R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Windows not going up all the way when door closed

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:10 AM
Cngizbleevng
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Windows not going up all the way when door closed

Recently had my wife's 2010 inspection/emissions done at a local shop. Passed with flying colors, but shortly after that time I noticed the windows were acting funny.

Noticed at first, when driving with the windows all the way up and then stopping and getting out, the window went all the way down instead of the normal 1/2 inch. Now, 2 weeks later, it goes down the 1/2 inch when opening the door, but sometimes doesn't go back up when closing the door (sometimes it does).

It may very well be coincidental that this started occurring around the time of the inspection, and I'm not confident enough that they caused it to take it back to that shop.

Has anyone else noticed this and what was the fix? It almost seems as though it's sorting itself out, but I'd still like to know more about why it's happening.

Old 02-26-2017, 08:40 AM
AZdsrt
6th Gear
Received 57 Likes on 53 Posts
Roll the window all the way down, hold for 5-10 sec, roll all the way up and hold for 5-10 sec. I think the exact procedure is described in the manual..

Old 02-26-2017, 01:16 PM
Capt_bj
OVERDRIVE
Received 281 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by AZdsrt
Roll the window all the way down, hold for 5-10 sec, roll all the way up and hold for 5-10 sec. I think the exact procedure is described in the manual..
yes ... this is a reset procedure for the 'auto dip' when you open the door. 9 times out of 10 it solves the problem.

Old 02-26-2017, 06:11 PM
Cngizbleevng
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thank you. I didn't even think to look in the owner's manual.