R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Just bought a mini cooper base

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 11:03 PM
EpicUnciat
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bought a mini cooper base

Hey guys, I just bought a 2013 mini cooper base model, I was wondering what improvements I can make to it to make it more off road friendly since I live in Alaska. Don't **** on me for getting the base model, that's what I was comfortable paying for as they didn't have a countryman or any other better version in my monthly price range. So far I'm thinking about lifting it, I know there's lift kits for the r56 but i was also told i can get new springs that would lift the whole car as well. Has anyone lifted a base model mini? and would i be better off getting the lift kit or the new springs? I also plan on adding a bumper guard so that i can attach lights and possibly a small winch for emergencies (yeah it probably sounds stupid but hey it's my car). Does anyone know of a good bumper that would fit the mini or can be easily modded (ie screw holes or something, not welding)? And i also plan on adding an auto start system, but my car being a manual i hear that its quite a bit tougher so has anyone done so? and how hard was and how much did it cost? So many questions, sorry. This is only my second car, i only had my first car for a few weeks before i decided that i really need to get something better as it was an almost 30 year old sentra 2d base model with too many problems i didnt want to fix.