Stock Problems/Issues Discussions related to warranty related issues and repairs, or other problems with the OEM parts and software for MINI Clubman (R55), Cooper and Cooper S(R56), and Cabrio (R57).

Brake Booster Vacuum Pump Nipple

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 08:56 PM
WookieNugget
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Booster Vacuum Pump Nipple

Hello everyone!

I have searched and couldn't find this subject anywhere in the forum hence the new thread...
Several months ago I broke the nipple off the vacuum pump where the brake booster line connects. I could not find just the nipple to purchase and wound up buying an entire vacuum pump just to get the piece I needed. (bright side: I have a spare vacuum pump now) I was wondering if anyone has tried to fit a boost port adapter to the vacuum pump and then replace the original hard vacuum line with a flexible vacuum hose? (silicone or other) Does anyone know off hand if a boost port adapter would fit the vacuum pump? If not, is there anyone out there who could make one that does fit the vacuum pump? Or perhaps does someone know where I can buy just the nipple for the next time it breaks? Thanks in advance for any info, ideas or general sharing of knowledge with this topic.

-WookieNugget