R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 How mini cooper s made me feel really happy (r56)

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 11:30 AM
accel
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How mini cooper s made me feel really happy (r56)

When I was driving new mini cooper s home, I was smiling. When I sold it, I felt happy and smiled for more than a week. And keep counting.

All the things that were supposed to break broke.

It spent 2 weeks on engine decarbonization due to Direct Injection engine design being just 10k miles young. It was so congested at that time that it wouldn't even start. So it became my first car ever to see flat bead truck in order to leave the garage for repairs.
Timing chain was replaced due to dangerously sounding rattle, but that didn't fix anything, so I didn't bother to ask for a fix again.
Fuel pump was replaced after Check engine light went on...
Lots of other minor things like climate control fan propelling burning smell inside the cabin and burning one breaker fuse after another, so after a year of struggle I've convinced the dealership to replace the fan. Interior parts breaking and falling apart....
It kept pushing you to go to the service to spend some more money and replace those brake pads that still had at least 1 year of useful life in them, but didn't even wink when ingenious plastic gasket cracked and the car lost coolant. So at that time it became my first car to see two flat bead trucks in its life.
And after cooling system repair the radiator fan would stay on after you'd stopped the engine. Or it would came back on a minute later and stay on for like 5 minutes.... Not a nice thing when it happens in the garage when you already closed it. And off course the dealer wouldn't want to fix that saying that's ok. They would much rather replace your brake pads again and made more hassle free money.

It's fun car to drive, but because of all the things above we never took any long trip in it... 'cause it's just scary and uncomfortable feeling to drive the car like this too far from services...

Despite all that we kept it well beyond the warranty... 'cause some family members who didn't have to take care of the car wanted to keep enjoying it.... But I felt like this evil lepricon should eventually go. And I eventually made it, and you probably can understand why I feel happy for that many days....

We bought a car that has oil dip stick, engine temperature gauge, non DI and non turbo engine. We bought this car to replace the mini-cooper and our neighbors bought the same car instead of their 4runner.

I feel like I want to have long family car trips again

P.S. Wish forum members all the best. Life is good!

Last edited by accel; 04-01-2016 at 01:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Tennmoto1
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok

What car did u get, ?