R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

R60 $1000 off Countryman price

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 09:09 AM
puwit321
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$1000 off Countryman price

Just want to let you know I got a flyer from Mini-of-Manhattan regarding "Rocks the Rivals Test Drive" If you register and attend the event then purchase the CM, they'll take $1000 off. The event is May 7 and I only got the flyer today. Too bad I will stick to my guns and wait for the bench seat. But for those looking for a discount and live on the east coast. this is your only chance to get a discount on the CM Good luck.

Old 05-03-2011, 09:13 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a great idea, and I did it (albeit accidentally). However, be aware that the coupon's expiration is based on delivery date, not ordering date. So now I have to wait and find out if my ALL4 arrives by 7/5 when my coupon expires.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:01 PM
SteelersFan
5th Gear
Event date (and expiration of the coupon) will vary by dealer. Coupon not necessarily tied to a Countryman.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM
ghamma
5th Gear
Pulled off the MINIUSA part of Facebook, the coming dates and locations are:
May 4 Dreyer & Reinbold MINI Indianapolis IN
May 4 Long Beach MINI Signal Hill CA
May 5 MINI of Morristown Morristown NJ
May 5 MINI of Clear Lake League City TX
May 5 South Bay MINI Torrance CA
May 6 Midwestern MINI Dublin OH
May 6 MINI of Southampton Southampton NY
May 6 MINI of The Woodlands The Woodlands TX
May 6 MINI of Universal City North Hollywood CA
May 7 MINI of Manhattan New York NY
May 7 Cincinnati MINI Cincinnati OH
May 7 Momentum MINI Houston TX
May 7 MINI of Monrovia Monrovia CA
May 8 MINI of Ontario Ontario CA
May 8 Herb Chambers MINI of Boston Boston MA
May 9 MINI of Knoxville Knoxville TN
May 9 MINI of El Paso El Paso TX
May 11 MINI of Nashville Nashville TN
May 11 Irvine MINI Irvine CA
May 12 MINI of Monmouth Oakhurst NJ
May 12 MINI of Louisville Louisville KY
May 12 MINI of San Antonio San Antonio TX
May 12 Crevier MINI Santa Ana CA
May 15 Habberstad MINI Huntington Station NY
May 13 MINI of Austin Austin TX
May 14 Prestige MINI Mahwah NJ
May 14 MINI of St. Louis Saint Louis MO
May 14 Niello MINI Sacramento CA
May 13 Hassel MINI Freeport NY
May 15 MINI of Concord Concord CA
May 16 Princeton MINI Princeton NJ
May 16 Jackie Cooper MINI Edmond OK
May 18 Baron MINI Merriam KS
May 19 MINI of Mt. Laurel Mt. Laurel NJ
May 19 MINI of Dallas Dallas TX
May 19 East Bay MINI Pleasanton CA
May 20 MINI of the Main Line Bala Cynwyd PA
May 20 Moritz MINI Arlington TX
May 20 MINI of Stevens Creek Santa Clara CA
May 21 Otto's MINI West Chester PA
May 21 MINI of Plano Plano TX
May 21 MINI of San Francisco San Francisco CA
May 21 MINI of Des Moines Des Moines IA
May 23 MINI of Pittsburgh Pittsburgh PA
May 23 Motorwerks MINI Bloomington MN
May 23 Roadshow MINI Cordova TN
May 24 Seattle MINI Seattle WA
May 25 MINI of Birmingham Irondale AL
May 25 Northwest MINI Tacoma WA
May 26 MINI of Sterling Sterling VA
May 26 MINI of the Fox Valley Appleton WI
May 26 Global Imports MINI Atlanta GA
May 27 Crown MINI of Richmond Richmond VA
May 27 MINI of Madison Madison WI
May 27 MINI of South Atlanta Union City GA
May 27 Rasmussen MINI Portland OR
May 28 Checkered Flag MINI Virginia Beach VA
May 28 International MINI West Allis WI
May 30 MINI of Murray Murray UT
Jun 1 MINI of Loveland Loveland CO
Jun 2 Flow MINI Winston Salem NC
Jun 2 MINI of Annapolis Annapolis MD
Jun 2 Patrick MINI Schaumburg IL
Jun 2 Ralph Schomp MINI Littleton CO
Jun 3 Flow MINI of Raleigh Raleigh NC
Jun 3 MINI of Baltimore County Towson MD
Jun 3 Bill Jacobs MINI Naperville IL
Jun 4 MINI of Alexandria Alexandria VA
Jun 4 Knauz MINI Lake Bluff IL
Jun 4 Hendrick MINI Charlotte NC
Jun 4 Sandia MINI Albuquerque NM
Jun 6 MINI of Chicago Chicago IL
Jun 6 MINI of Charleston Charleston SC
Jun 9 Desert MINI of Las Vegas Las Vegas NV

Old 05-03-2011, 01:21 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Why couldn't this come to Arizona so I can get a coupon for $1000 off??? Should be picking mine up within the next few weeks.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradrulz
Why couldn't this come to Arizona so I can get a coupon for $1000 off??? Should be picking mine up within the next few weeks.
AZ: Tempe, April 23; Phoenix, April 25;

You don't suppose they forgot to mention you could pay $1000 less by going to the event, do you?

Old 05-03-2011, 01:46 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ghamma
AZ: Tempe, April 23; Phoenix, April 25;

You don't suppose they forgot to mention you could pay $1000 less by going to the event, do you?
Yeah...I think they want to bring new people to the brand, not give the brand faithful a nice chunk of change on cars they would have bought anyway.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:03 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tippykayak
Yeah...I think they want to bring new people to the brand, not give the brand faithful a nice chunk of change on cars they would have bought anyway.
Yes, they failed to mention anything. I could have totally gone to the event also. The dealerships here in AZ suck to say the least and are both owned by the same place. Does sound like they are going to give me a $250 Costco discount so I will be slightly under sticker

Old 05-03-2011, 02:18 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Yes, they failed to mention anything. I could have totally gone to the event also. The dealerships here in AZ suck to say the least and are both owned by the same place. Does sound like they are going to give me a $250 Costco discount so I will be slightly under sticker
That's cool. Negotiating is tough on the Countryman, at least in our area, because both CT dealers seem to be selling every one that comes onto the lot and filling their order slots handily on top of that.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:20 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by tippykayak

Old 05-03-2011, 07:14 PM
blue0506
1st Gear
Well I was supposed to pick up my CM this Saturday from Mini of Manhattan but was told by my MA that they won't be available to deliver the car because of an "event" and I should come on Friday. I guess there's no way I can negotiate $1k off it seems, nor did they even want to mention the discount.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:30 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by blue0506
Well I was supposed to pick up my CM this Saturday from Mini of Manhattan but was told by my MA that they won't be available to deliver the car because of an "event" and I should come on Friday. I guess there's no way I can negotiate $1k off it seems, nor did they even want to mention the discount.
Well, you can make a stink about the date and threaten to walk. There's no reason to negotiate with you if they have a pretty good sense that you're going to buy the car no matter what. It's a tough position to be in when you're excited about a car.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:38 PM
edogawa
1st Gear
A couple of questions regarding the $1000 discount for attending Rock the Rivals event. Is the $1000 discount off the MSRP of the car or off the final negotiated price? I have called two MINI dealers in SoCal and both said $1000 off MSRP but I would like to know if this is true. Also, will we be able to attend the event at one dealer and use the certificate at another dealer? One dealer said I must use the certificate at where I attend the event, and the other was not quite sure. Any information is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Here's the legal mumbo jumbo off my coupon. It just says "$1000 off the purchase of any new MINI."

I think your dealer is full of it. Go to the event. Get the coupon. Negotiate the final price of the car. Then produce the coupon and apply it.

It also isn't clear if you can use it at a different dealership than the one you got it at.

Restrictions apply. Offer valid for one purchase or lease to customers having met all of the following criteria: 1) customers must attend the MINI Rocks the Rivals Test Drive Tour Event at their participating dealer (MINI of Fairfield County) on Friday, April 29, 2011, 2) customers must register at the event upon arrival (registration at the event is required; online pre-registration for a test drive time slot does not qualify), and 3) customers must purchase or lease a new 2011 MINI model by July 5, 2011. Offer valid to the recipient whose name is on the email/letter/certificate or any family member residing within the same household. Email/letter/certificate is not transferable to anyone not residing in the same household. Proof of identification/residency is required. Must purchase a new 2011 MINI model between the date of the MINI Rocks the Rivals Test Drive Tour Event date on Friday, April 29, 2011 through July 5, 2011. Must take vehicle delivery by July 5, 2011. Pre-owned and MINI NEXT vehicles do not qualify. Options may be limited due to product availability at time of sale. Cannot be used for tax, title, registration, destination or other dealership processing fees. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with any other MINI offer (with the exception of another email/letter/certificate offer) that is available at time of purchase.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM
edogawa
1st Gear
Thanks tippykayak. "Offer valid on final negotiated price" - this sounds to me like $1000 off final negotiated price. I already ordered my Countryman S on 4/16/2011 and is expecting delivery in the month of June. My negotiated price is $1000 off MSRP and another $1000 off is definitely a good thing. I will call MINI USA tomorrow and ask the same questions and see what they have to say.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 PM
ghamma
5th Gear
I communicated with my MA today and confirmed their date of May 20 for Rocks the Rivals in San Jose, CA. She invited me to come on down, sign in, and get the certificate. When I showed an interest in driving, she suggested they'd be busy with genuinely new customers, introducing them to MINI. It seems they're on board with the idea of me getting a $1,000 discount, however.

I thought it'd be fun to do some driving around the MCs and the competition.
Since this is the same day as Main Street in Motion, another drive-the-car event in Alameda, I proposed to bring by the two guys who'll be up there driving that day with me. So maybe I can ride along as they discover the fun of MINI driving - not to mention Corvettes, Volts, Lexus, etc.

We'll see.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:45 AM
edogawa
1st Gear
Just called MINI USA and spoke to Matt...He didn't even know what "Rock the Rivals" sales event is and I had to explain to him. He did look up the terms and conditions of the $1000 discount certificate. According to Matt, the $1000 certificate is good for use at any participating MINI dealers and the discount is $1000 off the "purchase price". However, he suggested to me to check with my MA to verify the definition of "purchase price". He did mention that if it is $1000 off MSRP, it would have said "MSRP" instead of "purchase price".

Old 05-05-2011, 10:30 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by edogawa
Just called MINI USA and spoke to Matt...He didn't even know what "Rock the Rivals" sales event is and I had to explain to him. He did look up the terms and conditions of the $1000 discount certificate. According to Matt, the $1000 certificate is good for use at any participating MINI dealers and the discount is $1000 off the "purchase price". However, he suggested to me to check with my MA to verify the definition of "purchase price". He did mention that if it is $1000 off MSRP, it would have said "MSRP" instead of "purchase price".
I think that last line, "Offer valid on final negotiated price" makes it super clear that you can produce the coupon after negotiation and get an additional $1000.

However, if you produced it up front, I would imagine the MA would try to use it as leverage, like, "we're already giving you a thousand off with that coupon, so it'll be hard for us to give you more than that."

Old 05-05-2011, 10:35 AM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Can you just print coupon and bring it in?

Old 05-05-2011, 10:38 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Can you just print coupon and bring it in?
I think you just need the code off the certificate, though printing would look a bit more official.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:13 AM
bobbyb013
1st Gear
I was at the event at my Mini Dealer on Friday the 29th.Ordered the CM on the 3oth via email and got the coupon on Monday from Mini. I have emailed it to my MA and should have an extra $1,000 off the price.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bobbyb013
I was at the event at my Mini Dealer on Friday the 29th.Ordered the CM on the 3oth via email and got the coupon on Monday from Mini. I have emailed it to my MA and should have an extra $1,000 off the price.
Out of curiosity, what's the expiration date on your coupon? Mine only applies if the car is delivered by 7/5, and since we went to an event on the same day, I'm assuming yours is the same way.

Do you know what production slot you're getting, etc? Did your MA indicate that there might be any problem having the car delivered in time?

Old 05-05-2011, 11:50 AM
bobbyb013
1st Gear
My MA is off on Wednesday I was waiting for an email from him about getting the coupon. I would think they would have to honor it since the car was ordered immediatly. I plane to either call or stop by in the next day or so.When I got it was not that important to me. I am sure it will not belong before I am in trouble with it.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:40 PM
tippykayak
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bobbyb013
My MA is off on Wednesday I was waiting for an email from him about getting the coupon. I would think they would have to honor it since the car was ordered immediatly. I plane to either call or stop by in the next day or so.When I got it was not that important to me. I am sure it will not belong before I am in trouble with it.
Yeah, it would kind of be baloney to make an offer and then have it not apply to a car ordered the very next day.

That's the logic I'm going to use if it looks like my delivery date will be after 7/5.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:42 PM
bobbyb013
1st Gear
My coupon also says 7/5 for the expiration date.

Quick Reply: R60 $1000 off Countryman price