R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
pyrrhusmj
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have always wanted their gauge faces.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:28 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
What I did today... TRY to install a FlexPod GPS mount that I ordered from Craven Speed. Unfortunately, the screws provided don't fit - they're too thick. A bit frustrating. Was hoping to have this installed before we left on our first road trip this weekend. But now I need to either find the right screws elsewhere or see how CravenSpeed can do about getting me the correct screws. No idea how much of a hassle that may be.

We'll see what they say in response to my email porting the problem.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:07 AM
80jpm
1st Gear
Brought Parsons in for an oil change and nitrogen for the tires. I'm only here for the free coffee and cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using NAMotoring

Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 AM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Well, I finally got my GPS mount installed. I was also able to get the bolt turned around so I could install it on the left. (It really took a lot of effort to get off!)

I also ended up using the provided screws. Cravenspeed replied that the screws provided are supposed to be wider than the original ones so they create their own threads and hold better. I guess if I take it out the old screws might not fit snug, but I decided to 'be tough' about it. I still had to apply a lot of force to get it on all the way, but it eventually worked.

I must say that it looks good, and seems very steady. I got the kit that includes an extra cigarette lighter outlet that you're supposed to hide under the console somewhere, but I haven't installed that yet. (I might never actually do it). I was able to 'elegantly drape' the wire so that you can't really see it much. I might be able to secure it out of the way with a few zip ties. I may just resort to putting in a pigtail Y adapter for the cigarette lighter if I want to plug two things in at once. Currently it's looking likely on a long trip that I'll be playing music off a usb stick, needing the GPS to have power and my wife will likely want to be able to charge her phone. That would enable all of that to happen at once. A pigtail adapter would allow the outlets to sit in the little tray that is pretty much unusable anyway. I'll have to evaluate when I'm in the car during daylight hours over the weekend. I've been having to work on the car essentially in the street the past few nights.

We're driving from NY to DC this weekend so it'll give us a good chance to evaluate what we want to do.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:15 PM
nd3boy
2nd Gear
Installed the stubby antenna. Did get slightly confused when it came with two screws to connect it...

What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-2219732910.jpg

Old 10-06-2012, 08:34 AM
MiniMouse17
5th Gear
Took Pearl in for the temp sensor recall last weekend and we got her the stubby antenna and a new guard dog!

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-318036736.jpg   What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?-image-4061607146.jpg  
Old 10-06-2012, 11:45 AM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had flat black racing stripes applied to my hood, hatch, and front & rear bumper.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:52 PM
PepeR60
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by iriedevil32
I had flat black racing stripes applied to my hood, hatch, and front & rear bumper.
Pics, or it didn't happen.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:03 PM
dpike
4th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
plastidipped her roof rack bars

i'm really diggin' this plastidip thing, i may attack the belt line and door handles next.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:03 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Old 10-06-2012, 06:13 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Old 10-06-2012, 06:16 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Don't really know how to post the images like everyone else does on this site.

Old 10-06-2012, 06:26 PM
1bigpea
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks sick! Just attach the photos from your computer by clicking the paperclip attach thing. Looks like you got that part. If you want to embed the photo upload your photos to PhotoBucket or a similar service and you can use the embed code.

Thanks for your service!

Last edited by 1bigpea; 10-06-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: To add PhotoBucket info
Old 10-06-2012, 06:42 PM
PepeR60
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 1bigpea
Looks sick! Just attach the photos from your computer by clicking the paperclip attach thing. Looks like you got that part. If you want to embed the photo upload your photos to PhotoBucket or a similar service and you can use the embed code.

Thanks for your service!
To embed without using photobucket or other: attach the image using the paperclip as you did and submit your post, then open the image and copy the image url (which it looks like you did as well), then edit your post and instead of pasting in your message, click the insert image (looks like an envelope with a picture of mountains on it ) and past the image url there.

Looks sweet by the way, I love the flat black especially on darker cars!!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:10 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Originally Posted by PepeR60
To embed without using photobucket or other: attach the image using the paperclip as you did and submit your post, then open the image and copy the image url (which it looks like you did as well), then edit your post and instead of pasting in your message, click the insert image (looks like an envelope with a picture of mountains on it ) and past the image url there.

Looks sweet by the way, I love the flat black especially on darker cars!!
Thanks!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:13 PM
iriedevil32
4th Gear
Originally Posted by 1bigpea

Thanks for your service!
Thanks! The outer stripe was actually 1 inch thick. I didn't like that look, so I had the guy trim it in half. Much better look. As least I think so.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:18 PM
miniMAUL
1st Gear
Originally Posted by dpike
plastidipped her roof rack bars

i'm really diggin' this plastidip thing, i may attack the belt line and door handles next.
Looks good. How did you spray them? Off or On? any issues?

Old 10-06-2012, 09:46 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
I wrapped the trim on one of my door panels today. I'll probably wrap the other 3 and take some better pics tomorrow.

Old 10-07-2012, 05:06 AM
dpike
4th Gear
Originally Posted by miniMAUL

Looks good. How did you spray them? Off or On? any issues?
I sprayed them off. I posted in the mods int/ext sub forum on how to remove the bars from the foot bases. There's also a how to with pictures

Old 10-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Dajadeturtle
2nd Gear
That Carbon wrap looks ... did you pull the pane\ panel and the trim apart? Please share the details ..

Old 10-07-2012, 04:43 PM
qrysdonnell
3rd Gear
Got a cigarette light to USB + 2 extension pigtails. This allows me to keep my GPS plugged in as the unit has the USB on top and the extra cigarette light pigtails can hang out in the (otherwise pretty much unusable) tray beneath the buttons. You can't actually see what's going on unless you really look. As a bonus the 2nd pigtail has the USB plug we already had.

Worst case scenario we can listen to music from USB, power the GPS and charge 2 mobile phones at the same time. Sheer insanity!!!

Old 10-07-2012, 04:53 PM
chrunck
6th Gear
Received 216 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Dajadeturtle
That Carbon wrap looks ... did you pull the pane\ panel and the trim apart? Please share the details ..
I'm just wrapping them on the car as-is. I think it's impossible to get just the trim piece off as it's held on with blind plastic rivets. After I learned that, I had planned to take off the door panels so I could at least do it on a table rather than vertical. It was really easy to take off the door panels in the 1st Gen MINIs, but I couldn't even get a single rivet to pop loose on the CM. I was worried about breaking most/all of the attachment points, so I just did it on the car. It's not too bad.

Today I wrapped the other rear door and made a template for the front doors. I'm off tomorrow (yay Columbus) so I can hopefully finish the fronts and the dash trim. It looks so much better than the piano black that shows fingerprints like crazy.

There is a great thread in Interior/Exterior Mods if you want to read more: https://www.northamericanmotoring.co...st-photos.html

Old 10-07-2012, 10:20 PM
detours
3rd Gear
I coded the mini today. It took a while, but I figured it out. My favorite new features ... unlock doors on key removal, one touch sunroof, and close windows and sunroof with remote lock button. I also coded the fogs to stay on with the high beams and the sunroof to close when it senses rain.

Old 10-07-2012, 10:27 PM
countryman-s
4th Gear
Originally Posted by detours
I coded the mini today. It took a while, but I figured it out. My favorite new features ... unlock doors on key removal, one touch sunroof, and close windows and sunroof with remote lock button. I also coded the fogs to stay on with the high beams and the sunroof to close when it senses rain.
Awesome, everything I wanted to do, but I'm too dumb to figure it out. now you speak mini german.

Last edited by countryman-s; 10-07-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:36 AM
Craigeo
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by detours
How did u do this?

Quick Reply: R60 What did you do to your Countryman TODAY?