R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2008 Justa headlights question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 01:27 PM
imncrxtc
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Justa headlights question

Hello all,
Silly question...I have had my justa for 4 years (my 4th cooper, first non s), and I cant figure out if something is wrong, or if its normal. My headlight switch doesn't do anything. The lights come on, when the car is turned on. As I toggle through the 3 positions, nothing happens. Is this normal? The taillights come on when the car is started as well.
Weird, or normal?

Old 05-25-2017, 02:39 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
I'd say NO

Old 05-25-2017, 06:32 PM
seandallen
3rd Gear
Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts
Go into your settings (long hold the options button on the left blinker arm, not the wiper one) and cycle through until you find the haedlight settings for the fob that you are using. There a lot of youtube videos on how to get to these settings.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:39 PM
Shotgun_banjo
3rd Gear
Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Is your Justa US or Canadian? If it is Canadian you are one of the thousands of R56 that has a pointless light stalk. My Justa is the same as it was programmed to have the driver's lights and headlights to be always ON no matter what. The Mini dealership I have talked to about this calls them "cause of a Bavarian Friday Beer" as an idiot programmer from mini/bmw thought it would be cool to have it programmed like that. The only thing that you will notice what the stalk will do is when it is dark as it will turn on the ambient/ cluster lights on base on what you are pointing on the stalk. I think you would be able to reprogram but you need to go to a dealer who will agree to do it or somebody who has the programmer. This is one of the things on my list to as I feel sorry for the xenons I have as they are always on even at broad day light.

Also just for fun you can also turn on your fogs lights (front and rear) just because the headlights are on even during daytime (stupid right?). On other cars you cannot turn those on unless your headlamps are turned on from the stalk or if the light sensor of the car turns the headlamps on for you if you have it set on Auto.