R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 2011 Ordering

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 03:00 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a convertible, the S versions don't have the chrome gas door, due to the roof motors. Yeah you saw it, Laser Blue. There are some pics of the Spice Orange S hatchback and green leather on motoringfile.com. I guess rear fogs are not standard, but the reverse lights will be down there in the bumper anyway. Not sure how that works..maybe he meant they are standard. And everyone is against the chrome exterior, but I kinda like it. If it not chrome, its a shiny black as seen in the pics.

I would paint my own lights, but I don't know how the light unit will differ with the adaptive parts, might be too complex to do it, Also in the pics mentioned, the car shows the normal xenon, which looks to have a ring of lights around the "eye", while the adaptive ones have the headlight washer "bulge" in black, while normal xenons still silver.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:12 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
OK, so here we are wrapping up the second week of August and still no word on pricing, the US Configurator, or EPA estimates?!

I have a sneakin suspicion MINI may be tying the announcement to the MTTS in Denver this weekend, but who knows?

Old 08-12-2010, 10:08 AM
chakram105
3rd Gear
Pricing is coming next week as read on Motoringfile's twitter.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by chakram105
'preciate it Can't get to Twitter behind our corporate fire wall!

Old 08-12-2010, 10:26 AM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Awesome! It's been a long and not-so-patient wait.

Old 08-12-2010, 08:59 PM
chakram105
3rd Gear
I know..now just un-delay mini connected and then i can order...man...i dont want to wait anymore...just to get a production week haha.

Old 08-13-2010, 11:38 AM
bruce_wayne
2nd Gear
WOOHOO!!!!

I'm in the un-patiently waiting boat as well

Also, Thanks for the tip about the german site having the blacked out headlights. They look great IMO

Old 08-19-2010, 07:42 AM
sobiloff
Neutral
Still waiting...

Old 08-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Dodgy
3rd Gear
You're not alone!!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
Old 08-19-2010, 10:06 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Where's the pricing?

Me, still waiting for the pricing. I thought, and everyone said so too, that it would be out this week. Well, the week is wearing out..

Old 08-19-2010, 10:12 AM
hemisedan
6th Gear
Oh yes, looked at the BRG ll Green on MotoringFile. That's my color.
Here's my build:

BRG ll JCW
Chili Red roof & mirrors
Chili Red dash and door trim
JCW Checkered seats with Red piping
Blackened Challenge Wheels
Cold Package
HID's with Adaptive headlights
H&K radio sound system
Auto dimming inside mirror
Garage Door opener
Rear fog lights

Maybe go with the Red leather and Black cloth seats are an option, but not sure about them. I can still catch the order, as it's not scheduled for build yet. My dealer said that I have a couple of weeks to change on that if I want. That's my little guy.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:21 AM
ScottyAvalon
1st Gear
I ordered my 2011 Clubman S the first part of July. I had a rough idea what the price will be but it was a stressful transaction. I got all the options that I would order on a 2010 so I'm sure I will be happy with it. It is already built and I should take delivery around the 15th of September... Hope they have pricing by then.

Last edited by ScottyAvalon; 08-19-2010 at 10:26 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:22 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Me three...

I had found the perfect 2010, but the dealer messed up that deal, so now I'm waiting for 2011s to build exactly what I want for basically the same price. *Sigh*. The wait sucks

So when pricing is announced, I assume we can start ordering then? Has anyone already put down a deposit?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:27 AM
ScottyAvalon
1st Gear
I ordered in July with a deposit. Car is at the port waiting to be shipped.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Really? I thought you couldn't order until pricing was out..Or was it they won't deliver until then? I assume you'll have yours Sept 18th, or right around then?

Old 08-19-2010, 10:58 AM
ScottyAvalon
1st Gear
Correct, I was able to order but even the dealer was slightly unsure of all the options that were coming out. By placing my order when I did it allowed me to be part of the August Build. I lucked out but the car has been waiting at the port for about 2 weeks now. I think it is shipping on the 23rd but I will not be able to get it until the pricing comes out. My advisor said they expect for the price to be to me by the end of August but they seem unsure. This wait has been awful but at least it is already built and will be here soon.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:08 AM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Dangit dangit dangit! I was told I couldn't order until August. Here I am..now I guess I really won't see the car until October. GRR.
Guess I better get over to my dealer this weekend. At least I have another day or two to decide whether I want a silver or LzB roof color on the LzB. Leaning towards body color roof, black pillars. Keeps two colors on the car with chrome details

Old 08-19-2010, 11:54 AM
ScottyAvalon
1st Gear
Good Luck! At least your dealer should know more about the newer options that are available.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:24 PM
hemisedan
6th Gear
I read somewhere that September 18th was a special day about deliveries. I think that is the official roll out day. Believe this or not but I offered a deposit, but my dealer said that a deposit was not necessary. On ordering, it helped that I had all the codes for the options, free options, as well as the priced options.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:35 PM
Mysticeti
3rd Gear
Originally Posted by hemisedan
Me, still waiting for the pricing. I thought, and everyone said so too, that it would be out this week. Well, the week is wearing out..
Looks like this week is toast unless MINI makes a Friday afternoon announcement (a date/time often reserved for delivering bad news).

Ever get the feeling you're being strung along like a marionette?

I'm still very interested in pricing and the new configurator but at this point I'm 99% convinced I'm better off waiting until spring to order.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Slartibartfast
2nd Gear
I read a comment on MF from Gabe stating that the US configurator was ready to go, but waiting on a release date. Pricing must be holding up the show. It sure would be interesting to know what the delay is all about. It can't be good for business!

Edit: Gabe's exact quote on 8-17: "Likely later this week. It’s done… just waiting for the right time to be released."

Last edited by Slartibartfast; 08-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Well I'm giving up and going in tonight. The only thing different for 2011 I want added on is auto-dim side mirrors. I hopefully can agree upon a price that makes those a low cost item. So, I either win because I get a good deal on them, or there's two chances I get hosed because either a) they're cheaper than expected or b) i can't order them yet.

I'll let you know how I do later tonight

Old 08-20-2010, 02:46 PM
Sauron
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by wahoo_shoe
Well I'm giving up and going in tonight. The only thing different for 2011 I want added on is auto-dim side mirrors. I hopefully can agree upon a price that makes those a low cost item. So, I either win because I get a good deal on them, or there's two chances I get hosed because either a) they're cheaper than expected or b) i can't order them yet.

I'll let you know how I do later tonight
Good luck!

All this ends up delaying the final arrival of the Mini....

Old 08-20-2010, 07:13 PM
wahoo_shoe
4th Gear
Well here's the deal
There's no pricing right now, obviously. Very few people seem to know that you can order because I saw two other interested parties walking around and assumed there are no 2011s yet, even though you CAN order right now. When the saleswoman and a couple of others tried to explain they can order and put down a deposit, the parties just said "well there's no 2011s on your lot that I can look at, we're outta here". I guess if you're not on here or motoringfile.com, you have no clue

Next issue: due to no pricing, ordering the car is too weird for me to sign the dotted line yet. I know I want auto-dim side mirrors (effing idiots and their brights I don't have my mirrors pointed behind me but if they change lanes behind you, it's ZAP! Blinded!) and the USB/iPod config is now only one option (you get the charging cord up near the cupholders and BT is standard). So those right there are options with price unknown. They could cost me another $1K and I would never know until prices come out.

So, long story short, I'm waiting until prices come out, then I'm going that darn night. She's saying right now 4-5 weeks start to finish time, maybe 4-6 by the end of August once pricing has been out for awhile. Also kept saying the base MSRP is only going up "most likely $500". She kept saying that over and over, so maybe they know something, who knows. I'm also waiting on financing options to appear so I know what that move will be too.

Ugh. Good thing? I know EXACTLY what I want. The only thing now is leatherette vs leather/cloth seats, but I really didn't like the feel of the cloth against bare legs, so I'm thinking leatherette.

Quick Reply: R56 2011 Ordering