R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 Interesting Predicament.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 PM
Firebolt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting Predicament.

Hey guys,

Need some advice on how i should go about solving my mini problems. First, some foundation. I go to school in Orlando, but live in Miami. This past december i was in miami and took my car for annual service along with some warrantee issues. My advisor said that my car ought to be ready within four days. Great. Four days later, i call in and find out that there were some complications and that the car wouldn't be ready for another couple of days. This happens several more times. Long story short - i got my car a MONTH later, but heres the kicker... with MORE problems than i had initially plus some body damage My reverse lights didn't turn on, panels of my interior were just hanging out of place. it was VERY disappointing.

I got my car back the day before i had to go back up for school. i gave the dealership a call and a piece of my mind. they told me to take it to a local dealership and that they'll fix it up free of charge. So thats what i did, i took it to a dealership near me and they were able to fix everything the other dealership couldn't in a matter of HOURS! fantastic....BUT they wouldn't fix the body damage because they didn't do body work at that particular dealership. So my question to you is this, what now?

Old 01-29-2009, 01:41 PM
geekswrath
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First talk to MINIUSA about the dealership in question then call the dealership where the body damage happened and have them set you up with a body shop that is local to you to have the damage fixed. Most dealerships don't fix body damage in house, they farm it out to a preferred shop anyway.

If all else fails you might have to file under insurance. Sucks but at least the car will be fixed. I feel your pain.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Red Bull
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by geekswrath
First talk to MINIUSA about the dealership in question then call the dealership where the body damage happened and have them set you up with a body shop that is local to you to have the damage fixed. Most dealerships don't fix body damage in house, they farm it out to a preferred shop anyway.

If all else fails you might have to file under insurance. Sucks but at least the car will be fixed. I feel your pain.

MINIUSA first call. Then I would take it to a bodyshop and get at least 3 estimates. Call the manager at your dealer and send faxes over to them and date them. Then call your insurence company to find out the best way to handle it.

Did the dealer admit to damaging the car? Sounds like the worlds worst dealership. Good Luck