R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 In Dealership Date?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Jerome81
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Dealership Date?

Its gotta be in these threads somewhere. My search didn't turn up anything specific.

When will they start to arrive? When are US spec cars starting builds?

Old 10-04-2006, 03:14 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Last I heard from my dealer is that they're expecting shipments in late January or early February, and not taking custom orders until March. (ugh)

-W-

Old 10-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Tri3
1st Gear
Actually I heard that custom orders were going to be in late November early December with shipments coming in around February, but that was a month ago.

Old 10-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Rich B.
4th Gear
Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts
According to www.wheels24.co.za, release date is November 18th, 2006. But what does this actually mean...???

Old 10-05-2006, 08:11 AM
MedicMan55
3rd Gear
I talked to my MA and he said that '07 MINIs will be shipped here around December-January and that they won't be taking customed MINIs a bit later than that. The first few months will be factory spec'd.

Medic

Old 10-05-2006, 10:25 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by MedicMan55
The first few months will be factory spec'd.
I'm not so sure this is a good idea. Although, one of the problems faced by (some?) dealers previously is that they had no inventory and very little to use as a demo. So you'd get to try an MCS with stick, or MC with CVT, and have to guess what the effects of the options would be. And, there's plenty of people who want to buy from dealer inventory and don't care so much about customization, and dealers have an incentive (property tax) to get inventory off the lot, so it might be a way of getting initial sales figures up. Besides, otherwise they'd have to have the configurator available like now, and it ain't.

-W-

Old 10-05-2006, 10:26 AM
MY4thMINI
6th Gear
what i heard

i just emailed my MA a week ago "classic in Mentor Ohio"
He said most likely February

Old 10-05-2006, 11:26 AM
sequence
6th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My MA told me that the first dealer demos will arrive between thanksgiving and xmas, and they would be able to place spec'd orders right after the first of the year for March delivery.

Old 10-05-2006, 04:10 PM
Jerome81
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by sequence
My MA told me that the first dealer demos will arrive between thanksgiving and xmas, and they would be able to place spec'd orders right after the first of the year for March delivery.
Well, that would be great if indeed it happens! Would at least allow me to decide if I want the MINI or something else before Feb of next year.

Old 10-05-2006, 07:24 PM
hyperblue1
1st Gear
Late November

I talked with my dealer today and he said they would be ordering the 2007's in late November and we will be able to custom order. He has put me on the list for the 1st wave.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:10 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
My dealer said I can custom make my MINI in December and have it delivered by April. There's also a waiting list right now- $1000 deposit. I'm still thinking if I should do the deposit.

Old 10-09-2006, 01:52 PM
dwdyer
5th Gear
I've wondered about the deposit for a slot to order. Will they turn away folks that walk in?

Old 10-09-2006, 08:12 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dwdyer
I've wondered about the deposit for a slot to order. Will they turn away folks that walk in?
No... but I would guess your name would just go on the bottom of their list. No big deal, you'll just wait a little longer to take delivery.

As far as the deposit goes... assuming its a reputable dealer, it's refundable should you drive the demo and decide not to order an '07. So very low risk getting in line.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 PM
locobrit
1st Gear
I put down $500 and am #9 on the list when it comes time to order. They had told me delivery begining of March but didn't know when ordering would happen. So the sooner the better for me.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:31 AM
dwdyer
5th Gear
Originally Posted by msh441
No... but I would guess your name would just go on the bottom of their list. No big deal, you'll just wait a little longer to take delivery.

As far as the deposit goes... assuming its a reputable dealer, it's refundable should you drive the demo and decide not to order an '07. So very low risk getting in line.
Maybe I'm just peeved that my dealer doesn't seem to be starting a waiting list. Or maybe that's a good thing.

-W-

Old 10-10-2006, 01:18 AM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by dwdyer
Maybe I'm just peeved that my dealer doesn't seem to be starting a waiting list. Or maybe that's a good thing.

-W-
Oh! I misunderstood. That is a little scary 'cause you know there are people out there wanting to line up.

I would just stay in touch and stand-by-to-stand-by. Know what I mean?

I would imagine that once a) the first demos come in November-December b) the configurator is shortly thereafter and c) ording begins December-January... things are going to get very hectic and exciting in the MINI world.

Old 10-17-2006, 08:02 PM
aznqtboy984
5th Gear
I just made a deposit. I'm no. 7 on the list and I got the MA to give me some rubber floor mats. I'm excited!

Old 10-17-2006, 09:30 PM
msh441
6th Gear
Originally Posted by aznqtboy984
I just made a deposit. I'm no. 7 on the list and I got the MA to give me some rubber floor mats. I'm excited!
GOOD FOR YOU!!! That's great!

The more reviews that I see coming out, the more I come to believe that we won't be disappointed.

Old 10-17-2006, 10:29 PM
CAP'N CRUNCH
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by msh441
. . .The more reviews that I see coming out, the more I come to believe that we won't be disappointed.
Disappointed? HA HA It will be the best MINI ever. I am really surprised to find so many people on this forum willing to continually dis the 07 for the most petty of self construed reasons. If you don't have anything nice to say . . . I mean really, have some diginty! It is getting to be a drag.

I put a $500 deposit down at my dealer and I am about number 10 on the list.

The new body looks so good I can hardly wait to get it. The front grill has such a nice new look. The old body was fantastic too and I loved the idea of the supercharger. I am not saying that to appease the 07haters either. I like the MINI either way, old and new.

Change is good and there are some very exciting new features. I plan to get the nav cause it looks super cool inside the giant speedo. And it will be integrated into some of the other systems. . . Way Cool!! I love the key fob and the little pouch they made for it in the dash! The start button reminds me of the Prius and that car is very trick in that area. The new option for CF side view mirror covers is sweet and I may opt for the Union Jack cover for the rear view mirror. I plan to get a silver car and the CF hood scoop is great looking too. I am so glad they made the car quiet inside. The more quiet it is, the better I can hear the sound system. And speaking of sound system . . . Yea, they are offering HD radio!!!! Come on that is sweet too. 6 disk changer in the dash!!! I know i am rambling but I have one more, telescoping wheel! Good work BMW.

Oh and BTW, the hood scoop has always been ornamental. Yea it used to take in air but it could have been placed anywhere. Any scoop on the hood of a car takes in bugs and water like crazy. But I wouldn't have had it any other way, it looked so cool. And it still does!

Cheers
Dave

Old 10-25-2006, 11:02 AM
mininovice
3rd Gear
Dealer contacted me Re my order today

Hello, I am brand new to NAM. I registered because I have some interesting news regarding the 2007 mini that I want to share:
The dealer that I am on a wait list with, Towne in Buffalo NY called me yesterday 10/24/06 to confirm that I was #9 on the 07' wait list and he expects that I will be able to spec my mini in early December for a possible late Feb 07 delivery. I am a nervous type so I called the Albany NY dealer and he said if I gave $500 over the phone via credit card I would be #7 on his list and that would get me a car in late March or April. The Albany NY dealer also claimed that they would not be able to spec ANY cars 06's, 07's, or convertables from now until at least late January 07, he also said that he has only 3 minis on the lot. So is Mini actually letting this dealer sit open with no product for 2-3 months?
I offered Towne $500 and they refused to take it saying that they expect their customers to deposit when ordering and not sooner. The dealer also said my price for the 07 would be sticker no higher and I could have floor mats. Both dealers said they have a 2 page brochure on the 07 that they would send me, but I suspect it has nothing that isn't already on this website. Well now I am confused Happy motoring all....

Old 10-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Cooper2u
2nd Gear
Hey all: I am new to NAM also. I signed up because I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my MINI S 07 too. I put a deposit down with my dealer in September 06, at the time my dealer advised me that they should be receiving a shipment in by Feb 07 (west coast), I did not ask any question about custom MINI's though. Because of your posts I have followed up with my dealer today via e-mail and requested some additional information. If there is anything interesting in the response, I will be sure to post an update for you all

Old 10-26-2006, 05:33 PM
Bolomitch
2nd Gear
I have put a deposit on an 07 at Cincinnati MINI back in September (No.2 on list) and they keep telling me that orders may go in at the end of December with February delivery.

I am extemely excited to get one. I have only driven small pickups since I was in high school. I finally decided I wanted something unique and individual that was fun to drive.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:42 PM
PezRadar
5th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny how so many conflicting reports of when orders will go in are being placed.

My dealership I chose (Moritz in Arlington TX outside of Dallas) said they will be taking orders either late Nov or early Dec.

I am number 10 on the list and they expect arrivals in late Feb. They said I do not have to put money down until I spec out my car and then they will require $1000 down. They do not markup over the price on the miniusa website and they also had me spec an 06 and would work from that when the 07's arrive to help me setup and call me in.