R60 :: Countryman Talk (2010-2015) R60 Cooper and Cooper S hatchback discussion NOT REPAIR RELATED Discussions.

R60 $1000 off Countryman price

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:30 AM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, it's sort of my first time actually reading through these posts on the site. I have figured out a few things from this thread. 1) I should be hearing from my dealer about when they ordered my car (I put the deposit down on 5/4). 2) I should also be hearing from my dealer about access to the Owner's Lounge. 3) I may be hearing from my dealer about delays in production and the possibility of getting a 2012 model instead of 2011. Am I on the right track?

Old 05-12-2011, 11:47 AM
bobbyb013
1st Gear
I had to reach out to my MA to get the Production number
Access to the owner's lounge is given once you have a production number or a VIN number
It appears that some dealers have slots and some do not. Also maters on what you have ordered. If it involves parts from Japan you may be waiting

Old 05-12-2011, 11:55 AM
LaurenMini
2nd Gear
She mentioned that the transmissions come from Japan. She told me it would be about 8 weeks before the car arrives. I'll email her to see if they have ordered the car yet.

Thanks.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:13 PM
edogawa
1st Gear
Just received a reply from MINIUSA that the $1000 certificate does not apply for MINI orders prior to Rock the Rivals event...I am still waiting for the sales manager's reply to my email.

Old 05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by edogawa
Just received a reply from MINIUSA that the $1000 certificate does not apply for MINI orders prior to Rock the Rivals event...I am still waiting for the sales manager's reply to my email.
Only emai I got back from Mini was to ask my dealer. Seems Mini never answers a question. My dealer sucks @ss so I know the answer.

Old 05-12-2011, 01:08 PM
nunetny
Neutral
@lindseybp--thanks so much I'll try to keep talking to my saleman :(

Old 05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
lindseybp
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LaurenMini
She mentioned that the transmissions come from Japan. She told me it would be about 8 weeks before the car arrives. I'll email her to see if they have ordered the car yet.

Thanks.
Not all transmissions come from Japan, just depends.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:26 PM
babaoriley7
1st Gear
Does anyone know if the July 5th expiration is standard throughout the country? The Minneapolis event is the 23rd - coupon arrives around a week later. I put in an order on May 30th which only gives 5 weeks for a car to arrive. It is probably moot for the countryman anyway since they seem to be running out of the 2011 allocations, but for any other Mini it'd be impossible to take advantage of the coupon.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:52 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
You can see my status from my signature. I have been attempting to clarify whether, by attending a MRtR event and getting the certificate, I can apply it to the purchase of my long-ordered MINI CM4 to arrive very soon now. Here's the official response:

MA: "According to our GM. Yes your certificate will be honored for your current order. Following all event rules"

Old 05-14-2011, 11:44 AM
alanwells
1st Gear
Originally Posted by babaoriley7
Does anyone know if the July 5th expiration is standard throughout the country? The Minneapolis event is the 23rd - coupon arrives around a week later. I put in an order on May 30th which only gives 5 weeks for a car to arrive. It is probably moot for the countryman anyway since they seem to be running out of the 2011 allocations, but for any other Mini it'd be impossible to take advantage of the coupon.
Here in Nor Cal we have several events in this weekend and next. All literature I've seen references July 5th expiration for the coupons given out at these events, so I think that expiration date is the same no matter when your event is (unfortunate). I ended up putting a deposit down on a car already en route to a dealer for this reason. Other folks seem to have been able to get their dealer to honor the coupon for orders arriving after this, so probably worth asking your dealer.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 PM
bradrulz
3rd Gear
Here is a copy of the Mini Sales Brochure given to Mini Dealers outlining the Mini Rocks the Rivals event.

rocks the rivals.pdf

Old 05-16-2011, 08:38 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by bradrulz
Here is a copy of the Mini Sales Brochure given to Mini Dealers outlining the Mini Rocks the Rivals event.
Thanks - that was _very_ helpful. My MAs obviously haven't got this information, and it will make a difference in how soon I can get my car with the discount.

Old 05-16-2011, 12:07 PM
silvernuke
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by bradrulz

Attachment 53431

Old 05-16-2011, 12:41 PM
manuelpl
1st Gear
9 Days no Coupon

Its been 9 days and no coupon.

I attended on May 7 at the Monrovia MINI .

What gives. I think they are holding me ransom or something, I will definitely not buy from them..

Old 05-16-2011, 02:46 PM
manuelpl
1st Gear
Finally

So I decided to contact MINI directly.

First I contacted the 800 Number , and they were not helpful. Something about that its a different promotion agency.

Next I emailed mini.sales@miniusa.com ( Thank you " Bradrulz " for posting that PDF, I found this email in there.)

They responded within minutes saying " We will send one out right away ".
Few minutes later I received my Coupon from email@jandlmarketing

Im so excited , I'm thinking of a Royal Grey Countryman S .

Thank you all for the valuable information here, I knew I'd find my answer in this forum.

-$1000 Coupon
-$1000 Credit Union
+ Free Bonnet Stripes ( Hoping for This one )

Wo0t

Last edited by manuelpl; 05-16-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Add more info
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 AM
Djordje
1st Gear
So the Rock the Rivals event in Portland is scheduled just before Memorial Day weekend. I will be out of town but I am planning on buying a Countryman before the July 5th deadline.

The MA at Mini of Portland said I could have a friend or family member go to the event and sign-up under my name. For the folks who have gone to this event, is that a possibility? Do they check ID's when you sign-up. I don't fully trust the info forwarded by the MA and I want to make sure it is possible before sending someone to go in my place.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2011, 12:52 AM
silvernuke
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by Djordje
So the Rock the Rivals event in Portland is scheduled just before Memorial Day weekend. I will be out of town but I am planning on buying a Countryman before the July 5th deadline.

The MA at Mini of Portland said I could have a friend or family member go to the event and sign-up under my name. For the folks who have gone to this event, is that a possibility? Do they check ID's when you sign-up. I don't fully trust the info forwarded by the MA and I want to make sure it is possible before sending someone to go in my place.

Thanks!
Nope. They do not check nor care. Your friend or family member can totally sign up for you. The only important thing is the name on the certificate matches your name in order to take advantage of $1000 off promotion.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:54 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by silvernuke
Nope. They do not check nor care. Your friend or family member can totally sign up for you. The only important thing is the name on the certificate matches your name in order to take advantage of $1000 off promotion.
The words instructing the dealership are:
"The offer is valid to the recipient of the email or any family member residing within the same household."

Old 05-17-2011, 09:11 AM
alanwells
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Djordje

Thanks!
I went to a Rock the Rivals event in Concord, CA last weekend to sign up for my coupon. They did not check ID when I gave them my info.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by alanwells
I went to a Rock the Rivals event in Concord, CA last weekend to sign up for my coupon. They did not check ID when I gave them my info.
You must have an honest face. They took my ID when they filled in the event form and handing out the liability waiver form. They also passed it on to someone to copy before I could drive the cars.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:14 AM
alanwells
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ghamma
You must have an honest face. They took my ID when they filled in the event form and handing out the liability waiver form. They also passed it on to someone to copy before I could drive the cars.
Interesting... I did not test drive any cars so had no reason to give ID for that but sounds like they ID'd you regardless. Guess it depends on the rep?

Old 05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
TPBC
1st Gear
Originally Posted by lindseybp
That's BS. If they said they would go ahead and give you the discount without having the actual coupon then they should not go back on their word.
I agree that's crazy!! What is the time frame in getting that email? I attended the "Rock the Rivals" test drive tour on 4-28-2011 and still NO email. I've been pretty patient. Now I'm getting the run around from the MA saying it's the Marketing Department being slow and that he would still honor it. Honestly, it's very discouraging. It is starting to sway my decision to purchase a MINI if this is how they are treating me ( for a $1K off coupon). What's going to happen with issues regarding the car? Only time will tell.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:42 PM
manuelpl
1st Gear
Do This TPBC

Originally Posted by TPBC
I agree that's crazy!! What is the time frame in getting that email? I attended the "Rock the Rivals" test drive tour on 4-28-2011 and still NO email. I've been pretty patient. Now I'm getting the run around from the MA saying it's the Marketing Department being slow and that he would still honor it. Honestly, it's very discouraging. It is starting to sway my decision to purchase a MINI if this is how they are treating me ( for a $1K off coupon). What's going to happen with issues regarding the car? Only time will tell.
Do What I did , you get it within hours.

This is what I wrote to mini.sales@miniusa.com @ 12:35

-----------

Hello,

I attended the even on MAY 7th At the Monrovia MINI. It has been 9 days since then, and I have not received an Email containing my coupon.

The coupon is holding up my purchase of a new Countryman.

Please help.

I used manuelpl@gmail.com at the event when they signed me up?

Thank you

Manny

Received the following at 2:24

We will send one out right away

At 2:26 , I received my Coupon.

Contact them , GL !

I think the Mini Agents are up to no good in my opinion.

Let us know what happens. Also I would deal with another Dealer, I call shenanigans on that one too.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:58 PM
ghamma
5th Gear

I just got my certificate email from 5/15 event this afternoon 5/17.

-Happy camper, here.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:00 PM
alanwells
1st Gear
Originally Posted by ghamma

I just got my certificate email from 5/15 event this afternoon 5/17.

-Happy camper, here.
Just got mine as well, from the 5/15 event.

Quick Reply: R60 $1000 off Countryman price