R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 3 DAYS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2008, 08:03 AM
BostonR56S
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3 DAYS!

I've been waiting for just under 6 weeks now, and shes almost ready! Shes at the distribution center and making its way to the dealership. final touches and such and i will be picking her up on wednesday!

all i think, eat, and sleep about is her.

interesting story though-
last monday I finally got a printout from them of the actual order with options and such, and them being mini of boston, messed it up. I had originally ordered the sport package with web spokes and black bonnet stripes... but of course they ordered no stripes with crown spokes!!
The owners lounge isn't specific enough in the details and i didnt notice it missing, and it doesnt point out which rims I got- so i never noticed.
Anyhow, originally i did not get a penny off the car- and i still didnt now. though, what they offered me (since they said they had to order the web spokes from the factory and for some reason they said it wouldnt work, which is complete bs i believe) but- they offered me free lo-jack (695$ value) or, they would give me the R105 JCW wheels in black off the JCW showroom car. Immediately I went for the rims of course! (after checking them out at the dealership to make sure there were no curb rashes or anything. They have the dunlop RF 205/40/18 I believe on them -the standard). Now, i was told these would be added at no charge (which of course I was like hmmm really now... well thats a sickkk deal) but when i went in, i dealt with someone other than my salesperson (would that be my MA as in mini advisor?? sorry im a nooob)- but this guy was really nice anyways, and when he talked to the manager on the phone, the manager was like no way are those going for free etc [my actual saleslady is new and doesnt know too much], but i was like she said they'd be free etc etc. So the current salesperson i was dealing with argued with the manager to try to get them to me for free, since i was already told they would be.

At the end, I got some bs deal where he said I HAD to get tire pressure sensors installed- @ 120$/each!!! so thats 480$- at the 1500$ sports package price. so 20$ less than the crown spokes, but i get the jcw wheels now, with tires. (so i thought this was a good deal, do others agree??)

I also managed to squeeze out free rubber floor mats as well, AND, free SPORT stripes instead of the standard bonnet stripes. which im excited about, because i didnt see the sport stripes till lingering on NAM, AFTER ordering the car. So I feel like their mess-ups ended up being a benefit to me- what do you guys think??

and, yes, i will be taking sooo many photos on wednesday that you guys will have an album to look at! (im a photographer!!)

Old 07-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Calmante
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is up with everyone getting the free rubber floor mats? I feel like a jackass for being "talked into" floor mats by my MA.

Old 07-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Red Dragoon
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As long as you're happy with the way your MINI turned out, I'd say you got a great deal. Just three days left till motoring nirvana begins. Can't wait to see the photo album. Best of luck.

CROC 411

Old 07-20-2008, 08:41 AM
ngweibing
6th Gear
yr wait is ALMOST over....

Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 AM
SuperGreg
6th Gear
I thought the detail at the Owners Circle was quite good actually. I orderd the 17" Crown Spokes, and they clearly show up. I am most interested in seeing your sport stripes, as I ordered them as well for my PW. Mine are being installed at the VDC though. Sorry to hear you got the runaround :(. Can't wait to see the pics .

Old 07-20-2008, 11:43 AM
BostonR56S
Banned
Originally Posted by Calmante
What is up with everyone getting the free rubber floor mats? I feel like a jackass for being "talked into" floor mats by my MA.
well i wasn't getting anything at first. and i was mad that i was in your position too, until they messed up and then decided to be nice. this dealership already has a bad reputation as i've found out, and they probably dont want it getting any worse.. =\

Old 07-20-2008, 11:46 AM
BostonR56S
Banned
Originally Posted by SuperGreg
I am most interested in seeing your sport stripes, as I ordered them as well for my PW. Mine are being installed at the VDC though. Sorry to hear you got the runaround :(. Can't wait to see the pics .
yup, the only thing is they arent in stock right now at the dealer, so if its not there by wednesday, (the stripes that is) im just gonna come back at a later time to get them put on. I'm not waiting extra days just for the stripes to be put on, i cant wait any longer. haha.