R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Media Probz- Bluetooth/Aux

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2015, 11:48 AM
egocentric
Neutral
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Media Probz- Bluetooth/Aux

Hey guys

I have an 08 Turbocharged Mini who I'm currently at cahoots with because I cannot for the life of me figure out whats wrong.

So here's the story:
I recently purchased the car off of this guy. Has like 20k miles right now. I also have the original window sticker so I'm aware of the options. So, just so you all know, the car came with the comfort Bluetooth/iPod option and, according to him, he has connected his phone to Bluetooth with the car before no problem. Additionally, dealer confirmed its there but he wasn't sure how to fix it either. I contacted MINI and they told me if I can't find a solution to call their Motoring Relations, which I plan to do, if no one here has had a similar problem and can offer a solution.

This may also be important but the car has the stock nav system so my dash has an option for AUX rather than Tuner.

As of right now, Bluetooth and AUX don't work. I could chalk it up to maybe they forgot to install but, like I said, apparently last owner was able to use Bluetooth no problem and the dealer confirmed otherwise (unless he didn't even bother to look? Also possible). AUX stays greyed out on the dash and nothing seems to turn it on. As for Bluetooth, I can't actually turn it on. The option sits in the "off" state in it's settings menu. Dealer messed around with turning it on and wasn't successful either. Additionally, the communication section of the dash says that Bluetooth is "searching. Please Wait". There was one time I was able to capture a Bluetooth network called "Bose Mini Sound" but I couldn't connect to it.

I have the Y-Cable adapter but I have had no luck with it. I've tried every combination of plugged in from just the USB to USB and AUX, have tried the Apple supplied white USB cord also an AUX cable I used for my old car. Not sure what is wrong with the AUX either but I'm pretty annoyed all the way around.

Does anyone have a solution or should I just call up MINI?