1st Gen Countryman (R60) Talk (2010-2015) R60 Countryman Discussions

R60 Sitting at the port?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 07:38 PM
discordiannot
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's looking like mine was not loaded onto the Bess today.

Here's hoping for the Independence II on Friday. It's supposed to arrive in Charleston two days before the Bess anyway.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:25 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pure Orange is now sitting on the dock. I can here Otis Redding playing in the background. I'm not even going to stress about which boat he gets on. Just gonna sit here and be patient.

Sealy - Who has all the tracking links bookmarked and MINI on speed dial.

Old 04-14-2011, 05:53 AM
miniwpbear
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by discordiannot
It's looking like mine was not loaded onto the Bess today.

Here's hoping for the Independence II on Friday. It's supposed to arrive in Charleston two days before the Bess anyway.
Mine didn't either A search for VIN starting with WMWZ show about 225 cars made it on. I will be upset if it doesn't make the Independence II.

Old 04-14-2011, 10:48 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, the Auriga Leader is moving out of Bremerhaven so them what's on board are on their way out, if any Minis made it.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Syck2972
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Sealy
Pure Orange is now sitting on the dock. I can here Otis Redding playing in the background. I'm not even going to stress about which boat he gets on. Just gonna sit here and be patient.

Sealy - Who has all the tracking links bookmarked and MINI on speed dial.
Yep, our Minis are partying on the dock. They are beeping at world says, "Look at us world! We are Minis! We are going to motor all over the USA!"

Old 04-15-2011, 08:51 AM
ghamma
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Syck2972
Yep, our Minis are partying on the dock. They are beeping at world says, "Look at us world! We are Minis! We are going to motor all over the USA!"
I'm beginning to think I should have ordered Pure Orange. I think my Light Coffee has turned out to be a wallflower as I watch reports of other CMs heading out to their party cruises. <sigh>

But wait! My MA has just reported that my CM has been spotted on board the Auriga Leader at sea April 17!

Last edited by ghamma; 04-17-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by ghamma
I think my Light Coffee has turned out to be a wallflower . . .
Whilst Pure Orange envy is natural, I will say some of my best times have been with button-downed wallflower types. Don't judge a CM by it's cover.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Ashlee
1st Gear
I just called ASK MINI and apparently my car has made it to the port.

Old 04-15-2011, 10:05 AM
danglow1
1st Gear
Sadie is on the Independence II, went to bed last night bummed that she had not been assigned a ship yet(has been at port waiting since April 7) and when I checked this morning she was listed as having been loaded last night. Yahoo!!! Sadie is coming to America. Royal Gray CM with white roof/racing strips, premium and cold weather package. I am more than ready to Motor!! Any of her shipmates destined for Wisconsin?

Old 04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Sealy
6th Gear
Originally Posted by Ashlee
. . . my car has made it to the port.
Next you know, she'll hit the sherry and then make it to the tequila.

Originally Posted by danglow1
. . . she was listed as having been loaded last night.
Drugs or alcohol? Probably out with Pure Orange celebrating being let out of the factory.

Sealy - who notes lots of partying in B-haven, excepting the Light Coffee

Old 04-15-2011, 04:28 PM
discordiannot
1st Gear
Originally Posted by danglow1
Sadie is on the Independence II, went to bed last night bummed that she had not been assigned a ship yet(has been at port waiting since April 7) and when I checked this morning she was listed as having been loaded last night. Yahoo!!! Sadie is coming to America. Royal Gray CM with white roof/racing strips, premium and cold weather package. I am more than ready to Motor!! Any of her shipmates destined for Wisconsin?

Awesome news! Unfortunately, I can't say the same. Looks like at least 5 more days in B-haven.

It looks like all of the cars on the Independence II are listed as going to Baltimore. I didn't even know that was one of the destinations.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:17 PM
danglow1
1st Gear
Where is your Mini coming into port in the USA? Have you checked the shipping schedules on the WW site? It will list each Port the ship is stopping at. So if you look at the Port shipped out of Bremerhaven (for Countryman) and South Hampton for other MINI's and then followdown to the Port your car is coming into you will be able to narrow down which ship your MINI will be on. Seems like most wait 7-14 days in port to be assigned and loaded on a ship. The MINI Owners lounge still list's Sadie as waiting for transport. She did not show up on the WW shipping site until the day after she was loaded. So keep checking.

Old 04-15-2011, 06:21 PM
danglow1
1st Gear
Looks like the Independence II is also heading to Savannah,GA and then Brunswick,GA after dropping Sadie off at Baltimore.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM
alrauer
2nd Gear
Otis was 'born' on April 8, and is still sitting on the dock. I picture him getting excited every morning watching the sunrise, meeting new car friends who arrive all around him, and then watching them all load onto their party ships. And then there he is, watching the sunset alone- a single tear falling from his headlight. Poor little guy- just wants to motor across the pond like everyone else! :( there is one ship scheduled to depart on 04/26 for Brunswick. Hoping maybe that one will bring him over.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 AM
NavyET
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by alrauer
Otis was 'born' on April 8, and is still sitting on the dock. I picture him getting excited every morning watching the sunrise, meeting new car friends who arrive all around him, and then watching them all load onto their party ships. And then there he is, watching the sunset alone- a single tear falling from his headlight. Poor little guy- just wants to motor across the pond like everyone else! :( there is one ship scheduled to depart on 04/26 for Brunswick. Hoping maybe that one will bring him over.
Feel your pain. I am sitting on the boat in port as well scheduled for Brunswick.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Mavryk03
3rd Gear
I waiting as well. Panthro is waiting and getting excited I'm sure, he will probley be calling on the Thundercats soon, if he is not on a ship and they will make sure he gets on a ship, HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 AM
mikeh
1st Gear
Has anyone confirmed that their CM has made the Toledo? Looks like it left on the 22nd, but no updates for me.

My CM was finished on the 8th, didn't make the port until the 14th.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:37 AM
alrauer
2nd Gear
FYI- for anyone who is awaiting a ship like I was-- If you haven't already, you might want to talk to a customer service rep @ ASK MINI. After continuing to hear "...awaiting a shipping vessel..." for 2 weeks from the automated MINI dude, and then seeing on the OL yesterday that my CM is "en route", I spoke with a rep today. She said that as of April 20, my car was shipped but of course, had no further info for the vessel. I', assuming this means that my CM is on the K-line Florida Highway ship, as it departed from Bremerhaven on 04/20. (I get no results when entering my VIN into the WW site, so I don't think it's on the Porgy that left on 04/21.)

Old 04-25-2011, 11:51 AM
Mavryk03
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by alrauer
FYI- for anyone who is awaiting a ship like I was-- If you haven't already, you might want to talk to a customer service rep @ ASK MINI. After continuing to hear "...awaiting a shipping vessel..." for 2 weeks from the automated MINI dude, and then seeing on the OL yesterday that my CM is "en route", I spoke with a rep today. She said that as of April 20, my car was shipped but of course, had no further info for the vessel. I', assuming this means that my CM is on the K-line Florida Highway ship, as it departed from Bremerhaven on 04/20. (I get no results when entering my VIN into the WW site, so I don't think it's on the Porgy that left on 04/21.)
Lucky you your mini is on it's way . Call or email your MA and they will give you all the info you need from now on.