R56 :: Hatch Talk (2007+) MINI Cooper and Cooper S (R56) hatchback discussion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R56 If Apple made a car...

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:04 PM
russgriz
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green with envy...

Originally Posted by Scooner8
My entire home is Mac. 3 portables with each dedicated Cinema displays & keyboards. Airport Extreme wifi base station. iMac for my son. 3 iphones. My Dell & Sony Vaio had been sitting idle since I converted about 2 years ago. I can't even look at Vista without feeling nauseated Sorry, pc fans...
...but you need a mini (Mac mini that is) for your home entertainment pc. I love mine HD movies on the fly. But wait, Apple is updating the mini soon.

Sent from my iPhone

Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
drummergirl
2nd Gear
Sorry for the late reply Moxie; I just saw this message. Actually, the answer is none of the above. I am a conga player mostly (although I do play set), but I don't play set professionally. When I do get the urge to play set, I jam on my practice kit at home (an entry level electric kit by Yamaha). Makes me want to do more with set drums sometimes. . . I am a better hand percussionist, so that is what I do when I play out. I play private gigs mostly, and that I have cut back on them since I work full-time.
Cheers-

Old 01-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Sketch
5th Gear
Originally Posted by Scooner8
My entire home is Mac. 3 portables with each dedicated Cinema displays & keyboards. Airport Extreme wifi base station. iMac for my son. 3 iphones. My Dell & Sony Vaio had been sitting idle since I converted about 2 years ago. I can't even look at Vista without feeling nauseated Sorry, pc fans...
Dude I wish I were you!! When I get on my own, (and can afford to) I am going all Apple. Theres just too many reasons why I LOVE their computers. So far all my family is up to is 3 iPhones and around 8 iPods at the moment (NOT including iPhones ).

Old 01-07-2009, 08:02 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so... is anyone else here disappointed that the Mac Mini didn't get an update (AGAIN) at Macworld?

Last edited by MoxieMini; 01-07-2009 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Bad Grammar
Old 01-07-2009, 09:25 AM
AKIndiMini
OVERDRIVE
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am. I'm waiting on an update before I buy one. I need a small desktop machine and the Mini would be perfect.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:47 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Yeah, I'm in that boat, too.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM
thejokell
4th Gear
Originally Posted by MoxieMini
so... is anyone else here disappointed that the Mac Mini didn't get an update (AGAIN) at Macworld?
Not really. The iMac and Mini will be updated with their own events, probably next month. Apple is backing out of MacWorld for a reason, they weren't going to contradict that reason by announcing a slew of new hardware...

Old 01-07-2009, 10:25 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by thejokell
Not really. The iMac and Mini will be updated with their own events, probably next month. Apple is backing out of MacWorld for a reason, they weren't going to contradict that reason by announcing a slew of new hardware...
I hope you're right. I've been waiting on a new Mac Mini for almost two years! I really need something to replace my old G4 tower.

On another note...

Did anyone else hear about the MacRumors.com hack of their live feed? It was pretty funny (some of it anyway).

Old 02-22-2009, 08:44 PM
jdonaldlukas
3rd Gear
Used to be a mac fanboy in the days before they advertised more than they developed. Products and software just aren't up to snuff anymore. Still lovin the MINI.

Old 02-23-2009, 05:37 AM
TOPLABDOG
2nd Gear
Just my 2 cents but I have been purchasing Apple computers since the first one came out. I have been a supporter all the way. However, my latest purchase (a $2300 Mac book pro plus the three year extended warranty) has been a lemon. I have had the computer a little over a year and had lots of parts replaced. First the hard drive, then the optical drive, then the keypad, then the case split and then the rim around the screen split. Apple replaced the electronic but will not fix the case so it is held together with black duct tape. It does make a nice contrast to the silver case.and I get to comment to others how it is POS. Personally I am glad Apple does not contribute to the Mini. Some how Apple has lost interest in making a durable product and I will not purchase a disposable computer from them again. In the case of my Mini so far so good.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:25 AM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by TOPLABDOG
Just my 2 cents but I have been purchasing Apple computers since the first one came out. I have been a supporter all the way. However, my latest purchase (a $2300 Mac book pro plus the three year extended warranty) has been a lemon. I have had the computer a little over a year and had lots of parts replaced. First the hard drive, then the optical drive, then the keypad, then the case split and then the rim around the screen split. Apple replaced the electronic but will not fix the case so it is held together with black duct tape. It does make a nice contrast to the silver case.and I get to comment to others how it is POS. Personally I am glad Apple does not contribute to the Mini. Some how Apple has lost interest in making a durable product and I will not purchase a disposable computer from them again. In the case of my Mini so far so good.
Actually, Apple has been and continues to be among the top-rated companies when it comes to reliability and customer satisfaction in notebook computers. Unfortunately, it doesn't feel that way if you happen to be one of the few with a bad one.

My wife and I, on the other hand, have had five Apple laptops between us during the last 6 years (G3 iBook, 15" G4 Powerbook, 17" G4 Powerbook, Macbook, 15" MacBook Pro), and the only failed component we've had among all of them has been a backlight inverter on the iBook.

So while you may think that Apple's gone downhill, and I may think they make great notebooks, the truth is that neither of us has owned nearly enough of their computers to make any judgements that are statistically-valid.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:53 AM
AkFarina
Banned
Im a Mac fan, and my job is IT with windows. i like mac a lot more

Old 02-23-2009, 12:06 PM
metaltometal
2nd Gear
15" Macbook Pro here. Love the graphics, design, and awesome OS X operating system. My 4th apple computer and counting.........

Old 02-26-2009, 08:54 PM
sgsuperman105
2nd Gear
My sister says I am turning into a typical graphic designer.
-Messy beard/hair.
-MINI Cooper
-Apple MacBook Pro and Apple iPod.

I think she is slightly correct but I love being myself no matter what.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:22 PM
Deviant
5th Gear
Originally Posted by sgsuperman105
-Messy beard/hair.
-MINI Cooper

Crap, since October I've added the first and last on that list to my MINI..... shoot.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:27 PM
sgsuperman105
2nd Gear
Originally Posted by Deviant
Crap, since October I've added the first and last on that list to my MINI..... shoot.
I think all these things just go well together.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:47 PM
ScottRiqui
OVERDRIVE
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Deviant

You gave your MINI messy hair and a beard??

Old 02-28-2009, 05:21 AM
JudgeS
6th Gear
Originally Posted by sgsuperman105
-Messy beard/hair.
-MINI Cooper

Haha your sister has a beard (jk)

I have all three (or 4) but you should change the last part to iPhone, I think almost everyone under 40 has an iPod.

Old 02-28-2009, 07:17 AM
euells
4th Gear
Not an Apple Fanboy Fanatic, but..

I do enjoy their products. I was "brought over to the dark side" by the iPhone. I've had 3 iPods, but didn't see them as the incredible ultimate device. But the iPhone 3G is close - just look at all the other manufacurers trying to reproduce the functionality. Since then - my son has semi converted me - giving me his Mac Mini and my wife his old MacBook. I still use many Windows machines at work and at home (I built a home automation system) but there are times when only a Mac will do - especially when it comes to graphics or media.

Anyway - now that I have the MINI (a gift from my wife), I get all the jokes from my jealous buds like :

"You know the worst thing about owning a MINI and an iPhone?"

Old 03-02-2009, 06:47 AM
Rysani
1st Gear
Hello all,

I am a Mac fan and as of August 22nd 2008, I am also a proud Mini Cooper S owner. I actually am the store manager for one of the largest independent Apple dealers in western Canada. Mac Mini's, iMacs and Mac Pro Towers should all be changing soon, as Apple has slowed down and or stopped shipments on most of these products.

Old 03-02-2009, 07:37 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by drummergirl
Sorry for the late reply Moxie; I just saw this message. Actually, the answer is none of the above. I am a conga player mostly (although I do play set), but I don't play set professionally. When I do get the urge to play set, I jam on my practice kit at home (an entry level electric kit by Yamaha). Makes me want to do more with set drums sometimes. . . I am a better hand percussionist, so that is what I do when I play out. I play private gigs mostly, and that I have cut back on them since I work full-time.
Cheers-
That's awesome. I was never any good at hand drums. I had hard time getting some of the more advanced conga technique. I'm impressed, though. Good conga players are really hard to find!

Old 03-02-2009, 07:40 AM
MoxieMini
6th Gear
Originally Posted by TOPLABDOG
Sounds like you just got some bad voodoo with your Mac! I hope you get all of worked out. Don't lose the faith!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 PM
keel
Neutral
I started off in '84 on the old B&W Mac Plus, went to the Power Mac G3, two 17" iMacs and now a 20" iMac with a slaved 17" monitor for multiple display. Still using the Power Mac G3 even after all these years.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:45 PM
john171
3rd Gear
Not a fan boy

Originally Posted by Apple
it would be a mini, so I am wondering how many hard core mac fan boys own Minis?
but a Mac users since '88.
We currently own: 1 R56 MCS, 1-iMac, 3-G4 towers (1 Yikes & 2 MDD), 1 Video iPod, 1 Mac Mini.
1 Airport Extreme Base Station (Hmm Base Station, OH NO it's an Cylon infiltration ) and 1 AppleTV
I guess the design, elegance and longevity as put forth by each company is what drew us to both.
And with both the Mini and the MINI they have been tricked out beyond the original man. specs

Last edited by john171; 05-24-2009 at 07:42 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:01 PM
mellocooper
4th Gear
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I just picked up a Mac Mini in my MINI a few weeks ago. It is serving as my media center. Between Hulu, NetFlix and iTunes it's goodbye DirecTV!

I always have to remember the apple is a Mini and not a MINI when typing in macrumors.com forums.

Quick Reply: R56 If Apple made a car...