R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 What parts swap from MCS to Justa?

Old 03-10-2019, 12:29 PM
CantComplain
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What parts swap from MCS to Justa?

Hi All-

Moving from a 2008 MCS to a 2010 Justa/base. Daughter doesn't need the turbo and with the 2008 getting totalled, I'm taking the opportunity to move to a newer car with half of the miles. I detailed it in another post, but I just put a lot of work and parts into the 2008. I was wondering if I can take the opportunity to re-use some of the parts from the wrecked one and move them over to the justa as everything has <1000 miles on it. Some of the ones I'd like to move over:
plugs
coils
timing tensioner/plastic guides/guide bolts/crank sprocket/cam bolts (basically if I had an extra new timing kit, would most of it swap? I know the top guide is different, but the rest looks the same)
throttle body
wheels (17 rather than 15"-within 2% circumference; can't imagine this would be an issue and would most likely make the speedo more accurate)

I've done some research on some of it, but haven't yet committed the time on realoem to cross reference everything. Hoping someone may know off the top of their head to point me in the right direction.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:02 PM
FredoinSF
6th Gear
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
IDK for sure, but Would suggest cross checking part numbers on realoem.com. You’d have a good idea of what will fit the justa.

Old 03-11-2019, 11:08 AM
MiniToBe
6th Gear
Received 427 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by CantComplain
Hi All-

plugs should be fine
coils should be fine
timing tensioner should be fine /plastic guides no good. it is different/guide bolts should be fine/crank sprocket should be fine/cam bolts those are one time use TTY bolts(basically if I had an extra new timing kit, would most of it swap? I know the top guide is different, but the rest looks the same)
throttle body no good. different part numbers
wheels (17 rather than 15"-within 2% circumference; can't imagine this would be an issue and would most likely make the speedo more accurate) should be fine

I've done some research on some of it, but haven't yet committed the time on realoem to cross reference everything. Hoping someone may know off the top of their head to point me in the right direction.
see in red

The following users liked this post:
CantComplain (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 10:28 AM
CantComplain
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MiniToBe
see in red
Appreciate it. I had spent some time on realoem and gotten even more confused if that's possible. Weird thing about the throttle bodies, the P/N is one number off off and they appear to be exactly the same except with slightly different plastic components. I won't try to swap it over but I'll hold onto the newer one from the 2008 and bust it out if I ever need to replace. Figure it can't hurt to try if I ever find myself needing one again.