R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 Window Tinting in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 01:18 AM
coopers111
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tinting in Miami

Hi! Can anyone recommend a good place in or around Miami??
I'm looking for Huper Optik tint. I went to Tint World and the had 3M Crystalline (also good) but wanted $750 for windows and windshield.... I think it's too expensive.
Is that really the price i should expect to pay?? is Huper Optik more or less expensive??

Old 05-05-2011, 07:09 AM
MINIFIDE
2nd Gear
I'm in Miami too! I know I'd probably get killed on this board, but I've taken 5 different cars to 5 different shops, and never paid more than $150. I never, ever, ever, ever gotten the "better quality" tint and I've never had any problems with any of my tints. That means, no discoloration, no bubbles, no pealing....nothing. I've been very pleased with all my tinting on all my previous cars. Also, you know how Miami is with tints, you can't throw a rock in any direction and not hit 10 different tint shops. I'd be more interested in how long the shop has been open and their personal guarantee. If they're an established place with a decent warranty, then you should be good. IMHO

Old 05-05-2011, 09:04 AM
GeoffreyM
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 05-05-2011, 12:23 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Go through the Huper Optik web site, its best as they will have the closest certified installer contact you. It's not covered under the lifetime warranty, unless its through their certified installers. They also seem to be very well trained tinters (they have to be to work with the stuff). I had two out of my last three cars done with Huper (and have and appointment next week to have the CM done). The one car I didn't (in between the two I did) I cheeped out and went regular Solar guard, and really regretted it, the quality of tradition tint looks so cheap to me now. Nothing compares to the look and quality of huper, you can really see the differecne, and the added heat and infrared protection makes it well worth the price (usually between $400- 450 for all windows except windshield).

Last edited by JudgeS; 05-05-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:48 PM
yetti96
6th Gear
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JudgeS
Go through the Huper Optik web site, its best as they will have the closest certified installer contact you. It's not covered under the lifetime warranty, unless its through their certified installers. They also seem to be very well trained tinters (they have to be to work with the stuff). I had two out of my last three cars done with Huper (and have and appointment next week to have the CM done). The one car I didn't (in between the two I did) I cheeped out and went regular Solar guard, and really regretted it, the quality of tradition tint looks so cheap to me now. Nothing compares to the look and quality of huper, you can really see the differecne, and the added heat and infrared protection makes it well worth the price (usually between $400- 450 for all windows except windshield).

I asked my tint guy about this product because so many people on NAM swear by it. He had told me they tried it but did not like it. Supposedly it might be as goof for more southern, hotter areas. The hotter temperature on the ceramic in sunny South FL might not be a perfect combination. I know it sounded silly to me but I wnet witht he normal, high quality 3m/llumar stuff and didn't find a huper installer.

Old 05-05-2011, 12:57 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by yetti96
I asked my tint guy about this product because so many people on NAM swear by it. He had told me they tried it but did not like it. Supposedly it might be as goof for more southern, hotter areas. The hotter temperature on the ceramic in sunny South FL might not be a perfect combination. I know it sounded silly to me but I wnet witht he normal, high quality 3m/llumar stuff and didn't find a huper installer.
They probably didn't like it cause its so hard to work with because it so thick, it takes a really skilled tinter to install any ceramic. As for the southern area it's even better, because it has the better heat and inferred protection that normal tint doesn't have.

I also know Formula One makes a ceramic tint called Pinnacle, that actually seems to only be available in the south (closest installer to NY is DE and VA) that also gets good write ups, but I have not seen in person. I also believe Llumar is now making a ceramic tint as well, have no idea the details though.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:06 PM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't know if they work with the tint you're looking for but I've used a place called JR Electronics on Bird and 97th for years now and they've always done a great job. They also offer a lifetime warranty. Might want to give them a call and see if they work with it.

Old 05-05-2011, 10:28 PM
coopers111
2nd Gear
Thanks guys!

I'll check the Huper Optik site to see if there is an installer near me.
and I'll call the place that MiamiGuitarMan suggested.
I didn't use to be so picky about this things I guess it's all part of the Countryman spell

But seriously... do you guys think that it's worth it? I just don't want to put regular tint again (had it on my last MCS) and the car got just as hot as before (no tint), just darker and more difficult to see out at night....

After this I'll start modding things with NCSExpert.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:30 PM
MiamiGuitarMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by coopers111
Thanks guys!

I'll check the Huper Optik site to see if there is an installer near me.
and I'll call the place that MiamiGuitarMan suggested.
I didn't use to be so picky about this things I guess it's all part of the Countryman spell

But seriously... do you guys think that it's worth it? I just don't want to put regular tint again (had it on my last MCS) and the car got just as hot as before (no tint), just darker and more difficult to see out at night....

After this I'll start modding things with NCSExpert.
Just my opinion but I wouldn't spend that much money on tints. Realize that when it's 90 degrees of Miami heat outside, no tint is going to keep your car as cool inside as most of us would like.

I had them put their regular 20% tint on mine and I noticed that it did make a substantial difference compared to untinted. Again, it's not like it turns the car into a refrigerator but it does let the AC work much more efficiently and the car seems to cool faster. Granted, I'll be the first to admit that this could all be psychological and a type of placebo effect since I've never actually measured it with a thermometer but that's what I'm perceiving.

But when it's 90 degrees outside, you could put complete blackout tints on the car and if it's been sitting out in the sun, you're still going to step into an oven when you get in it.

Old 05-06-2011, 05:54 PM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by coopers111
But seriously... do you guys think that it's worth it?
Do the research its been discussed about a million times in different auto forums. Most will tell you yes. Again speaking from experience with having it and not, I think its worth the price, and I very much regret not having it on my allroad (the only car of my last four I cheeped out with). I would never go with anything less again.

As for heat protection its simple while MiamiGuitarMan is right, nothing is going to keep the car cool parked in 90 degree Miami weather, with Huper you can go with a 35% or even a 45%, and its going to protect you even better than a 5% traditional tint (go look at the films statistics). So you will get better heat and thermal protection, and close to as good UV protection, without sacrificing as much visibility at night. (I have no problem seeing with 35% at night, 28-20% always seemed the place where I started to have issues. The other bonus is Huper simply looks better than any traditional tint, you can actually see how much higher quality it is in person, go take a look for yourself and compare.