North American Motoring

North American Motoring (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/)
-   R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015-355/)
-   -   R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY? (https://www.northamericanmotoring.com/forums/r60-countryman-talk-2010-2015/232005-what-did-you-do-to-your-countryman-today.html)

Sidewalker 07-20-2013 02:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Plastidip round one. May need to redo it, learned what to do and what not to do when I move on to the rear lights and belt line. Door handles will be tricky too. Anyone have experience with the comfort access buttons and plastidip? Would it just be better to get the covers for the handles?

chanclor 07-21-2013 09:19 PM

I remembered reading on another thread it doesn't stick great to the handles. If you're careful it might last for a while.

https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...87-post13.html

wzabrouski 07-22-2013 07:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Put a set of 12mm BMS spacers on.

pyrrhusmj 07-22-2013 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Sidewalker (Post 3777584)
Plastidip round one. May need to redo it, learned what to do and what not to do when I move on to the rear lights and belt line. Door handles will be tricky too. Anyone have experience with the comfort access buttons and plastidip? Would it just be better to get the covers for the handles?

Vinyl wrap them. If you can't do it, find a local car wrap place or buy the pre-made handles.

pyrrhusmj 07-22-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by wzabrouski (Post 3778941)
Put a set of 12mm BMS spacers on.

They look great. I wish the 15mm would have worked, but the 12's are nice.

ASKtheteach 07-23-2013 04:24 AM

Ordered the "COUNTRYMAN" badging for the boot hatch. I know it's a love it or hate it sort of thing, but I have liked it since it was introduced and it's taken this long for it to become available. Should be here on Thursday, and then I'll install along with white boot stripes to match the ones on the bonnet. I'll also be removing the "Cooper" badging from the back.

pyrrhusmj 07-23-2013 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by ASKtheteach (Post 3779055)
Ordered the "COUNTRYMAN" badging for the boot hatch. I know it's a love it or hate it sort of thing, but I have liked it since it was introduced and it's taken this long for it to become available. Should be here on Thursday, and then I'll install along with white boot stripes to match the ones on the bonnet. I'll also be removing the "Cooper" badging from the back.

I like it myself, but would rather it be black :).

ASKtheteach 07-23-2013 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by pyrrhusmj (Post 3779070)
I like it myself, but would rather it be black :).

You could always Plasti Dip them prior to install.

bguarino 07-24-2013 04:17 PM

Roof Box and Quad Light Install

3 Attachment(s)
The quad lights are the VIP with black magic Hella 500's. These were moderately difficult to install. Highly recommend this blog to help fill in the blanks-http://blog.unknownnet.net/2011/12/i...ng-lights.html

Roof box is the MINI branded one and it fits nicely. Will probably paint the MINI logo red at some point to continue the theme.

EHans 07-28-2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by ASKtheteach (Post 3779090)
You could always Plasti Dip them prior to install.

I had it removed but the dealer gave me the letters. I wouldn't be opposed to using Plastidip on them and then putting it back on, but real tight in one corner, not stretched out across the whole boot. I guess the dealer would have that special tape?

dgator39 07-29-2013 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gave him a bit of a EGO boost. Feeling BIG..

EHans 07-29-2013 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by dgator39 (Post 3783113)
Gave him a bit of a EGO boost. Feeling BIG..

:lol:

scalpel_ninja 07-31-2013 09:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up a hitchhiker today.

ASKtheteach 08-01-2013 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by EHans (Post 3782658)
I had it removed but the dealer gave me the letters. I wouldn't be opposed to using Plastidip on them and then putting it back on, but real tight in one corner, not stretched out across the whole boot. I guess the dealer would have that special tape?

Any auto parts place (AutoZone, Advance, Pep Boys, etc.) will have auto trim tape. It's double-sided and has a red protective film on it. That's what you'll need to use. Costs $8-$10 per roll, which is way more than you'd ever need.

Interestingly, part of my letters came in. It's actually two separate part numbers: "COUNT" and "RYMAN". The "COUNT" part came in and I have it, but the other won't be in until August 9th. I've already paid for it, but may try to get it at another dealer sooner.

EHans 08-01-2013 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by ASKtheteach (Post 3784351)
Any auto parts place (AutoZone, Advance, Pep Boys, etc.) will have auto trim tape. It's double-sided and has a red protective film on it. That's what you'll need to use. Costs $8-$10 per roll, which is way more than you'd ever need.

Interestingly, part of my letters came in. It's actually two separate part numbers: "COUNT" and "RYMAN". The "COUNT" part came in and I have it, but the other won't be in until August 9th. I've already paid for it, but may try to get it at another dealer sooner.

Thanks.

ANd 2 part numbers for that? Dumbest thing I've heard of today, but it is early yet.

rig_pig 08-01-2013 01:55 PM

Took it on the beach for the first time. No camera with me though unfortunately. Lots of vacuuming to do tomorrow now!

FourOhFour 08-01-2013 03:57 PM

Removed the center arm rest. Silly thing just gets in the way. Still need to replace the rubber liner.

Camthewookie 08-01-2013 04:01 PM

Today, I activated my navigation because the dealer didn't have the code at delivery. :lol:

EHans 08-01-2013 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by FourOhFour (Post 3784697)
Removed the center arm rest. Silly thing just gets in the way. Still need to replace the rubber liner.

Really? I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

1bigpea 08-01-2013 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by EHans (Post 3784709)
Really? I love mine.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

+1

I don't know what I would do without one!

FourOhFour 08-02-2013 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by EHans (Post 3784709)
Really? I love mine.

Yup. Between it and the parking brake, there's no convenient spot for the glasses case. Since I use the glasses case, but don't really use the arm rest, out it goes.

That said, maybe in a few weeks I'll decide this was stupid and put it back.

bmwr606 08-02-2013 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by FourOhFour (Post 3784962)
Yup. Between it and the parking brake, there's no convenient spot for the glasses case. Since I use the glasses case, but don't really use the arm rest, out it goes.

i have my glasses case UNDER the armrest ... clear access by tilting the armrest up

scott

EHans 08-02-2013 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by FourOhFour (Post 3784962)

Ahhh.. My glasses won't fit in the glass case. They are to rounded. Fits my head really well and sneaks in under my motorcycle helmet, but when folded up, too thick for that Mini case.

Here in SoCal though, I am either wearing my sunglasses, or it is night, and I just stick them on top of my head.

FourOhFour 08-02-2013 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by EHans (Post 3784988)
Ahhh.. My glasses won't fit in the glass case. They are to rounded. Fits my head really well and sneaks in under my motorcycle helmet, but when folded up, too thick for that Mini case.

The case won't close all the way with my sunglasses inside, but it's still better than putting them in the rail naked, which is what I'd probably end up doing otherwise. My normal glasses fit fine.

As for putting the case under the armrest... in my car, the only position the glasses case can be and open with the handbrake up is all the way back.

Plus this gives me an excuse to get the red rail liner.

EHans 08-02-2013 08:11 PM

Made a slight change to Lana tonight.

http://www.ehansberry.com/images/201...sAnnotated.png

Now to get them for the rear rings from WMW.