R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 02:23 PM
ct21
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by smr1963
Very nice taste!

Mine in the same color combo is at the distribution center now...the contrast looks great in these pictures and I'm getting very anxious!
Thanks! I was a bit concerned since every Eclipse Gray I have seen in person has either had a black or body color roof. I wanted something a little more unique, so I went on the hope that it would look good with white as well. You will be very happy with the combination - pictures really don't do it justice.

Old 12-31-2011, 02:52 PM
7t-onemonte
2nd Gear
I love the white roof and mirrors, I wasnt sure about that combo, thats why I went with the black. Ive had nothing but compliments on the color, I look at colors all day, as Im an autobody painter, I truly do love this gray! What a great looking bunch of cars here

Attached Thumbnails The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club-15486548_large.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 08:37 PM
smr1963
1st Gear
Finally here!

Took a while, but the new car is finally in my driveway. Love this color and am pleased with the white roof contrast.

Sorry for the iPhone photo, sorry again for taking the picture at night.

Attached Thumbnails The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club-car1.jpg  
Old 01-15-2012, 08:38 PM
smr1963
1st Gear
^^ Third sorry that the picture above turned out upside-down!!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:06 AM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by smr1963
Took a while, but the new car is finally in my driveway. Love this color and am pleased with the white roof contrast.

Sorry for the iPhone photo, sorry again for taking the picture at night.
Once you turn it right side up, LOOKIN' GOOD!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 PM
Bluenik25
1st Gear
I would like to officially join the Eclipse Gray owners club with my first post and more importantly my first Mini. I picked up a 2011 Eclipse Gray Mini Cooper S today and I'm supper excited!

Old 01-18-2012, 06:55 PM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bluenik25
I would like to officially join the Eclipse Gray owners club with my first post and more importantly my first Mini. I picked up a 2011 Eclipse Gray Mini Cooper S today and I'm supper excited!
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to THE club! Would love to see pics once you have some!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:01 AM
Bluenik25
1st Gear
Originally Posted by jacobjr
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to THE club! Would love to see pics once you have some!
Thanks Jacob, I have been playing so much, I haven't had time to take any good pics. This is what I have from the dealer.

The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club-sam_0098.jpg
The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club-capture.jpg
The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club-sam_0096.jpg

Old 01-19-2012, 12:27 PM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Bluenik25
Thanks Jacob, I have been playing so much, I haven't had time to take any good pics. This is what I have from the dealer.
Very nice! Our cars look very similar on the exterior (see pics of my Grayson in my gallery). Is your (light) interior leather? I'm jealous...

Old 01-19-2012, 01:13 PM
Bluenik25
1st Gear
Very nice! Our cars look very similar on the exterior (see pics of my Grayson in my gallery). Is your (light) interior leather? I'm jealous...
Yeah its the Cashmere Beige Leather. To be honest I wanted a dark interior. I have two young girls that I am scared to let near those seats until I get some sort of cover in the back.

Old 01-19-2012, 01:55 PM
7t-onemonte
2nd Gear
Love the interior on it, I was worried about ordering that with me being in Autobody, I keep my cars spotless, and thats not too driver friendly! I have a light sandlewood cloth interior in my Monte and I have towells and a change of clothes just to get in it

Old 01-19-2012, 04:05 PM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 7t-onemonte
Love the interior on it, I was worried about ordering that with me being in Autobody, I keep my cars spotless, and thats not too driver friendly! I have a light sandlewood cloth interior in my Monte and I have towells and a change of clothes just to get in it
As much as I LOVE the look, I'm with you on keeping it looking like that all the time. I go/went for black interior specifically for this reason. It's also the reason I no longer do black exterior cars. Black exterior and light interior look sooooooooooooo good when they are clean and also look sooooooooooo bad when they are dirty which turns out to be a major time constraint to keep it spotless. The eclipse grey exterior turns out to be just dark enough that it's not the same amount of work as black. And I will just continue to drool over the stunning light interiors like Bluenik25's...

Old 01-19-2012, 04:56 PM
7t-onemonte
2nd Gear
I agree that the Gray is definately easier than the Black, Im already having chest pains trying to keep my black roof clean and streakless I guess its all part of the sickness.
I so wanted to order that interior, it does look beautiful! I will just admire it from afar. One light colored interior is enough for me to deal with, heres a pic of my Monte's interior.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:29 PM
jacobjr
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by 7t-onemonte
I agree that the Gray is definately easier than the Black, Im already having chest pains trying to keep my black roof clean and streakless I guess its all part of the sickness.
I so wanted to order that interior, it does look beautiful! I will just admire it from afar. One light colored interior is enough for me to deal with, heres a pic of my Monte's interior.
WOW! If that immaculate interior is really a '71, I'm VERY impressed. It looks incredible for it's age! Luckily for me, my top on my MCS is also eclipse gray (as are the mirrors), so no chest pains for me!

Old 01-20-2012, 09:32 AM
CooperUK
Neutral
Eclipse Gray MCS in the UK

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd introduce myself to fellow EG owners.

My car is pretty much as it left the factory apart from changing the tyres from run flat to normal ones at 7500 miles.

This is a great improvement for ride and roadholding.

There will be a few cosmetic changes - black jack scuttles and rear view mirror.

I saw a guy today who does vinyl wrapping and he is going to do me some hood stripes in dark gray mtallic with a silver pinstripe either side.

He tried some samples on the car and this combo looks good.

Great to see MINI is popularr in the USA and that so many owners have EG.

I will post pics as soon as the weather brightens up here.

Old 01-20-2012, 06:10 PM
7t-onemonte
2nd Gear
WOW! If that immaculate interior is really a '71, I'm VERY impressed. It looks incredible for it's age! Luckily for me, my top on my MCS is also eclipse gray (as are the mirrors), so no chest pains for me!
Its not original, all redone as is the entire car. Heres a link to the Cardomain pages of the resto of the Monte. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/262132...et-monte-carlo With the MINI I wanted to break up some of the gray,although seeing yours I like it all the same color as well. I plan on doing something to the roof and hood of mine in the future, just havent decided what as of yet. I have some cool ideas in the works, I make a living painting cars, so the hardest part is coming up with the perfect plan

Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Bluenik25
1st Gear
And I will just continue to drool over the stunning light interiors like Bluenik25's...
Drool all you want Jacob, I have already covered the rear seats with a universal cover until I can get a custom fit cover.

Old 01-21-2012, 10:39 AM
quality_sound
5th Gear
Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM
dphan913
1st Gear
Just ordered my Eclipse Grey/ White top JCW! Excited to be a future eclipse grey owner =D

Just wanted y'alls opinion on putting on racing stripes... I really like the matte black racing stripes, but will it work out with the color scheme? Or is white a much better choice?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:09 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
I would go with the matte black and yes it will work. The black stripes will pull the black from the wheel arches. It will look great :-)
The matte black goes really well with the eclipse grey and would set the white roof off even more IMO

Originally Posted by dphan913
Just ordered my Eclipse Grey/ White top JCW! Excited to be a future eclipse grey owner =D

Just wanted y'alls opinion on putting on racing stripes... I really like the matte black racing stripes, but will it work out with the color scheme? Or is white a much better choice?

Old 03-05-2012, 04:13 PM
dphan913
1st Gear
I totally thought about after reading through your making of MAKO thread! You've been an inspiration to me haha

Originally Posted by Phx JCW
I would go with the matte black and yes it will work. The black stripes will pull the black from the wheel arches. It will look great :-)
The matte black goes really well with the eclipse grey and would set the white roof off even more IMO

Old 03-05-2012, 04:14 PM
walk0080
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Phx JCW
I agree - matte black with white roof is a great combo.

Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 PM
dphan913
1st Gear
Mmmm.. Do you think its better to leave the white top and just have the stripes on the hood?

Originally Posted by walk0080
I agree - matte black with white roof is a great combo.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Thanks for the compliment ...it's been fun. I have to stop buying other toys and get my Intercooler and exhaust before summer hits
I totally thought about after reading through your making of MAKO thread! You've been an inspiration to me haha

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 PM
Phx JCW
4th Gear
Do the hood and roof, worst case you can always I'll the roof off if you don't like it. I think it would look a title wired with just the hood since the matte black on the eclipse grey is so subtle.

Mmmm.. Do you think its better to leave the white top and just have the stripes on the hood?

Quick Reply: R56 The Official Eclipse Gray Owners Club