Drivetrain R60 JCW exhaust is here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
misterb
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet - sounds nice and throaty! Notice any power difference?

Old 01-19-2012, 10:56 AM
kittoh
1st Gear
Originally Posted by misterb
Sweet - sounds nice and throaty! Notice any power difference?
I have noticed some power difference but the bigger jump came from my custom high flow intake so it is hard to say what you might see. The intake greatly improved throttle response and low end power..the exhaust seems to have increased high RPM power...but still getting a feel for it. Planning to pay more attention today. Will report back here tomorrow or before.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Sliksunny
2nd Gear
Smile mpg

I just got the car this past friday with 6miles on it. I now have 700 miles on it! So i drive approx. 800-1000 miles a week! One of the reasons i bought this car was the Gas Mileage.

Can you report back if you have seen an increase or decrease in your avg. MPG with the exhaust.

I wanted a car that gav me 30mpg+ and was still fun to drive and i couldn't find anything that matched the MINI!

But now i want a little more power and more sound out of the car to feel manly lol My weekend drive is a AUDI s5 So ya countryman feels slow ;-)

Old 01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
misterb
1st Gear
Originally Posted by kittoh
I have noticed some power difference but the bigger jump came from my custom high flow intake so it is hard to say what you might see. The intake greatly improved throttle response and low end power..the exhaust seems to have increased high RPM power...but still getting a feel for it. Planning to pay more attention today. Will report back here tomorrow or before.
Any pics of the custom CAI?

Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
kittoh
1st Gear
Originally Posted by Sliksunny
I just got the car this past friday with 6miles on it. I now have 700 miles on it! So i drive approx. 800-1000 miles a week! One of the reasons i bought this car was the Gas Mileage.

Can you report back if you have seen an increase or decrease in your avg. MPG with the exhaust.

I wanted a car that gav me 30mpg+ and was still fun to drive and i couldn't find anything that matched the MINI!

But now i want a little more power and more sound out of the car to feel manly lol My weekend drive is a AUDI s5 So ya countryman feels slow ;-)
The intake increased MPG even though I tend to be in the throttle more than before I had it. Will let you know about MPG with the exhaust.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:35 PM
kittoh
1st Gear
Any pics of the custom CAI?
Here is a picture of the first prototype. Works and sounds great although it is not really a cold air intake just high flow intake. With turbo there is debate about weather CAI makes sense...high flow (done) and intercooler (later after waranty) is what I plan to do. This intake increased MPG even while I increased aggressive driving

Attached Thumbnails R60 JCW exhaust is here!-intake3.jpg  
Old 01-19-2012, 12:45 PM
kittoh
1st Gear
Another video http://youtu.be/kj1PSWQpfCw

Will try to get some video from the drivers seat later...

Old 01-19-2012, 02:39 PM
Sliksunny
2nd Gear
Smile

Originally Posted by kittoh
Another video http://youtu.be/kj1PSWQpfCw

Will try to get some video from the drivers seat later...
that was the best video so far, I WANT!

Old 01-19-2012, 03:12 PM
JackMac
6th Gear
Received 307 Likes on 221 Posts
Nice

Old 01-20-2012, 12:52 AM
mcsmania
Neutral
I've the JCW exhaust on my countryman but mine is an cooper S all 4.

Why the exhaust is made for countryman cooper S and not for all4, while it's the same ?

What's the reference of the cat-back because I just have the exhaust and the sound is different, less louder ? (I think it comes from the intake too)

Old 01-20-2012, 06:18 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
We are still waiting to confirm that this system will fit on an ALL4. While the stock exhaust system is the same part number for both the S and ALL4, the information from MINI only lists S models. We are in the process of testing an ALL4 to confirm fitment.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:01 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Do you know if is this the exhaust for the upcoming Contryman JCW production model, or is this exhaust for a dealer JCW retrofit kit? I assume it is for the dealer retrofit kit, but just curious.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:21 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JackMac
Do you know if is this the exhaust for the upcoming Contryman JCW production model, or is this exhaust for a dealer JCW retrofit kit? I assume it is for the dealer retrofit kit, but just curious.
We have no information on the upcoming JCW R60 model so it would be speculation at this point. Our system does not list this exhaust as a "retrofit" but the verbal descriptions are not always accurate. When the JCW R60 information becomes available, we will be able to confirm the details.

Old 01-20-2012, 09:58 AM
JackMac
6th Gear
Ah okay. I found the JCW Exhaust description listed on realoem

Old 01-20-2012, 10:03 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
That is listed the same way in our catalog. However, when looking under an S and ALL4, everything looks to be identical (and stock exhaust part numbers are the same). We lowered the stock system down a bit without cutting it and test fitted the JCW rear muffler. The initial thoughts were that there may have been an issue with hitting the rear differential bracket but it seems to fit perfect. While we have not done an official install on an ALL4, this system looks to be compatible.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:46 AM
timster121
2nd Gear
I'm kind of curious how this would sound compared to the Borla axleback I have now.

The Borla is starting to drone a little more than I would like at highway speeds.

Old 01-21-2012, 01:54 AM
mcsmania
Neutral
I have it on my countryman all4 for 2 months and I have no problem but it doesn't sound like in your video. For information, it was installed in a Mini dealer (I live in France)

Old 01-21-2012, 07:03 AM
kittoh
1st Gear
Originally Posted by mcsmania
I have it on my countryman all4 for 2 months and I have no problem but it doesn't sound like in your video. For information, it was installed in a Mini dealer (I live in France)
If you only have the back section (about axle back) then you would be missing the intermediate pipe which removes a resonator and comes all the way from the cat that is just after the downpipe. The sound difference is probably this and the intake. Look on real oem for the pics.

Old 01-24-2012, 07:13 AM
kittoh
1st Gear
Finally took some video from the drivers seat, 70mph with a slight increase at the end to 75 or so. I will try to get a 0-60 video up soon. http://youtu.be/xQcl4QXOrbg

Old 01-25-2012, 09:38 AM
mcsmania
Neutral
I sent an email to my Mini dealer but he has no reference for the intermediate pipe. I think it is not available in France for the moment or because there is no resonator on the intermediate pipe. Maybe it's a product for the U.S. market.

I hope it becomes available...

Old 01-27-2012, 02:43 PM
misterb
1st Gear
SewellParts.... What's the difference between your JCW Exhaust and the JCW one listed on this link with a MSRP of $786?

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-conte...essories_c.pdf

Old 01-27-2012, 03:07 PM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
SewellParts.... What's the difference between your JCW Exhaust and the JCW one listed on this link with a MSRP of $786?

http://www.motoringfile.com/wp-conte...essories_c.pdf
That system never came to be and the part number has been discontinued. While an official kit has not been released, this system is most definately a JCW system for the R60.

Old 02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
It is confirmed that this system will fit both S and ALL4 models! We have it listed here at http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessor...2011/5326.html

Old 02-01-2012, 05:52 PM
bentyyc
5th Gear
Originally Posted by SewellParts
It is confirmed that this system will fit both S and ALL4 models! We have it listed here at http://mini.sewellparts.com/accessor...2011/5326.html
Based on your site, why does it make a difference if you have the aero kit or not? Curious...

Old 02-01-2012, 06:39 PM
SewellParts
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by bentyyc
Based on your site, why does it make a difference if you have the aero kit or not? Curious...
Great question. The aero kit has a different tip design compared to the standard rear bumper on the R60. The aero kit tips have brackets and screw into the back-side of the bumper then the exhaust slides into the secured tips.

Quick Reply: Drivetrain R60 JCW exhaust is here!