6,000 miles, I had forgotten to reset my oil change light after my last oil change so I more or less was ignoring it. I did know that it is time to change the brake fluid, I've just been putting it off until I had a garage to work in.

Can someone please help me understand what my car is telling me? By the way, it's got about 63,000 miles on it. Thanks in advance!

Old 02-21-2018, 02:20 PM
siriuszero
6th Gear
Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
First one is the scheduled vehicle check/inspection and the second one is your brake fluid - both red because they're overdue.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:02 PM
jochummf
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by siriuszero
First one is the scheduled vehicle check/inspection and the second one is your brake fluid - both red because they're overdue.
Easy enough, thanks!