R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 02:48 PM
Robin Casady
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jascooper
Looks good. The black and chrome look great in that moody environment.

Very nice.
Excellent photography.

Last edited by Robin Casady; 10-31-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:50 PM
goldcountrymini
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics... Enjoying this thread. Makes me want to place an order for a new MINI.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Lightyr
3rd Gear
Mini Colada

This was our Mini Colada on a Halloween Run In NY/NJ.

Attached Thumbnails Please post pictures of your R56 here...-100_0853.jpg  

Last edited by Lightyr; 10-31-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:44 PM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Here are some new photos of mine. I just got the windows tinted today and my black headlight rings and tail light rings came in today as well. I can't wait to get the black grill surround in so that I can swap that out. I'm also waiting on carbon fiber side vents, door handles, and gas cap.

Old 10-31-2007, 03:52 PM
LuxoDave
3rd Gear
That looks really awesome wetceal.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:39 PM
andyde
5th Gear
Originally Posted by wetceal
Here are some new photos of mine. I just got the windows tinted today and my black headlight rings and tail light rings came in today as well. I can't wait to get the black grill surround in so that I can swap that out. I'm also waiting on carbon fiber side vents, door handles, and gas cap.

That looks great !!

Where did you get the black rings around the lights..??

Old 10-31-2007, 05:04 PM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LuxoDave
That looks really awesome wetceal.
THANKS!!

Originally Posted by andyde
Where did you get the black rings around the lights..??
The headlight and tail light rings are wrapped in gloss black vinyl and are weather treated as well. I ordered them from Lyle at Vinyl Styles and am EXTREMLY happy with the way they came out! Lyle is a great guy to work with too.

He can wrap all sort of things in vinyl for you and offers a lot of different options. Besides gloss black, he also has matte black, satin black and a bunch of other body colors if you wanted to get them to match your Mini. He also just started doing a seamless wrap which is amazing. I had my headlight rings double wrapped for protection from rocks, etc. so he wasn't able to do a seamless wrap on them. However, my tail light rings were only a single wrap and are completely seamless and just awesome!

I'm waiting on my grill surrounds from Lyle and will probably also have him do some Mini emblems for me as well.

Here's the link to his website if you want to check it out...

http://www.lylesvinylstyles.net/mini

Here are some more photos of the wraps up close...

Old 10-31-2007, 05:33 PM
r56mini
6th Gear
That vinyl wrap stuff is awesome!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:22 PM
jascooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by flaco
... vinyl and Wurth paint blackout, Lamin-x gunmetal and smoke,...
Can you give a little more detail on how you did the blackout on the headlight and tailight surrounds. I took a look and they look like a bear to remove (a bunch of weird tabs on the headlight rings). Thanks

wetceal - yours look really great, too. Did you have to send in the parts to have them done. How about the beltline? Is that vinyl too, or taped?

Last edited by jascooper; 10-31-2007 at 06:25 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:32 PM
jascooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Robin Casady
Looks good. The black and chrome look great in that moody environment.

Very nice.
Excellent photography.
Thanks. I just submitted them for the calendar contest.

Actually the chrome is going away. Either in black or some bizarre color. The side markers are getting replaced with the black MC ones (I hate the design of the S markers). I'm also going to take the wheels apart and have the centers powder coated. Also planning to put a painted stock MC grille on.

I was thinking of a pukey pea green, but since the Astro Black is kind of a blue tint I may go for some form of bluish grey.

Going for a unique 'sleeper' look.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:59 PM
wetceal
3rd Gear
I took a look and they look like a bear to remove (a bunch of weird tabs on the headlight rings). Thanks

wetceal - yours look really great, too. Did you have to send in the parts to have them done. How about the beltline? Is that vinyl too, or taped?
The headlight and tail light rings were actually very easy to remove. For the head lights (on the R56), you want to open up the hood so that you can see all the little tabs holding the ring in place. Use a flat head screwdriver to gently put down on the tabs so that you can snap them out of each clip. You do want to do this carefully to make sure you don't break any of them. However, if you do it slowly and carefully, the ring should come out with no problems.

On the tail lights, look around the edges and you should be able to see some of the tabs holding the ring in place. Use the flat head screw driver again and wedge it where the tabs are. You should be able to gently pry the tail light ring off without damaging anything. The blade of the screwdriver should be between the tail light lens and the ring.

Lyle from Vinyl Styles actually offers a core fee. If you are interested in say, the headlight rings, you have a couple of options. You can remove yours and mail them to him. He'll wrap them and charge you the fee for wrapping them only. OR, if you want wrapped headlight rings but don't want to be driving around without any headlight wrings for a couple of weeks until they are returned to you, what you can do is pay the core fee. Lyle will wrap a set of headlight rings for you and mail them to you when you pay the wrapping fee + core fee. When you get the wrapped rings, if you mail your original chrome headlight rings back to Lyle within a certain number of days, he will refund your core fee and you only end up paying the wrapping fee.

If you decide you want to keep your OEM chrome rings in case you decide ou want to go back to chrome one day, then you can just keep everything and you will not get a refund on your core fee.

I think it's a great system and chose to return my chrome rings to get a refund of my core fee and I didn't have to drive around with no rings for a week!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:01 PM
wetceal
3rd Gear
I was thinking of a pukey pea green, but since the Astro Black is kind of a blue tint I may go for some form of bluish grey.

Going for a unique 'sleeper' look.
I think a bluish grey color would be really cool!

Old 10-31-2007, 09:24 PM
chuck r
3rd Gear
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by -Vampyre-
Pics Pics Pics

Awesome look. What brand and size of wheels and tires are you running? They look great.
chuck

Old 10-31-2007, 09:28 PM
Msteadman
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The headlight and tail light rings were actually very easy to remove. For the head lights (on the R56), you want to open up the hood so that you can see all the little tabs holding the ring in place. Use a flat head screwdriver to gently put down on the tabs so that you can snap them out of each clip. You do want to do this carefully to make sure you don't break any of them. However, if you do it slowly and carefully, the ring should come out with no problems.

On the tail lights, look around the edges and you should be able to see some of the tabs holding the ring in place. Use the flat head screw driver again and wedge it where the tabs are. You should be able to gently pry the tail light ring off without damaging anything. The blade of the screwdriver should be between the tail light lens and the ring.

Lyle from Vinyl Styles actually offers a core fee. If you are interested in say, the headlight rings, you have a couple of options. You can remove yours and mail them to him. He'll wrap them and charge you the fee for wrapping them only. OR, if you want wrapped headlight rings but don't want to be driving around without any headlight wrings for a couple of weeks until they are returned to you, what you can do is pay the core fee. Lyle will wrap a set of headlight rings for you and mail them to you when you pay the wrapping fee + core fee. When you get the wrapped rings, if you mail your original chrome headlight rings back to Lyle within a certain number of days, he will refund your core fee and you only end up paying the wrapping fee.

If you decide you want to keep your OEM chrome rings in case you decide ou want to go back to chrome one day, then you can just keep everything and you will not get a refund on your core fee.

I think it's a great system and chose to return my chrome rings to get a refund of my core fee and I didn't have to drive around with no rings for a week!
Sweet deal! I haven't decided if I wanna black out my chrome or not. But if I do I'll definitely be giving Lyle a buzz. It certainly looks great on your MINI.

Old 10-31-2007, 09:43 PM
ghosthound
6th Gear
i like how that looks as well but i may just paint mine.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:12 PM
jascooper
5th Gear
Originally Posted by ghosthound
i like how that looks as well but i may just paint mine.
Me too, but it ain't cheap, and I have parts that can't be wrapped, so I'm going to have to do painting or powder coating anyway. And they don't have the unique colors I'll want.

They charge $50 for vinyl to do the beltline. I took a roll of $0.50 vinyl electrical tape, and have had it on for several weeks, and it looks pretty good, and as long as you apply it directly to clean metal, it sticks fine. Overlapping it doesn't do so well, so my taillight experiment was a failure.

Old 10-31-2007, 10:48 PM
sliboa
1st Gear

This is a great shot and once you get the black trim around the grill, it'll look downright fantastic.

Old 11-01-2007, 09:57 AM
wetceal
3rd Gear
They charge $50 for vinyl to do the beltline. I took a roll of $0.50 vinyl electrical tape, and have had it on for several weeks, and it looks pretty good, and as long as you apply it directly to clean metal, it sticks fine. Overlapping it doesn't do so well, so my taillight experiment was a failure.
I actually got my beltline black out kit from OutMotoring.com and I believe they charge $13 plus shipping for their kit. I think it's 3M brand and so far, it's staying on nicely with no problems (washed the car twice already).

Originally Posted by sliboa
This is a great shot and once you get the black trim around the grill, it'll look downright fantastic.
Thanks! I can't wait either!!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:15 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That looks great, yours is the first I've seen with the glossy finish vs. the satin finish that matches the plastic trim.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:17 AM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
That looks great, yours is the first I've seen with the glossy finish vs. the satin finish that matches the plastic trim.
Thanks! I'm actually getting some painted fenders in so those should soon be body color. That's why I decided to go with the gloss black for the wraps.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:20 AM
VicSkimmr
6th Gear
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Ah I would've gone with gloss black fenders But to each his own!

Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 AM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by VicSkimmr
Ah I would've gone with gloss black fenders But to each his own!
I have the Hypersport body kit on my Mini and don't really like how abrubtly the fenders end. If I had the aerokit or if there was a smoother transition from the fenders into the bottom of the body, then I might have kept the black fenders...and gloss black would have been awesome!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:02 PM
MiniJayhawk
4th Gear
What about the black bonnet scoop? Is that painted?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM
LazyT
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by MiniJayhawk
What about the black bonnet scoop? Is that painted?
It's the JCW Carbon Fiber Bonnet Scoop.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM
wetceal
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by LazyT
It's the JCW Carbon Fiber Bonnet Scoop.
Yes, it is However, if you wanted a black one, I think Lyle can wrap those with no problem.

Quick Reply: R56 Please post pictures of your R56 here...